The Corroboree

• Like 4

Wow. Much improvement from the track I listened to a few years ago.

• Like 1

• Like 3

Why has nobody bothered listening and commenting?

I mean, pretty fuckin good for a guy with an actual job (unless that changed)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThunderIdeal said:

Why has nobody bothered listening and commenting?

I mean, pretty fuckin good for a guy with an actual job (unless that changed)

Thanks man. I really appreciate it. It took me quite a while to get to where I was starting to be confident that I was getting a handle on all the various skills required. I've probably been at it for about 20 years now. The hardest part is completing a track. It's really easy to make a cool beat and put a baseline and whatnot over it, but turning it into a whole track that evolves in a way that can keep a listener interested requires perseverance. 

• Like 1

• Like 3

• Like 2

• Like 1

• Like 1

A new one with a bit of a housey vibe:

• Like 3

Edited by ballzac

the first one and some of the more trancey reminded me of eye q records stuff.  Nice stuff

I like Acid/time the most  , faster stuff, I usually like them harder

• Like 1

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

On 29/01/2019 at 9:43 AM, ballzac said:

But if even just one or two people enjoy my music, I'll keep posting stuff. :)

yeah Ballz

your art

your musak

bloke - so much to filter out these days but when one of the members here articulates their style it weighs tonnes compared to the unknown fillers online .

i'd rather way listen to your chops and slicks when doing dishes shuffling my feet at the sink

• Like 1

Just listened to some of you stuff

You got some nice stuff big improvements from the beginning. Easy to lissten to with some nice beats and bass drops can follow an get into it

Constructive criticism, maybe work on your melodie flow, its nice but it feels slighty out of sink if you get me ( sorta like like 2 tracks randomly playing over each other) an change it switch it up a little . Maybe ease off the back ground stuff slighty to much going on. ... maybe some faster thuddier deaper bass 

But all in all not shabby man keep up the good work looking forward to see more :lol:

• Like 1

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep these coming, brother. Please don't stop, even if you're not getting much feedback. I'm really loving it.

• Like 2

Edited by ballzac
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ballzac said:

Not sure what style this would qualify as

I kinda lost my way with identifying music style, probably in the last 20 years, give or take. So I've given up. When I listen to a piece of music for the first time, I like to be in total darkness and otherwise silence and just listen. I found I liked a much broader range of sounds than I expected. I've used music extensively to help when I've been in the dark places. 

I haven't listened to all your stuff yet, but this one is currently my fave. It's almost anthemic in that I find it uplifting, inspirational. It gave me the image of a piece of music in a movie, playing as the protagonist drives with resolute conviction toward the final, culminating scene. Love it, man. Love it. Thank you so much. :)

• Like 1

Acid/time is a killer song. 

I too have not beeing so active in the forums for some time, I had even lost my passwords and was locked out for some time. 

The names of music , heheh, yeah this has changed. Many names are really unneeded. Music nowadays  mostly if not all is crossover., mixture of things  I think the most unneeded and stupid names exist for the rave/techno/house  culture... but recent metal labeling are also equal in stupidity. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sagiXsagi said:

Acid/time is a killer song. 

I too have not beeing so active in the forums for some time, I had even lost my passwords and was locked out for some time. 

The names of music , heheh, yeah this has changed. Many names are really unneeded. Music nowadays  mostly if not all is crossover., mixture of things  I think the most unneeded and stupid names exist for the rave/techno/house  culture... but recent metal labeling are also equal in stupidity. 

I'm not sure how I feel about Acid/time. It stands out amongst my music as having unique qualities, which in itself is something positive, but I don't listen to it and think "this is perfect. there's nothing I would change about this". As for genre names, I think of them as mostly a convenience to help people find things they like. For me, it also helps to find new inspiration. I'll often look up a variety of examples of some particular genre and try to emulate some commonalities without actually copying anything from an individual track. Sometimes I end up with something that actually sounds like that genre, and other times it just sounds like my own style with those elements incorporated, but I always walk away with a larger toolset that I can draw from in the future.

With that said, here's my take on techno:

Yes, a lot of my track names end in "7", lol.

Some pop:

I put this up on soundcloud about a month ago, but I was planning on remastering it before sharing it around. I spent a while tweaking it to bring out the base and kick a bit more, but I think it lost some commercial pop charm in the process, so I'm sticking with this original master.