The Corroboree

G'day Sabbers !

Many moons ago and a lot more than realized there was once a bunch of kids that back in those days were actually allowed out of school at lunch and break times and there was a distinct lack of prison fence unlike the same school today..

In fact it was pretty much an open gate system that was only locked at night and that didn't stop us from playing night footie on the roof and at weekends too :P

So during dinner breaks and other breaks ..

(and some of my class mates even using the cupboard at the back of french lessons the mad bastages and somehow got away with it?)  .. a few select individuals would nip out into the adjacent woods and fields for a toak :) since one was the son of a copper who assisted the flow of smoakables and various other yet to be personally discovered packages into the area and surrounding areas for a few decades before skipping the country and being probably on the run from the uk law for over a decade or something .. or so I hear nowdays ... but back then we only knew his dad was a copper - lol.

So this little clique eventally weedled down to a few best of a bad bunch to facilitate the deep thinking that lay before us whilst surrounded by the worlds best graffitii wherever we could skulk away even further from general assholiery, I mean rat racers..

in all the nooks and crannies from old railway tracks to nature reserves to farmlands and golf courses or derelict buildings and factorys or even the tunnel that runs through our city's biggest bridge structure ... and all the subways, disused viaducts, bridges over motorways etc... you get the picture.

This clique further divided over the coming decades into a mixture of martial arts, videogaming, wilderness exploring, early basic freerunning/parkour, art creation, skaters, performing arts students (quelle surprise?~) , thrill seekers, bungee jumpers, Aussie adrenaline sport watching wannabe's, and soul surfing our different cultural and religious variations from jehovah's witnessery and their clean cutness to rudeboy and a few yardi, taoist, or rastafari,.. all manner of jewish sects, to lingham water, to gothic witchy wannabe-ery, and a couple of satanists and muslims to spicen the flavours I guess?

so as you can imagine all kinds of subjects in depth for hours all utilizing this beautiful plant bringing us together and enriching our perceptions and all sorts of cool and intricate ideas and dreams of how to enhance the experience and make it even better than it already was.

outdoor in good weather with good mates and good provisions against rains or other outcomes of mother-natural lobbage, like running out of one of the ingredients ... ; this is pretty much an impeccable thing already .. especially if you all play guitar!

combine this with age and bad weather and modern conveniences for entertainment purposes and their pull,.. the indoors is fast becoming the new outdoors :) although amps have been in portable form for a while so having a 6/string blast in the middle of nowhere is still possible but nicer with home comforts.

But there has to be a viable cure to having to smoke outside in cold weather more than just a designated outbuilding.

.. so anyhow some of the cool ideas shared were too cool to leave in the past and I might remember more later but for now here's

Number #1

all sat there toakling and the cloud gets ever thicker, the health situation just failed pretty badly and it's only a matter of time until it is no longer a sustainable thing for the body, lungs and general well being , plus ability to enjoy a repeat performance.

The reefer extractor fan.

This was the idea and I think the horse I knew back then who came up with it was when we were like, .. 14 or 15?

so, .. ya know at the dentist ,.. there's this great big thing they grab with huge lights on it.. and then they flick it back up to the sky effortlessly when they're done ?

and that arm that holds it?

-this must be key to the imaginary contraption I am trying to convey.

A system of rails on the ceiling so that the arm thing (minus dentist, sunglasses and huge light) can reach every part of the room and thus anyone who is toaking a reef.

Extractor fan/exhaust pipe connected to be outlet at the exterior of the building in which said development would be perceived to be.

The ability to put it back outta the way for when toakl does not .. take place.

And of course, the cream features ; an ashtray hoover and reef holder.

I can imagine there may be even more uses for this contraption than I would seek it for.

However, I don't imagine a filter would be fun to clean out but I guess tar build up might require easy and fast low cost replacement of parts and someway of recycling them safely into something useful, preferably something to do with gardening in someway.

Has anybody else had this idea yet?

Has anybody else had any cool ideas born from this kind of collective toakerie for zone enhancement like it and wants to share?

Has anybody else created their dream/idea and did it go well ?

did it work?

any plans to revisit and hone to a state of your satisfaction on whatever it may be?

I'm thinking a fan in a window with a pipe as a prototype, a bit like those drying domes they seem to have at this huge glass nail salon thing in town .. dnno if your town has one , seems most do , so it vacuums their nails dry and gets rid of fthe fumes and could also vac toak smoke and ashtray reek I reckon :)

• Like 2

Some good mates of mine use to run a hydro shop, and another mate came down with a blood cancer and had to spend a load of time in the hospital.

They don't let ya smoke in hospitals now:wink:They use too... Lol.. Ciggies at least

So sick mate liked a choof, and it was helping with his treatment quite noticeably. But he was weakened and a bitch to get him outside for some complimentary therapy.

Tried edibles, but they didn't work well for him in his case. The lads that liked to tinker made a portable extraction system:wink:

I wasn't in on the build, but as I understand there was a mini computer fan, battery pack/switch and used the hoses off a washing machine for the extraction line. I think the battery was from a radio control car and clipped straight on the fan.

The fan and gear was up close to your mouth, with a slightly larger pic "cup" to get a joint into it... Lol.... Sort of held it in pinched up over the fingers in the cup and exhaled into the cup.

Hose went out the window.... He was bedded up next to the window.

It was a jerry rigged piece of engineering, but it worked... Lol... Necessity is the mother of invention.

No filters, just extraction.

Never got busted... LOL:lol:

• Like 5

dont ya just love human ingenuity and problem solving , nice one WB that gadget sounds ace I was thinking dryer hose too x]

• Like 1

When I lived with people who didn't smoke I used to open a window and point a fan blowing air out of the window, then you just blow your smoke into the back of the fan and it gets pumped outside.

I've considered a ducted system before but I rent so it would be an eyesore not being able to conceal the duct work properly. If I owned the house I just put one big duct in the ceiling with a speed controlled exhaust fan and vent it through a ping pong ball scrubber to catch a bit of crap from the exhausted air.

• Like 3

I used to work in commercial kitchens, many a waitress caught us standing on the stoves with our heads up in the range hood. The boss described it as a job perk.

Some times when I stay in hotels I make a filter out of a cut down coke bottle and a disposable cloths dryer filter. You blow the smoke into the filter, works surprisingly well. Vapes make it far less of an issue.

• Like 3

My mate used to live in his nans attic above her room and we spent many years punching cones up there. He had a similar set up to WB's friend. Flexible ducting with a computer fan.

You had to ensure a clean punch in one hit, and it was a massive cone. We'd always pack each other super dense cones to try to get the other to die coughing half way through! Good times, good times....

• Like 4

These days I have a uv air purifier if I really need it. You can blow a steady stream of smoke at it and the smoke literally disappears in front of your eyes like magic. It does create a strong ozone smell but no smoalk smell at all. I can post a pic or maybe even a vid for the non believers.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ThunderIdeal said:

What happens to it?

I don't claim to understand the physics. It just disappears. I think I'll have to post a video. Stay tuned, I have the flu and can't even imagine trying to smoke anything for a few days, but it is pretty amazing.

• Like 2

doesn't UV light give you cancer?

• Like 3

it assists in vit d production , just been swattling up on that for dart frogs and even the zoos and universities are still trying to experiment with uv (B) exposure and some of the cute lil critters purposefully avoid it, other species who don't can get burned ... most of peoples dart frogs in captivity fuck off into their hides when their owners use uvb so they boost vit d via food  = either way they get better tadpole health even though tadpoles choose also to avoid uv-b

but main theme of my study was: " to uv-b or not to uv-b? " for upcoming dendrobates auratus dart frog setup ..

only trub is... via food way it's possible to overdose ... but via uv-b it's impossible to overdose since the body reroutes it when full .. pretty clever .. wonder if our skin does the same and after vit d max reached ..., perhaps that's when we start to burn and get cancers?

cant speak for uv-a as it wasn't really relevant to the frog research i was up to but hopefully that might give an angle and aspect consideration in case it hadn't been previously considered ... for your kind consideration :)

oh yeah , fkn awesome you guys think alike and come up with funky cool ways to overcome these delicate matters such as feel gudlung factor thank you very kindly for your input , reading those rawked!

my "extractor fan" for many a year was a drinking straw out a slit in the bathroom window........ hi mum n dad, if you're reading this.....:lol::rolleyes:

• Like 1

lol , ... so while one is in the drawing board might as well try and remember up some other ideas

ok um

number .. # 2 - circa maybe 1994-'96 probably to the background of some sepult' or machinehead

A smallish electronic machine or contraption that you don't have to use papers or tobacco or anything with

that drops another 5-deal in when you reach runout level to smoke with ...

with a push button to release the smoke when wanted , that can be connected and incorporated into idea#1

and vapes are looking to be coming close from what I hear lately

however this one has to make you a cuppa or be somehow connected **so as to keep the cuppa to reefa ratio from fkn up

and due to modern technologies the pull of temptation undeniably strong to add a later addition of having multiple programs to suit recipient's particular flavour desire :P

**- to something else designated the role of cuppa that could also have sandwich role added and ya never know what else :)

with a network of rail systems perhaps for transportation to the recipient or maybe tubes like they fire cash round banks with via compressed air if a viable option.

or just ole fashioned railtrack and hobby locomotive type malcolm setup

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ