Jump to content
The Corroboree
87_botanist

HAMILTON’S PHARMACOPEIA (Season 2 Trailer)

Recommended Posts

I have to confess that I did thoroughly enjoy the first season, despite the toothpick looking host and his emo voice.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder if he is coming to EGA ... missing out if he isnt

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the one where he's in Swaziland visiting farms. Aside from not finding it too interesting, it seemed a bit off to be putting people who are already in a vulnerable position on telly doing illegal stuff and saying things that could land them in hot water with the government. Especially when his justification was that he wanted to show people in New York how people in Swaziland grew big outdoor crops. Doesn't seem worth the risk for the people he filmed, imo, and it all seemed very self-centered to me. I was looking forward to the tests he said he was going to do on the different strains, but that amounted to nothing because he arranged to get the test kits too late. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that definitely was not the best episode, and let's not forget it's vice doing these documentaries so of course it's gonna be "edgy" and hipsterish, don't set your expectations too high lol.

 

I thought the episode on Salvia was pretty good, that's the best (only?) attempt at documenting traditional shamanic use on video afaik.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Look at those videos (when they were made), its when his voice was very monotone and he had longggggg hair. He was like a pubescent teenager when he was doing those older crappier vids they're very old when hamiltons was pilots, and vice was not even on TV. Look up his "truffles In Amsterdam" episode too, he was young and the episode was terrible lol...

Once he cut his hair, got proper funding and hooked up with his uni boyfriend Jason Wallach that they actually got interesting. I have hopes for season 2, season 1 was of higher calibre than his pilots.

There's a more recent episode to look up where they're getting high on HIV medication in South Africa that was interesting, I don't think it made the cut for the first season maybe.
The Africans make some concoction out of HIV medication, heroin, herpes meds and other crap and smoke it to get off. Hamiltons eats a few efavirenz (HIV meds), gets an effect then takes them back to the lab with wallach to smoke and test if the efavirenz change into something different when combusted under lab conditions... Pretty interesting. Africans are doing some heinous shit nowdays. Nayope smoking and fkn Mandrax smoking - hardkore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way you look at it I think its still a good show to watch, you don't see any other production companies doing anything like this (if you know of any others let me know :lol:)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1st episode is out, it's the one on Bufo alvarius. 

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gyj9y4/hunting-for-the-most-potent-psychedelic-toad-venom-on-earth

 

Pretty good episode, I learned a couple things. They interview the guy who was apparently the 1st to ever try smoalking Bufo venom.

 

The video is blocked outside the US, but you can easily use a free VPN to get around that. I used an app called Hola VPN, I think there's a chrome extension too.

 

For those who haven't seen the 1st season, here's the magnet link

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, Skellum said:

 Africans are doing some heinous shit nowdays. Nayope smoking and fkn Mandrax smoking - hardkore...

 

 

:puke:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oi skel you are very right about hamo and his long hair days...he used to be a little bastard with no respect for local customs or people. 

 

he would rock up in the rainforest and be all "ewwww this place is dirty" to the locals. what a prick. 
I'm glad he at least now pretends to have humility and respect.

The sage episode is seminal. so awesome. really shows how to use the plant properly. the american't way of smoking powerful extracts is disrespectful and dangerous. the traditional methods shown on the show produce life affirming and grand experiences. i'm glad, ultimately, that hamo is getting the message/s out.

 

addendum: is he actually gay or are you joking about him and his boyfriend? just curious :P that's not a way iiii swing darling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 10:28 AM, Skellum said:

Africans are doing some heinous shit nowdays. Nayope smoking and fkn Mandrax smoking - hardkore...

Yeah brother, I lived in Africa for many years... smoked more than one bottleneck of mandrax.

 

Fk me that's some potent shit.

 

:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Francois le Danque said:

addendum: is he actually gay or are you joking about him and his boyfriend? just curious :P that's not a way iiii swing darling

I'm not sure if hes gay Frank, I just call my homies my 'boyfriends' and my old man cringes... Fkn gold, lololol  :P
 

 

4 hours ago, Northerner said:

Yeah brother, I lived in Africa for many years... smoked more than one bottleneck of mandrax.

 

Fk me that's some potent shit.

Your living in a better place now bro  :wink:

They be smoking rags in those bottle necks, harshhhhh.
I'd be down for snow cones, but that bottle neck method is shocking - is that how they smoke pot over there too?

Don't they make orchy bottle bongs anywhere else other than here in Aus?  Surely that'd be better than sucking on a smashed bottle stuffed with rags

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 2:50 PM, obtuse said:

wonder if he is coming to EGA ... missing out if he isnt

 

Love his shows, but I'd rather he stay the fuck away from Australia. We aren't as laid back as we pretend, and the government will suddenly start cracking down on things even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i was quite disappointed with the dmt episode.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2017 at 4:00 PM, Skellum said:

Your living in a better place now bro  :wink:


They be smoking rags in those bottle necks, harshhhhh.
I'd be down for snow cones, but that bottle neck method is shocking - is that how they smoke pot over there too?

Don't they make orchy bottle bongs anywhere else other than here in Aus?  Surely that'd be better than sucking on a smashed bottle stuffed with rags

Yeah, it's the land of milk and honey here.

 

Chillums are pretty popular over there, I had 2, more so than bongs, but many don't bother. The first time I bought weed off a black fella there I was shocked at how cheap it was. The real shock came when the bloke decided to roll a joint there in the park.... grabbed a whole handful of weed and just mulched it in his palm, that was unceremoniously dumped in a big strip of newspaper (seeds and stalks and fk'n everything) and rolled into this huge scoob which was gooed closed with copious amounts of saliva. Black blokes started appearing out of the trees and there was like 6 of us smoking this newspaper baseball bat in this park in the middle of the day. Nasty. 

 

I never saw a oj bottle bong anywhere but here, but I spread the good word far and wide. :wink:

 

12 hours ago, Slocombe said:

Love his shows, but I'd rather he stay the fuck away from Australia. We aren't as laid back as we pretend, and the government will suddenly start cracking down on things even more.

A1 on that brother. There will suddenly be a new epidemic that has to be addressed. Even on the radio here locally the government is calling on people to dob in dangerous pot smokers. Fucking archaic.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Northerner said:

The real shock came when the bloke decided to roll a joint there in the park.... grabbed a whole handful of weed and just mulched it in his palm, that was unceremoniously dumped in a big strip of newspaper (seeds and stalks and fk'n everything) and rolled into this huge scoob which was gooed closed with copious amounts of saliva. Black blokes started appearing out of the trees and there was like 6 of us smoking this newspaper baseball bat in this park in the middle of the day. Nasty.


Gold mate, fk that's a giggle, hahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to find a site to watch the rest of the series in Australia only can watch the first episode. Any help on that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 87_botanist said:

I can't seem to find a site to watch the rest of the series in Australia only can watch the first episode. Any help on that one

 

So you need episodes 2-5?

 

Hit me with a message and come round tomorrow with a USB.

 

720p or 1080p?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×