The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Psyentist

Brugmansia aurea 'Culebra'

Hi everyone! :) 

For anyone that is into their brugs I have a spare little rooted culebra cutting. Thought my plant was going to die so tried to propagate it. The mother has sprung back to life now so this little one needs a good home. 

Would be interested in trading for something, maybe, I'm not sure what. But if no offers come up and someone is willing to pay postage? I would fix it up but the accountant has been cracking the whip lately. 

Anyway, let me know.

Cheers! :) 

Darn! That was quick! 

A superb home has been found for this little lady but if there is anymore interest I could possibly take a couple more cuttings. They wouldn't be ready for a while though. 

Let me know.

Cheers! :) 

Show us some pictures @Psyentist I'd be interested mate... Brugmansia is Datura isnt it, or is it just apart of the same family? (without having to google it, lol?)

I've potentially got some tricho seeds and spore prints to trade, or of course $$

Take more cuttings mate, even if people aren't immediately interested I'm sure by the time they are rooted and ready for sale and you have some pretty pictures available people would be interested.

• Like 1

Brugs and datura are similar but where as datura are short lived plants with erect flowers, brugs can grow into massive trees and have flowers that hang downwards. This is a pic of mine. Looks a bit worse for wear but like I said, she only came back from the brink of death not long ago... IMG_7284.thumb.JPG.735fa52bf004f4e6a282c3bc2e9ec1c8.JPG

And here's a pic of one in flower that I stole from the interwebs...

IMG_7285.thumb.JPG.4e56e60e62a68c550a7a660602436334.JPG

This culebra plant is quite cool as it's kind of like a monstrose brug. In fact, Richard Schultes didn't even place it the brug genus when he discovered it, he named it Methysticodendron amesianum, but it has since been found to be a brugmansia.

I'll take a couple more cuttings and send you one when they're ready Skellum. :) 

IMG_7284.thumb.JPG.735fa52bf004f4e6a282c3bc2e9ec1c8.JPG

IMG_7284.thumb.JPG.735fa52bf004f4e6a282c3bc2e9ec1c8.JPG

• Like 1

Fucken groovy bro, sounds good. Thanking you  :)