The Corroboree

• Like 4

He's been talking about this stuff for years.. He got deep into eckhart tolle about ten years or so ago I remember.. 

• Like 1

Jim Carrey trying to stay relevant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gimli said:

Jim Carrey trying to stay relevant.

the cynic in me says he's having an existential crisis because he killed his girlfriend.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

the cynic in me says he's having an existential crisis because he killed his girlfriend.

He killed his girlfriend?

I was kind of buying it until he started the "deep rest" analogy... :rolleyes:

On 12/11/2017 at 6:28 PM, DiscoStu said:

LOL

I've heard rumours he'll be playing Terence McKenna in a new movie.....but hoping not.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 6:28 PM, DiscoStu said:

I wasn't following any of that, so I could be wrong about the timeline, but I feel like he's been on this path for a long time - you can see the beginnings of it in some of the weird acceptance/public speeches he's been giving for years now. And even if that was the event that tipped him into crisis (as you kind of hope it would do, to anyone), it seems like he's gone through that and out the other side. It kinda seems like his personal philosophy is still developing, and that might make him look flaky as fuck in interviews, but to be fair I think most of us would, if asked to articulate our deepest beliefs. And regardless of what I think of his ideas, I give credit to him that he is at least trying to learn & evolve.

I do get pissed off when people (especially public figures) renounce some old belief, espouse a new one, and then try to convert you. Fuck off teetotalers, we don't all have to stop drinking just because you had an epiphany about your own destructive alcoholism. But I don't get that vibe from Jim Carrey. He's trying to convince people that their reality is an illusion, and that they should look within to find their own meaning & divinity... er, wow, what a jerk?

People with money & fame who use that status to try to convert others to their cults & pronounce themselves saviours of humanity (ala Tom Cruise) - yeah, that shit offends me. But what is Jim Carrey doing with his fame & status? - acknowledging that it's transient & illusory & that instead of attaching meaning to it, we should look for meaning within ourselves.

I always thought that nihilistic evangelism was kinda oxymoronic, but fuck, if he can make it work, more power to the man. Though no doubt he will renounce it along with all his other worldly attachments.

• Like 6

You convinced me.

I wonder if it has affected his bipolar disorder.

wonder how many other's dna went thru his mouth and wherever else to get to where he was?

-sorry that does sound really a horrible thing to say when rereading but i mean like with all the hollywood peado's n stuffs .. it makes you think all of them are connected -maybe sometimes literally - the mind boggles up all sorts - so apologies for sounding crass but if ya know what i mean .. it's a worry.

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

I agree with anodyne. What's with all the Jim Carey hate? The dude seems alright to me. I don't know anything about him killing his girlfriend though.

8 hours ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

it's a worry.

Do you really spend your time boggling & worrying about that stuff TH?  Everyone has always known that Hollywood in large part works like that. It's never been a secret. It's dodgy as fuck & there's a lot of executives that abuse their power in perverted ways. It's never been a secret so why weren't people this outraged for the last 100 years? Is your mind boggling & you're worrying about it because the media has now decided that's what they're going to tell you need to worry about?

• Like 2

Btw my old boss was very high status in the Australian media. He used to have parties that Don Burke went to, I even planted a few tress that were gifts from Don Burke.  My boss used to talk about what a disgusting dodgy piece of shit he was, that he would always be making fucked up inappropriate sexual jokes to the ladies etc 

i definitely don't doubt the allegations made on him are true

no its prett secret here and its shocking over long periods of time because the loved stars that even my gran spoke about are affected .. and the way i find life to be .. there's the gaping gauge of wonder every so often ya come across a krillion ya dont know about in general of most things ... i mean cacti and trichos was a nice version of that ..

this ones echoing everywhere though with whorical nast and i'm thinking .. were these harvested in rituals ?

.. used to be quite a bit of that shit going down here in the public eye but probably never really stopped and might even be a hub for it .. ., I used to bury my head in the sand and deny info .. but eyes wide open seems to be better albeit sometimes horrifically so ..

i kinda had a clue since 1993 as a 13 yr old .. i knew the nephew of a local radio dj that was exposed to be a pedo then hushed up to fk ...

my gran used to listen to him in the kitchen when i was like 5 tryna help her n stuffs..

it's like all those good memories and feels were stained with shit now and it's horrible ..

so yeah i do kinda worry about it because these crushed people are on screens emitting their tainted vibes to my children and their generation via bullshit they watch .. and seeing how bitter and twisted it's made my mom's generation to be cruel to children as if it's ok .. its a bigggg worry

i wasnt aware the media told me to worry , it appeared to hide it hard which is why i always struggle to find any news sites and stick with them long enough before finding theyre either too feminist or like rt .. they said the threat level in the uk was one thing .. that day i was in the cop shop someone tried to steal a friends phone so had to give evidence ... the big sign at the cop shop displaying the threat level was completely different to what RT had said so until that moment i used to follow that a lot but now there's a void of nothing cept things/snippets through the you tube

dnt get me wrong rt has been baddasssss on so much and maybe the cop shop/s was/were lying about threat level?

but i tried to comment about it and rt deleted it straight away .. fishy ..

and again , and again despite trying on different computers in different areas

uk "media" is probably extinct by now anyway isnt it?

1 hour ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

and seeing how bitter and twisted it's made my mom's generation to be cruel to children as if it's ok .. its a bigggg worry

Im not in anyway down playing the seriousness of sexual abuse, I have first hand experience of being a victim at a very young age, I have a bit of perspective on it..  I'm just a bit confused.. You really think all that darkness you're talking about in your mother & her generation or whatever is all because a bunch of Actors sucked a few dicks to get a job?  That's kind of weird logic.  I'm not saying it's not fucked up but you really think that & it kinda keeps you up at night? 

I have to keep giving these disclaimers.. It's all completely fucked up.. But where I come from this dodgyness in Hollywood has never been even a slight secret.. It's really messed up.. But so is 90% of everything humans do.. If I was going to be as worried as you about it id have been dead from stress related disease a long time ago.  This stuff is one of the biggest trending topics in the world right now.. In 'the media', social media, just everywhere.. It's trendy to buy into this mass hysteria right now.. It's good these predators are being called out but why weren't all these outraged people so outraged & hysterical before it was trendy?

Edited by paradox
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, paradox said:

You really think all that darkness you're talking about in your mother & her generation or whatever is all because a bunch of Actors sucked a few dicks to get a job?  That's kind of weird logic.  I'm not saying it's not fucked up but you really think that & it kinda keeps you up at night? 

no mate i think perhaps your over presumptuous ... which is a funny to unfunny un-logic really me olde china , - not one I'm unfamiliar with myself in history however so I kinda understand ...

its just a worry that these famous ones are on screens filling my kids generation ....

and that it's used to normalize it .. and Jim carey was one of my all time faves and it's sad to think he's been through the mill too.

what keeps me up at night is not having a bed time as a small kid and decades of getting a clusterheadache as soon as I nod off if I tried to fall asleep.. so gave up bothering and made sure not to repeat my mothers mistakes on bedtimes when raising my own( or their mother's identical mistakes )

I doubt there is much more going on in hollywood than elsewhere, tbh.

The source who brought you that information is the media. Pretty much anything in the media is bullshit.

• Like 1

Hey paradox awesome to see you're still around man, you still are one of my favourite dudes here from the start! 

Its so sad to see random hatred in this place.. Its fucked up anyways with the world , world politics, the rise of new forms of neofascism, the failures of "humanist ideologies". 

I understand its easy for people to get angry, confused, misled or simply live their own truth according to their own limited set of standards and experience. But its really sad to see that random shit here. 

1. What on earth does child abuse have to do with all of this? it its because "famous people are abusers" and us simple folks are hippy, nice and altruistic angels? 

2. it's sad that someone says "he killed his girlfriend" and then somehow, in this beautiful new world we live in, it becomes somewhat of a truth. It doesnt matter Carey former girlfriend OD'ed, its 'nicer' to believe "he killed her". Boy, humans nowadays love a fucking conspiracy, dont they? 

3. People are so fucking hypocrites. People love to love and love to hate famous people. To be honest, I think its as simple as good old jealousy. 

4. Jim Carey is an amazing comic, actor and artist. I am not saying he is perfect, who is, but he is a very special being and I appreciate both his work and him as a person. I didn't always like him though. Until I saw his good films I thought he was another stupid slapstick comedian. And after I have seen him in interviews etc, I loved him more.

TO THE POINT:  I am not sure if Carey means what he says or he is being a situationist. I prefer to see it as the second option, as it certainly works that way through the media and people's reception of what he says. Either way, I think what he is doing is awesome! 

Edited by sagiXsagi

Hey look it's another everyone takes everything they read on the internet seriously episode. I love this one!

I just dig carey mate, and am slightly disgusted from this thread content 

got anything of essence to add? 

^do you think he would make a good McKenna in a hollywood movie ?

I think it would be a moment in his career....a defining one ?

Edited by freakazoid

1 hour ago, DiscoStu said:

Hey look it's another everyone takes everything they read on the internet seriously episode. I love this one!

Fuck you crack me up, Stu...:lol:

31 minutes ago, freakazoid said:

^do you think he would make a good McKenna in a hollywood movie ?

Yes.

• Like 1

YOU STINK CAREY!