The Corroboree
Dicko

Phalaris grass seed

So being in a state where active acacias are scarce and other suitable plants are rare as unicorn s**t 

Ive decided to try phalaris species whilst I wait for my furure acacias.

Maybe Phalaris brachystachys? Or another type that is recommended from anyone in the know?

Also wondering if what ive read about gramine being insoluable in naphtha is true etc.

Any help is appreciated as always

No one uses phalaris?

It can be hit and miss, I had a bunch of Aq1 and Yugo red but I gave them to a member at a meet a few years ago. I thought I saw someone posting about rhizomes a week or so ago, do a search on "rhizome" and try your luck.

Yeah looks like he is across the pond :(

Ha Dicko. I'm no expert on this stuff, so I hope someone that know's their shit answers you.  From what I think I know, brachystachys can be great or toxic, best to grow from rhizome. Safer and pretty good is aqutica, which is easy to get in Australia from farm supply stores or some times Shaman Australis, or herbalistics have it  http://herbalistics.com.au/product/phalaris-aquatica-cv-australian-seed/.

Sorry can't be more helpful.

Edited by Crop
Clarification.
  • Like 1

Much appreciated man 

Was hoping someone here had a confirmed strain they could send on thus eliminating the variables. From what i have read the toxic alkaloid is poorly nearly insoluble in one of the commonly used solvents..

But its looking more like  ill have to buy some seed and hope for the best.... if I do go with this option

• Like 1