The Corroboree
Torsten

How to get a discounted EGA ticket. Quick - won't last.

SAB has always supported EGA in some way. This year we will do so again, but a little different to usual as we will be supporting both EGA AND our members.
If you do not have an EGA ticket yet and are struggling to scrape up the funds, then here is your chance. SAB will pay 10% of your ticket cost if you are in the first FIVE to put your name down in this thread.

How does this help EGA?
EGA is a non profit event and in fact usually runs at a loss. That means all the money is spent providing the ticket holders with an awesome experience. To plan for this properly EGA has a lot of costs well before the event. So by getting some extra funds now EGA can book more speakers and provide better services. We all win.

Check out the EGA thread for why you don't want to miss this event. The speaker program is now available and it is awesome.

Conditions:
1) Maximum 1 per member.
2) You must be ready to purchase your ticket in the next 2 weeks, ie you must have 90% of the cost of the relevant ticket ready by then.
3) The discount is not available to tickets already purchased.
4) If there are already five names, but less than 10, then you can put your name down anyway. Just in case someone falls through - I will then pick next in line.
5) Discount only applies to entry ticket, not to accommodation etc.

• Like 9

That's fantastic T!  I'd love to go but it's not looking do-able date wise.  I guess I just don't want to put my name down when I'm so up in the air as to whether I will be able to get there when I'm sure there are other SAB peeps who can DEFINITELY make it, just need some help with their tickets.  Really great of SAB to help members to get to EGA.  :wub:

Something for me to ponder tonight for sure!  

• Like 1

Oh me please. I've been to every EGA since the one in the Grampians. I applied to volunteer but didn't hear back :( I'm low income and will be very strapped for cash after returning from the Eclipse and Burning Man. There's NO WAY I'm not going to EGA but any help with the ticket would be massively appreciated.  Thanks Torsten!

Meg/Delldint.  (ps, how can I change my name on this forum?)

not putting my name down for a ticket,

just want to say thanks to T for helping people get to EGA.  Its going to be an amazing conference.  And im looking forward to seeing plenty of SAB members there.

• Like 1

I'm keen depending on where the current ticket price is at. :)

I'd really like to come along this year if it's at all possible. 

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

Thank you so much to the SAB community and Torsten - If it was not for SAB and this community EGA simply would not exist. We are so happy to see this thread ;-)

We have seen emails and FB posts that discuss people feelings about how expensive our event is perceived. But EGA is not expensive for what it offers, however, the tickets are beyond the reach of some people and we understand that. This is partly why we pitched the idea well over a year ago, well in advance to let people save up and prepare. I hope this above offer of support can assist some of you to make it to this special conference in December.  

For the critics, We ask that you keep in mind that EGA is a 100% legal event, something that very hard to achieve if you see how the festival scene is developing of late. It is not easy to walk into a small local council (and community) and say, 'Hey, we're here to run a  Psychedelic Symposium'; with that comes a lot of scrutiny and strict requirements to do thing by the book and be on to it. Inflation is also a large fracture, as well as the site change and upping of the quality of the event in general. The site cap of 500 ticket holders are all factors that have had an influence on the event cost also, it a very nesh event and one we do not wish to grow much but we have had to reduce the tickets from the last event to work in with the new venue and Council and that had been very challenging. The last 3 outdoor EGA's have lost around 10% of their total budget and that is with a volunteer team working on the project. It is not easy to do what we are trying to do, and for well over 12 years, so we hope you can support us and work together to keep our minds sharp, the plants growing and do our little bit to push this debate and knowledge forward. 

Responding to your comment trans_diff- 'I applied to volunteer but didn't hear back' - The contributors apps have not been approved yet as this is one of the last things to be done, generally in the month leading up to the conference as the requirements for personnel are not generally known until that point sorry.

For those that wish to support what we are doing but may not be heading to the conference yourselves, we ask you to support the EGA raffle - http://www.entheogenesis.org/raffle

Thanks again SAB community and I hope we get 5 very happy campers out of this thread.

Ronny

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 2

If you can PM me if you have taken this offer up that would be appreciated.

R

Shit, I CAN'T miss this.  T could I put my name down please?  I think I may just be able to do this.
Fantastic lineup of international and local speakers and of course the chance to catch up with SAB peeps.
Thank you again for this.  :wub:

• Like 1

EEEK!  Flight prices for Townsville to Melbourne - didn't realise the beginning of school holidays... aye carumba!  :o
Couldn't find any direct flights to get into Melbourne early Friday morning to catch the EGA bus out to the conference from the airport, so I'm flying into Melbourne on Thursday at 11:25PM and staying at the airport hotel overnight.  I thought it would be too cheeky asking any Melbourne peeps if I could crash on their floor seeing as I'm getting in so late the night before the conference.
So:  flights and accommodation booked for the Thursday night - now I just need to pay for my actual EGA ticket and bus transfers.  
@RonnySimulacrum please make sure there is a ticket with my name on it sweetie!  I just spent over $500 on flights down, I'd DIE if I missed out on a ticket after spending that on flights.

SO SUPER EXICTED!!!  Looking forward to seeing heaps of SAB peeps there!!!  :lol:

• Like 1

Ok, so we've got 4 so far. Awesome!
Gem
trans-diff
A.subliminata
Andy amine

Please make sure you PM RonnySimulacrum asap and he will arrange for the discount.

Who is going to grab that last one????

I just found out that I may have a chance to buy a discount ticket from a friend that can't go.

I'll arrange all of that today and get back to you Torsten. I'd hate for someone to miss out because of me!!! 

Looking forward to some great lectures and hanging out with some great friends, old and new.

Its always interesting matching names to faces for the first time, they are rarely what you expect.

• Like 2

Only one ticket left, that magic everyone.

Yes, if you have taken this offer can you PM and pass on your email address also, please.

SAB party in the tent :)

R

• Like 1

Sorry, i follow all your PM up asap, as i have been sick this week sorry. Stay tune ;-)

• Like 1

Hey everyone

Just been following up on this EGA discount ticket offer for SAB users, I only had 3 PM regarding the tickets, was there anyone else that went with the discount offer?

If so can you please PM me asap so i can work out your ticket refund and or discount ticket ;-)

Seem there going to be a lot of SAB peep at this one, the way it should be.

Ronny