The Corroboree
Sallubrious

Perseid Meteor Shower

Fucking Flying rocks!

This is going on right now and is supposed to be visible over a fairly wide range of zones. I've seen a few flashes but then the cloud cover moved back in & blocked everything. The fucking moon is going to take the edge of what would been a really spectacular show, but anyone in clear skies should see a good show none the less. It should start kicking in now and continue until the pre-dawn hours.

Someone else in clearer skies might get a good show.

Perseid Meteor Shower @ Space.com

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 3

I have terrible eyes, and I have never seen a meteor in my life.
In the time it just took me to have a cigarette I saw two.

This is fkn amazing...  I'm going to rug up and spend some hours out there tonight.  Thx for the heads up Sal!

Hmmf, overcast here. 

The above link says the meteor shower could be seen tomorrow night too?! Anyway,  I'll leave my curtains open tonight and perhaps I'll see something. Can I make a wish on it, you know, like a shooting star?, couldn't hurt right?! Lol.

Edit.  Ok, so a metiorite and a shooting star is the same thing?! ( why don't I retain information , lol) 

Edited by Amazonian
Coz I'm blonde

cool.  i saw six blue ones in under ten minutes, across a large portion of the north-facing sky including directly overhead.

hopefully we dont see any meteorites amz!  those are the ones that can crash into your house.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

I didn't see anything except a few early flashes and then the fucking clouds blew in and put an end to it.

People in the Northern Hemisphere on the other side of the globe should be getting a good show now and depending on their location they won't have the moon interfering with the view.

• Like 1