The Corroboree
87_botanist

The Spiritual Link Between Alcohol Consumption And Demonic Possession

I came here expecting another Vice.com link...

The etymology is interesting, and the message is fair enough, but why wrap it in superstition. It left me feeling that even the arabic was only included to prey on people prejudices.

• Like 1

I've considered this more than once, though I'm a bit divided in regards to whether entity possession is real. These days I am more and more inclined to feel that I did indeed host a number of entities in the past, and probably still do.

Addictive compulsion is a scary weird thing, and there's no doubt that consuming such a base intoxicant leaves one wide open. Picturing a bar full of drunk people definitely leads me to consider the idea of dark spirits passing freely between people, opportunistic negative entities... Yecch

I'm finding this hard to type because I want to qualify it rationally but can't... So here goes. I'm pretty damn certain that I picked up some kind of entity attachment in the Bunyip State Forest at a doof when I was 18/19, blasted on go and booze. I've been drawn back there many, many times in the decade since, and once caught a brief closed-eye visual of a short guy in ye olde woodsman garb, tan pants and a short sleeved shirt. I had the distinct sense that this guy wanted me in the forest and isolated, perhaps so he could return home. To be safe I went back out there with the intention of 'releasing' him and asked him to leave at a point that seemed appropriate. Who knows if it worked. I've lost the desire to be isolated in that forest... Now I want to be in solitude in a forest, but with ties to a community. Much healthier ;)

I have also experienced a hypnagogic state whilst living near the city in which an aboriginal elder/emu spirit transmitted a very stern chastising for the very act of doofing-- the forest was reminiscent of a specific party near Ballarat. I've had a few experiences of that nature, which is what leads me to consider that there's some truth at a higher level to the idea of alcohol leaving one open to malevolant spiritual activity.

• Like 1

Figura-10-Ballmer-peak-500x297.png

Thats basically the reason why i don't drink, usuallly results of work will make very little sense.