The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Change

forget about it

Trade offers gone

I was robbed last night and lost a significant proportion of my collection 

The worse part is there is only a small handful of people who have my address and how can i trust anyone now. 

FUCK 

Edited by Change
  • Like 7

That's fucking horrible mate

Edited by toast

If anyone sees any of my cactus for sale, please contact me 

• Like 4

That's chit house did they take other stuff as well or where the plants the target?

On 30 August 2017 at 5:19 PM, Change said:

Trade offers gone

I was robbed last night and lost a significant proportion of my collection 

The worse part is there is only a small handful of people who have my address and how can i trust anyone now. 

FUCK 

FUCK indeed ! . I had 2 plants takon from my yard a few years ago and it really pissed me off, and it made me feel insecure..... Your feelings must be 10 fold . 

There are low lifes in this world. Like, I'm just shaking my head. 

Maybe be we can try and build your collection up again. Would you like me to send you a small Loph' ? But you may not want to give out your address anymore to receive anything. PM me if you would like me to send you something. 

I hope the thieves  get outed. 

Best wishes mate. 

• Like 3

That sucks, sorry to hear :(

I had one plant stolen and that sucked enough! 

You probably don't want to start again in the same spot? 

Happy to donate when and where you do though

• Like 2

Yeah, that's crap. I'm sure lots of people will keep an eye out for your plants, and can help with starting a new collection. 

• Like 1

Are you saying you had plants stolen that were not visible to the general public?

Totally sucks!

This is fucked! 

But we will help ya with more plants and will keep an eye out for anyone trying to sell them 

• Like 2

If you have any pics of the plants that were stolen, maybe sharing them here might help us keep an eye out. 

If the thief is reading this and feels remorse, you can pm me or any of the moderators to arrange the return of these plants no questions asked. if not these are all quite distinctive plants and our circles are quite small. What you have done wont be forgotten. 

• Like 5

Absolutely fuked man bloody thieving pricks should be dealt street justice not a simple slap on the damn wrist. Mate I'm paranoid off thieves too and as a result have to bring my collection inside every night. Anyways I can help with seeds man

• Like 1

I'll keen my eye out too , & will have replacements when you're keen to start up again. 

• Like 2

That would be fuked if it's a saber man I know my area had a spate off succulent thefts from a junkie in visy clothing but the wanker got caught and probably let off .. How would those bastards like to have the possessions stolen its shits me they receive handouts to get by and on top there stealing from people fuk when does it stop 

• Like 1

Keep a eye out on gumtree and eBay also Facebook cacti or succulent groups in your area man they will pop up some were 

Bro that is the worst, you're such a generous soul, and deserve better.

If you can post pics of what was stolen it might get a result. A cactus thief in Vic was caught when the groups on fb spread the word.

I hate to say it but this makes me even less likely to invite anyone to my place and I've met some of the best people that way.

• Like 4

Fucken lowlife cunts.

So if they took a significant proportion of your collection they must have had a ute, van or trailer ect. Did they take any of the grafts I gave you ?

I've got a few random Trich cuts and few other things here you can have mate.

• Like 2

I read about this on a Facebook group I'm in but was supprised just now reading this and realising it was you.

you have been mighty generous to me in the past, I'd love to pass some love back. 

these cunts deserve to be tarred, feathered and hung up in the public square!

id be investing in CCTV if I were you. 

Im gutted, some of those plants are irreplaceable

Like the Hamiltons crest hillbilly gifted me 5ish years back, it was the biggest one id ever seen, and would have taken two people to lift away in its large pot. And 2 huge button grafts, one was a triple header bigger than tennis balls, and other was a single central headed (tennis ball sized) with 6ish golfball sized pups wrapping around it, both were covered in flower buds, they were gifts from Sally two seasons ago. Then 12 pots of tbms, which would have been atleast 80 pups. They also destroyed the melted wax that I was trying to trade in this thread, pulling arms off it, leaving behind chunks of core hanging out at the base. It probably would have flowered this year, it had an arm taller than my shoulder and its been in the same pot for 5 years now. The list goes on but whats the point thinking about it.Who the fuck wrecks plants like that, bring a knife for fuck sake, or open your eyes, there was a knife on the table 2m away from the fucking plants.

Thanks for the offers of help rebuilding, but Tobys right, i cant rebuild here because it will just happen again. 3rd day of Spring and all my remaining favorites now fill up a car space in a locked shed. Until I can sort out a better plan they’ll have to sit in the dark.  If the thieves wanna take the rest they can try their luck. All the surrounding neighbors including a police officer are keeping watch for me. But all that being said this ends cactus collecting for me. The less your attached to the easier it is to be at peace with whats happening in the current moment, which is all that really matters. Sorry to bring my misfortunes to everyone’s attention.

• Like 1

don't be sorry mate - we all feel your pain and our heart goes out to you. 

I'm catching up with Yeti on Wednesday b4 he heads south and I was going to hit you up for that peres if you still had some.  thoroughly understand if you're over it though.  like others, I'd also be very happy to donate something but my meagre offerings wouldn't come close to filling the void.

did they roll up whilst you were away or in the dead of the night?

Man if you wanna leave shit at my place for a while or whatever, its all cool with me. 

Dont give up though, dont let someone effect ya like that. we all see how much you love growing things

• Like 4

Now probably isn't the time, but anyway!  Since you mentioned it, not being attached to things doesn't mean you can't have things you like or love around, it just means accepting things come and go.

• Like 7

It will be most sad if the lesson people take away from this is to not have people over to their houses! 

• Like 6

2 people to lift a large crest in a pot. How do these lowlifes find each other ? 

They are certainly not ashamed of being a thief, planning and executing a devastating blow on one of the nicest and generous blokes you could meet.

Being robbed stays with you forever, and puts a big dint in your trust. Lets hope Karma stays with them forever.

Better still, as a community we get to the bottom of this, they are very unique and recognizable plants, and if there are 2 or more thieves, thats more chance of loose lips. Got to turn up one day.

• Like 3

Could it be a couple of local meth-heads just looking for something to sell? Seems odd that a cacti lover would callously damage plants like that.

Must be the one of the town's biggest fuckwits if he's just gonna add them to his own shitty collection.

People like that usually get caught pretty quick. Maybe just plaster it all over facebook and wait 'till they fukc up.

What about a bunch of "$500 REWARD" flyers all around the neighbourhood. Hell, I'll chuck in 50 bucks if you find the guy.

I'm sure you'd raise $500 easily out of us lot. I'd hope yez all would do it for me in the same situation.

Also check out some outdoor cameras, like 'little acorns' there's a chance the dick may come snooping around again.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 4