The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Sallubrious

Fair work laws

11 hours ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

Yes it ain't lega

Look I'm no lawyer but I have had a bit to do with this recently. I wouldn't be suprised if there is some variation in Anti-Surveillance Laws between states, but make no mistake big brother is everywhere. You can definitly record, both audio and visual, anything that goes on in your own home and most of what goes on in your own business, including speaker phone conversations. Where it gets tricky is what you can do with that material. You can not show it to a third party with out consent, but in most cases you can use it as evidence of a crime. A supervisor abusing a staff member is a crime.

• Like 1

I am no lawyer also :wink:I've been having an interesting series of convos on a couple actions.

I'll argue law only when defending my arse:). But Interpretation is the war of law.

Of course if it's blatant it's got weight if accepted as evidence by those running the tribunal

/court...

We ain't big brother, or administer the laws.. I'd get away with more if I was.. Lol.

Edited by waterboy 2.0
Damn L
  • Like 1

Not sure about the rest, but I'm pretty sure SMS messages are admissible at least.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2017 at 2:39 PM, Sallubrious said:

Yeah we're resigned to the fact that the job is on it's last legs, everything seems to indicate that she won't be there too much longer.

She was working for an Aussie who was a bit of prick but it was tolerable when he held the lease. Now a Chinese couple have taken over the lease & things have been slowly but surely heading south. The new boss is bringing in Chinese workers who can't speak English & and paying them $8 an hour and giving most of the overtime shifts to them and junior staff who are being paid $10 an hour. It probably won't be long before all the staff are Chinese. It seems like he's just using the few Aussies that are left to train their Chinese replacements.

The greedy bastard wanted the bar staff to water down the spirits 50:50 he jacked the cost of all the other drinks up that much that they almost stopped selling. Every chance he gets he finds some way to screw the staff out of working conditions, rights or pay.

I've never thought I'd live to see the day when Aussies became subservient to to Chinese overlords but it's happening all over the country. When I grew up Chinese people were peasants relying on pushbikes for transport. Now they live here and drive hot cars, own a large Australian property portfolio and we do their dirty work.

Durk er derr!!

Yeah we're resigned to the fact that the job is on it's last legs, everything seems to indicate that she won't be there too much longer.

She was working for an Aussie who was a bit of prick but it was tolerable when he held the lease. Now a Chinese couple have taken over the lease & things have been slowly but surely heading south. The new boss is bringing in Chinese workers who can't speak English & and paying them $8 an hour and giving most of the overtime shifts to them and junior staff who are being paid $10 an hour. It probably won't be long before all the staff are Chinese. It seems like he's just using the few Aussies that are left to train their Chinese replacements.

The greedy bastard wanted the bar staff to water down the spirits 50:50 he jacked the cost of all the other drinks up that much that they almost stopped selling. Every chance he gets he finds some way to screw the staff out of working conditions, rights or pay.

I've never thought I'd live to see the day when Aussies became subservient to to Chinese overlords but it's happening all over the country. When I grew up Chinese people were peasants relying on pushbikes for transport. Now they live here and drive hot cars, own a large Australian property portfolio and we do their dirty work.

Durk er derr!!

Durk er derr!!

Durk er derr!!

18 hours ago, DualWieldRake said:

Durk er derr!!

Is that a south park quote, lol?

• Like 1