The Corroboree
Delilah

Silene capensis/undulata from Shaman Australis v Herbalistics - different effects, why?

In 2013 I bought Silene capensis/undulata plants from Shaman Australis.  A handful of leaves brewed as a tea and drunk daily for three days would produce consistently vivid and fun dreams on the third and fourth day.  Great adventures were had!

Those plants all died suddenly.  So last year I bought some more, but this time from Herbalistics because SA didn't have them.  The Herbalistics plants have grown and multiplied incredibly well.  However, the leaves are no fun!  They induce only a very slight dream effect, and it has an anxious and sleepless quality.  Not at all like the fun self-directed movies I got from the SA plants.  

Any idea why the difference?  Could it be my body chemistry?  Life is good, so it's not a psychological variable.  Or is it really the actual plants, else perhaps a cultivation variable?  I ran many trials with both the SA plants and the Herbalistics plants, with consistent results across many months. 

I also recall the flowers of the SA plants having a delicious fragrance, whereas the Herbalistics plants I can walk past without noticing.  They are visually identical, though.

So what gives???  I'm tempted to buy some SA seed, presuming it comes from the same 2013 line of plants.  But has anyone else experienced this? 

Do you have any seedlings of the definitely 'vivid and fun' kind that I could buy from you?  (NSW)

Edited by Delilah