The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Matt1208

CSD cutting

Maybe Bigred shaman dick then fake my own death .

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, El Presidente Hillbillios said:

chemical shaman was a loved member here and a lot of the older members would like a plant to remember him by.

I doubt it was an 'older member' here at SAB that made that purchase dude lol... C'mon man 20ish cm for nearly half a grand...

If it was a SAB memorial piece for SABers it would of been offered here at SAB first too wouldn't you reckon?

Me thinks this was some horny bidders jumping at something with an attractive name, they probably don't even know who CS was.

Too many vice docos lately (hamiltons) spreading word to the masses. Prices in general seem to be rising, anything with shaman in the description = instant 150% markup minimum lol

1 minute ago, Skellum said:

I doubt it was an 'older member' here at SAB that made that purchase dude lol... C'mon man 20ish cm for nearly half a grand...

If it was a SAB memorial piece for SABers it would of been offered here at SAB first too wouldn't you reckon?

The problem is its so slow we all have to fight over whats available, ill bid to $600 on the next one if i dont win it 

Im not sure any other cactus people pay that much for a cactus to be honest even the ones with massive cactus rabies that wanna collect them all 

• Like 2

I always found fellow shamans help each other out .I have been given a lot of valuable stuff and also given out stuff .

Shamans don't care for money we care about each other .Thats why we have give aways and comps 

• Like 3

A  36cm variegated pach went for $980 the other week.   a grafted CSD just looks like a standard TB but on it's own roots it's a monstrose.. Who really cares how much a trichocereus goes for?. I have spent 5 times a Ebay CSD in a night out, many times..  

• Like 1

that must be one hell of a night out 

• Like 3

if the shaman is a women would it be shawoman ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bigred said:

that must be one hell of a night out 

King for a day, Fool for a life time..  

• Like 2

On 10/20/2017 at 2:39 PM, Skellum said:

I smell a shill

It smells like a shit, but a little different...

Its not just me, everyone who doesnt agree with you is a shill ;)

On 10/20/2017 at 5:14 PM, El Presidente Hillbillios said:

I think maybe because chemical shaman was a loved member here and a lot of the older members would like a plant to remember him by.

Ive bought memorial plants that really i wouldnt have cared how much they cost. 

it looks amazing, but its for this reason i would love to have a piece in my collection.

I have a short piece,  just under a foot long. Given to me for free by a member here a couple years ago.

The embarrassing thing is that I forgot who gave it to me as it was a freebie with another big tricho purchase. 

Slowest tricho I have ever seen. I don't even think much of it, but I may have to do some grafting if people are gonna pay such a ridiculously high price for it. 

I think the high prices that are being reached lately are all just speculative bids from people who aren't really aware of the thousands of awesome clones and hybrids that are coming online. IMO the only good thing about CSD is the name / (false) reputation.  It's not even as awesome as most of the new hybrids coming out anyway so who really gives a fluck about it? Only the misinformed IMO.

If you think that you'll make fast money out of these then think again. The bubble will pop and you'll just be left out of pocket.

It always happens, just ask the Dutch. Besides, why not buy $500 worth of something like Eileen. THEN you'll have a shitload of a bloody good plant to sell.

-that's my opinion anyway.

Edited by Halcyon Daze

27 minutes ago, Halcyon Daze said:

I have a short piece,  just under a foot long. Given to me for free by a member here a couple years ago.

The embarrassing thing is that I forgot who gave it to me as it was a freebie with another big tricho purchase. 

Slowest tricho I have ever seen. I don't even think much of it, but I may have to do some grafting if people are gonna pay such a high price for it. 

I think the high prices that are being reached lately are all just speculative bids from people who aren't really aware of the thousands of awesome clones and hybrids that are coming online. IMO the only good thing about CSD is the name / (false) reputation.  It's not even as awesome as most of the new hybrids coming out anyway so who really gives a fluck about it? Only the misinformed IMO.

If you think that you'll make money with these then think again. The bubble will pop and you'll just be left out of pocket.

It always happens, just ask the Dutch. 

A one foot long section... seems like one might consider doing some areole grafts right now. However, I imagine everyone with a CSD is doing areole grafts right now with the prices like they are. The market will soon be flooded and there is your pop. Ride that train while you can, but get off before it wrecks. Value is in the eye of the beholder. It always has been. I've seen some hybrids go for a few thousand and only be offered to select individuals and those same hybrids a few years later after going public were still making a few hundred dollars for their owners per plant. Sometimes it takes a while for those prices to go down. It all depends on how fast the next better thing can be propagated to take its place and that depends on who has them in their hands and how good their propagation skills are. If they don't know how to propagate very well it could be a while before you see an appreciable price drop. 

I also agree with you @Halcyon Daze that the next best thing has already sprouted up. The question however is how long before the next best thing is propagated enough to make it into enough peoples hands to start driving down the price of this one?