The Corroboree
87_botanist

Banned TED Talk: The Science Delusion - Rupert Sheldrake at TEDx Whitechapel

Worth a watch let me know your thoughts? He mentions so good topics that get get you thinking

Edited by 87_botanist

Not to be a dick, but i think all ted talks are stupid and if you watch them it makes you dumber.

None of them are actually banned but i think they should be.

The speaker is there to promote his new book (in other cases product) and doesn't make a clear point.

His so called dogmas of science are just made up by himself.

Science fundamentally says nothing about most the things he claims.

• Like 1

Well you know what they say about opinions, they are like ass holes every one has them lol

Everyone one has their own opinion and take on life just because you dont like it doesn't mean that I am stupid/dumber because i have simply listened to someone's philosophy on ideas.

Also hasn't anyone ever told you that anything after "BUT" in a statement is bullshit and your true thoughts are before the "BUT" 

All good though your in titled to your own thought pattens and opinions. Im not offended by what you have said your just been true to yourself and I like that 

Peace :bong:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DualWieldRake said:

Not to be a dick, but i think all ted talks are stupid and if you watch them it makes you dumber.

None of them are actually banned but i think they should be.

The speaker is there to promote his new book (in other cases product) and doesn't make a clear point.

His so called dogmas of science are just made up by himself.

Science fundamentally says nothing about most the things he claims.

Ruperts talk is basically about this kind of thing, rake.

• Like 1

Bro, he has rake in his name, just like you. Don't hate on your brother man. :lol:

• Like 3

This fella used to be a great scientist. Unfortunatly ever since he discovered fame, a taste for wealth and dare I say religion, he no longer does the hard work needed to prove his possibly briliant ideas. I don't agree with RakeWielder that all Ted Talks are stupid but, despite making some good points, this one is. He is trying to be smart by duplicating the same template used to denounce creationism but instead turning it back against science. However he has chosen sensationalism over facts and even contradicts him self. For instance the consciousness thing, which he claims is not accepted by science, then he goes on to say "recent ur experimental research actually show that it is real" Yet aren't these very researchers that are doing all the hard work trying to prove the theory, the same scientist he is making a lot of money criticising. 

Wise men learn more listening to fools than fools do listening to wise men.  :unsure: