The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-RC-

Alpaca poo?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with alpaca poo and mushrooms. As I understand it they have a few stomachs so the whole rumination deal is not too far off cows I'm guessing? To my logic that means alpaca paddocks should be a friendly place for mycelial fruiting?

• Like 3

If you have spare spores it can't hurt to distribute in their water troughs. It wouldn't take long for the whole area to become active... if alpaca poo is suitable.

• Like 5

OOoooh, I never thought of this. My mate has a few alpacas at his place out in the country....

• Like 2

Roo poo works too, watch out for Q-Virus though.

• Like 2

On 11/9/2017 at 8:25 PM, Northerner said:

If you have spare spores it can't hurt to distribute in their water troughs. It wouldn't take long for the whole area to become active... if alpaca poo is suitable.

I have heard of that working with horses and cattle, so it could be a goer.

Another more direct way would be to make a spore mass slurry from whole shrooms and then spread the magic on a few piles of alpaca shit and see what comes up over the next few weeks. Now would be a perfect time to do that anywhere north of the Karuah mountains that gets adequate rainfall, In this weather possibly even a lot further south.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 3