The Corroboree

Share your catch of the day or a rig you use etc.

nice sized trevally Tom. I was going to make a thread same as this one, next time I caught something. You've beaten me to it, good on you.

I urge everyone to post their catches here... love to see them all.

Edited by Skellum
spelling
  • Like 2

I used to be a keen fisherman but I gave it away, there was too much water mixed in with the fish.

Was that Trevally in a school or was it a lone wolf ?

• Like 1

yibbadah yibbadah mwah!

gna have to go fishing again soon with the whipper snappers... 

- ex angler of 18 yrs given up for guitars and aquaria

so yeah got no catch of the day pics but do have some nostalgia to add..

2017-06-04 21.00.47.jpg2017-06-04 21.01.08.jpg -anybody else grew up to this book?

.. managed to save mine all these years to pass down to said whippen snappen..

2017-06-04 21.00.47.jpg

2017-06-04 21.01.08.jpg

2017-06-04 21.00.47.jpg

2017-06-04 21.01.08.jpg

I saw an enormous school of Trevally when I was out near seal rocks spearfishing one time. The school was that big we could see it from a few hundred metres away, at first we thought it was a whale. We cruised over to sus it out and when we got there and saw it was fish I took a few pot shots with the spear gun but the fish kept getting knocked off the spear by other fish, so I got the brilliant idea to dive in the water to spear as many as I could. I was getting hit by fish left right and centre (they are a powerful fish) and then I thought to myself, what if there's a shark following the school feeding on them, this could have been a bad move.

Then I looked up and my diving buddy had fucked off in the tinny following the school trying to run the fish over.It was a nervous few minutes floating around in the deep blue all by my lonesome until he lost interest and came back. I was starting to consider ditching the float and line with all the speared bleeding fish, but I hung on to them and got a few nice ones.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 5

^an epic tale sallubrious... lol

trevally get BIG.
in far north qld in the waters between aus and PNG they pull out   GT's (Giant Trevally).
I don't think they are good eating, but some of them get like 50kg. The big dinosaur brothers of the Trevally.

• Like 2

Yeah they weren't GT's, it was almost 30 years ago but I remember them being 4-7kg or there abouts.

We also used to dive around where people were rock fishing and it was very common to see clusters of fish 20m away from where people were fishing and none where they had their hooks. It was like the fish had to be either really dumb or shit starving hungry to bite anything on a hook. That was main reason I gave up fishing with a rod & reel.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 2

Plenty of herring down at south mole.

Would anyone like to buy any specific fishing rigs? Like herring, bream, live bait, trevally/Skippy, snapper...

Edited by Tom Bombadil
  • Like 1

"caught" this just now off the postie :)

can't wait to see my lads face when back off cadets camp

2017-08-22 10.07.46.jpg

these are a bit obscure over this side of the planet (baitcasters).. just gotta load with some braid now and hunt out lures... which should be a nice alternative right after plant hunting 

2017-08-22 10.07.46.jpg

2017-08-22 10.07.46.jpg

• Like 2

Surf and offshore fishing are my favorite past time. Jack crevalle on top water(shark bait). The shark was a 7'7" sandbar shark and successfully released. My local beach is definitely one of the top bull redfish spots in Texas. This year I've caught a lot over 44" up to 47 1/4", majority of them 45". I release all of them.

20160924_075328.jpg

yup.jpg

20160924_075328.thumb.jpg.e307da0ed501260fad6b53b0e1182ef9.jpg

yup.thumb.jpg.d607edaa0ee75d6b9813aa3a427dfd24.jpg

20160924_075328.thumb.jpg.e307da0ed501260fad6b53b0e1182ef9.jpg

yup.thumb.jpg.d607edaa0ee75d6b9813aa3a427dfd24.jpg

• Like 4