The Corroboree

Im sitting outside injecting coffee as you do, bare feet on the moist earth to scavenge electrons as you do, looking around at junk

You can use black walls, rocks etc to conserve maximum heat, and white ones to maximise photosynthesis, but plants don't use the entire colour spectrum do they?

Somebody must have figured out a colour or even a type of paint or material that reflects maximum useful light for plants while absorbing the rest as heat.

• Like 1

Research on red plastic mulch under strawberries is interesting....

Edit- mission Brown has been found to be better than black for storing thermal mass with water in greenhouses....

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 2

I felt like the purple at my olde apartment was beneficial .. and it would've been reflecting from a source of 6000k white

... I think the specific colour in paint was "wizard purple"..

but was gna say red and blue is the plant's fave light as far as I know... as WB alredy said with the red which will aid all things flowery (inc fruit obviously) but I reckon blue for all things stem and leafy and thus purple would be it or a rather pinky purple to be specific.

black stuff like jacket or walls etc in sunshine is one the very nicest things about being alive.

.... however I reckon white may be a best reflective surface if indoor growing with these "pinky purple" lights..

I dnno this just going by collective inputted data "feel"

I really dig the idea of a black floor outdoors and have been contemplating spray painting my patio slabs black so they get hotter under trichos n stuff.

perhaps black masonry paint /factory floor paint would be awesome in a conservatory or greenhouse.. as well as patio colour.. might burn feet a bit sometimes tho if bare..

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ