The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
od101010

Vaping Legal Herbs

Just thought i see if any others had a comment i tried Camomile twice now and got a light buzz out of it sleept pretty good last night so pretty sure it wasn't a placebo effect but have been pretty tired lately.

I just ordered some Damiana and Passionflower (i brought plants 1st but there not thriving yet so i though id just grab some dry to try)

Any one tried something worth trying?

Did Damiana or Passionflower do anything for you?

Cheers

My wife bought me some teas for Fathers Day recently:something called Simply Bliss and another called Sleep Seeker.  I made up some pretty strongish brews a few times and the sleep seeker did in fact give me pretty good sleep at night. (could just all be in me 'ed) and blow me down, i even felt light euphoria from the Simply Bliss - and then trouble sleeping when I had it again too late in the day.

Anyway, I decided to give the Simply Bliss a go in the vape.  seemed promising but, and this is the sad part, the chamomile flavour is kind of like... overpowering and disagreeable (but tolerable) - and it hangs in your vape for days...

full ingredients of the simply bliss are: lemon balm, linden flowers, calendula, peppermint, chamomile, spearmint, lemon grass, liquorice, hawthorn berries, hibiscus, rosella, roship and stevia.    i'm still undecided whether it was worth it.  surely with that sort of list you'd expect a winner but it was pretty underwhelming.

The Sleep Seeker ingredients are passionflower, lemon balm, hops, chamomile (ergh), lavender, scullcap, valerian, Zizyphus, gotu kola and damiana.  maybe in the interests of science i'll give it a whirl tomorrow...

The sleep mix sounds alright hoping mine's here by Friday, personally i didn't mine the chamomile.

Passionflower has never done much for me on it's own, but it is good for admixtures like blue lotus. I do have a liking for lions tail and mugwort though. Both give a nice light, but short lived, heady high.

Experiment complete.  Had a bit of  a sore throat (the vapour is quite harsh) but not much else to comment on - a little relaxation perhaps, no loss of concentration (i got some good work done yesterday) and slept like a house brick last night.

Thankfully, I couldn't taste the chamomile much but the lavender and damiana are pretty obvious (and OK).

Might repeat and might even mix next time... perhaps there is some synergy there

It would help to know the boiling point of some of the volatile components in your mix so that you set your vape temp accordingly. 

• Like 2

Is nutmeg/nutmeg oil safe to vape ?

I don't know if I'd be up for it myself but there could be something to it.

Edited by Sallubrious

Holy crap the post lady just dropped my package of passinflower and damiana off as well as some brugs cuttings (thanks Glaukus) and i thought i would try a tea 1st.

Well blow me down i potted up the brugs whilst the tea was brewing 1 teaspoon of each as im googling pretty brugs pics it suddenly hit me i 100% feel my eyes getting heavy it hit me as ifinished the cup i'll see how i feel later but im sold on the tea!

• Like 2

ok so after the initial onset it tapered off had a rest, i try vaping it tonight and see what i get out of it.

• Like 1

Edit i also had a mild headache late arvo don't know if it was from the tea but will try the tea again another time.

Ok i tried vaping damiana alone and it was a pleasant taste i love the smell of fresh leaves to, i think the damiana liqueur would be nice but as for effects meh didn't really notice any thing i did last longer in bed last nice :lol: but idk if that was from the damiana.

Edited by od101010
  • Like 1

Tried some semi dried lavender flower today and have to say it's my fav so far mood/relaxed.

Nothing is coming close to the real stuff!

Tried basil mint & rosemary over the weekend.

They all had a nice flavor nothing else to report.

By far my fav is lavender i have always liked it just never thought of vaping it idk i feel the lavender does make me want to rest.

Idk on the nutmeg might google it later im sure someone has done it.

• Like 1

you know, with australian analogue laws, if something 'works' it all of a sudden isn't legal... :wacko:

On 11/4/2017 at 6:18 AM, od101010 said:

Edit i also had a mild headache late arvo don't know if it was from the tea but will try the tea again another time.

Ok i tried vaping damiana alone and it was a pleasant taste i love the smell of fresh leaves to, i think the damiana liqueur would be nice but as for effects meh didn't really notice any thing i did last longer in bed last nice :lol: but idk if that was from the damiana.

Damiana is apparently quite the aphrodisiac...

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 1