The Corroboree
drpotato

Mycology discord chat rooms

Here are 2 discord channels

Shaman Australis unofficial discord server

https://discord.gg/UYaH6QT

TripTeam

https://discord.gg/PUvEpH6

Despite the name is all mushroom discussion, again, edibles and actives, supposedly created by willymyco, theres a lot of users but most are beginners unlike in fungus amongus. the servers share about 60% of the same users. This server though features a fairly stocked "show and tell" channel with now thousands of grow pictures. In tripteam, experimental methods are more tolerated than on shroomery and fungus amongus, deviation from the teks and such, but accuracy of information is still very much moderated.

For those unaware, discord is like IRC but you can upload photos like in Facebook or skype, and also everything is saved up to a point i think, so you can always check back on stuff.
In my opinion its way better than IRC.
It also features voice channels, and soon will apparently have features for live streaming or screen sharing (it was originally built for gaming).

Edited by drpotato
FA requested link be removed
  • Like 2

Nice one mate.

I'm looking for some good myco forums, shroomery does my head in a bit...
I've seen willymyco videos, he is pretty enthusiastic and very informative, I may have to check out this TripTeam channel when I get a spare moment.

Cheers drpotato.

encryption wise, they are all the same. But fungus amongus is moderated more than tripteam so, no trolling or misinformation.

What about the selling of spore prints (for microscopy), like here on SAB. Is this allowed over there DrPotato?

I think I've heard on the shroomery any selling of spores is prohibited, only trading? This might be wrong though.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, Skellum said:

I think I've heard on the shroomery any selling of spores is prohibited, only trading? This might be wrong though.

Shroomery is probably like most sites in that you can't sell spores unless you pay for that right by being a sponsor. Which IMO does make sense. Why would a vendor pay for a right that others get for free.  And it does cost money to keep sites up, so sponsors do generate much needed revenue.

• Like 1

*Bump*

Also, anyone whos been over, got any recommendations for other topics you'd like to see on there?
Chats just starting to catch on i think, at least during aussie daylight hours

Also i want to mention, the server currently does not require discord registration/signup to access for the time being, so, if you havent signed up at all, youll be allowed to use the chat immediately anyway on a temporary account that dissapears as soon as you close the browser tab.