The Corroboree
87_botanist

Mushroom Books

Hey guys and girls,

Any recommendations on mushroom books have seen heaps but thought I would consult here before purchasing

Cheers 87_botanist

• Like 1

Depends on your angle, but I could recommend:

The Mushroom Cultivator (Stamets & Chilton) - growers bible, must have.

Mushrooms Demystified (David Arora) - good but North American centric

Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World (Stamets) - beautiful pics

Check out fungimap.org.au for an aussie flavour...

Radical Mycology  by Peter McCoy

• Like 1

I am looking from both angles

I was defiantly looking at : The Mushroom Cultivator, and the Radical mycology looks very useful

Has any one read : The Psilocybin Mushroom Bible by K. Mandrake or Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Edited by 87_botanist

If you are tight on coin I'd go Stamets -  Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms over the Mushroom Cultivator (solid but some info a little dated). I have both and ended up using the former more as a point of reference, they are complementary though.

They are the go to cultivation books IMO

I put another member recently onto Stephen Russels - The Complete Guide to Cultivating Mushrooms, which is a tidy book with a nice layout, touches on most things including PF tek. A less academic approach than Stamets that anyone can instantly come to terms with.

Stamets - Mycellium Running, may also be of interest in time, its a once you are hooked kinda book:wink:

I may be selling my Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World , dunno yet hard to part with...lol....and as SayN says it is a beautiful thing to thumb through.

• Like 2

Trad Cotter --Organic Mushroom Farming and Mycoremediation : Simple to Advanced and Experimental Techniques for Indoor and Outdoor Cultivation

I love trads book easy to read and still goes in death on heaps of topics. It has almost everything but no stuff on Ps.spp in it.

Radical Mycology  is the totally awesome, but has some very dense reading. And also just a big ass heavy book to hold. 

• Like 2

I threw away my copy of The Mushroom Cultivator a while ago. IMO there is plenty of free information available on mushroom sites. Just about the only thing I used TMC for was diagnosis, causes and control of diseases.

• Like 1