The Corroboree
Alchemica

Writing a cacao therapy fact sheet for the community

I want to write a cacao therapy fact sheet! Anyone have tips for how to write for the general community on something like Cacao? I could write the MIMS entry for Cacao (which I'll also compile) but having something for the community is an interesting project for me to do.

What level of writing do people like to read and what do they want to know about this plant and chocolate therapy? Is there anything you'd actually read with interest? Is there anything you want to know about the potential of chocolate therapy?

So far it would be about the basic botany, chemistry, traditional use, medicinal applications, spiritual aspects and then go into the synergistics of the other constituents and maybe future prospects? I like going way deep on the science and referencing the hell out of things if i can, maybe I need a basic and technical version for all bases to be covered?

Of course this would not imply that any of my creations or samples I offer have any therapeutic benefit, it is merely a fact sheet on the plant and chocolate as therapy...

Anyone have tips on what people would read with interest?

Which community are you writing for? This one right here? Or true genpop? The two are pretty different IME. The homeless community you want to distribute your chocolate to would be a different readership again.

If you're going for general readership, I think that the model used for pharmaceuticals where they have a general info sheet & a detailed one "for medical professionals" is an ok one? But if you're just making an information pamphlet to hand out with your products, then it probably doesn't need to be anywhere near that kind of level of detail - it might even be counterproductive.

Sorry to give such a wishy-washy response, but the intended audience is such an important variable here...

• Like 1

I'd like one that would engage general interest of the general public of all levels, to then do their own research. So a simple introduction and maybe I can link to more extensive resources on the facebook page. So yeah, a CMI and a pro link sounds good. The CMI would be very light and open to reading to the extent one wants to go. Be interesting to see if I can make my knowledge into something less technical for others yet still informative. See how I go.

Thanks @Anodyne

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alchemica said:

Be interesting to see if I can make my knowledge into something less technical for others yet still informative.