The Corroboree
DualWieldRake

Can you control your hoe?

I like to hand pull a lot in the garden :P ...

..but I control my common or garden hoes with an iron lock by leaving them out of the recipe ...

..and instead stick to a regimen of tilting the electric hoe/weed whacker/strimmer to such an extreme angle whereby it whips the soil bare = and to find the right angle ,... just strim the lawn and find the point where the strimmer/weed whacker/electric hoe fires the grass the furthest away ... if the grass is being blasted 2 metres or more,... then this seems the perfect angle to get the hoedown  - watch ya eyes, probably should wear some safety goggz for the "bits splashback" but its not been too much pain or ballache to rub one or two out of my eye for not wearing any protection ... :)  at the frequency of lawn trimming..  so far so good, was only £17 for the strimmer, £15 for the extension cable and about £2 for some extra heavy guage nylon... saved hours of backage.

• Like 1

^^ probably not a good idea right now since it's just turned "frog season" , or whenever the frogs are in passing through mode if you get that cool phenomena in your gardens , here it seems to be an influx in spring a sparse wave in midsummer and late august september they seem to be an influx of juveniles so I just make sure I don't fuck with the garden if they're enjoying it...

...so good job I managed to get to the garden before they did ... or it mightve been some bloody mess from a good mate i was scraping out of my eye..

^ seriously - put on some eyewear when using that whipper snipper Thunder.  Lawn mowers too.  I've had so many instances where they have saved me from serious damage.  And eyes are fragile and very hard to fix.

whipper snipper cord:

• Like 5

aye ;)

youre defo right tho n thanks man

eye guess eye got a little cocky ...and lucky

but luck is for sure finite and it's not as if I don't have any goggs so had something happened by now it would've totes been own fault

a hoe has gotta be sharp.....sharp hoe equals less work

Edit - lol....I've loved a few hoes before, and I like to hoe:wink:

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

aye ;)

youre defo right tho n thanks man

eye guess eye got a little cocky ...and lucky

but luck is for sure finite and it's not as if I don't have any goggs so had something happened by now it would've totes been own fault

"Chicks dig scars but not that gaping hole where your eye used to be". Me

Edited by Glaukus
Spelling error
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

a hoe has gotta be sharp.....sharp hoe equals less work

Edit - lol....I've loved a few hoes before, and I like to hoe:wink:

• Like 1

Dutch hoes all the way. Made to be pushed rather than dragged.

It's a sad sight to see someone draggin' their hoe through the dirt, when they could be pushing a nice Dutch hoe around instead.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1