The Corroboree
gem

Bank tfr to SAB for server costs

I don't know if this has been addressed before (and I have no clue WHAT to put into the search engine so apologies if this has already been covered.)

I'll admit, I'm a fucking slacker.  Haven't visited my beloved forums in far too long.  Actually most of the people that read this won't know who the fuck I am, that's understandable.  Anyhoo... about the server costs to keep this invaluable resource running for you and I - looking for a way to make it easier and affordable for peeps and still help keep the site up.

Not sure about other banks but I can put in a payee and have it set up to send money each fortnight/month whatever.  Does $5 a fortnight sound like too much for all of the amazing information accessible to us?  Ok - no filter:  I'm on a DSP and I would happily pay $5/fn to ensure SAB keeps running (even though I'm so slack and rarely log in.)  It's just... to me an essential resource, better then erowid.  I could type for an hour as to WHY I prefer SAB to erowid et al.  And no - there's no reason for my post other then that I care for the SAB community (ironic given my last login but anyway.)

Apologies if this has been raised before - been around since 2001 so I know UTFSE ok? 

I am sincerely interested to hear if peeps are willing to contribute a couple of dollars a fortnight - your bank might be able to do it automatically like mine.  No need to even think about it - you bank just sends a few dollars to SAB as you specify.

Okay.  Enough of me - but please, would love to know if this is a viable idea - should probably have asked Torsten directly but I wanted to include the whole SAB community in this post.  Cheers folks.  Happy Weekend! 

Yeah I havent given a penny yet because it requires PayPal.

Thundereal - can't stop laughing at ''12 units of fuckery'' - hahaha, love it.
Ok yeah, I have had my gripes with PayPal in the past (chronic online shopper) but I was suggesting something along the lines of an automatic bank transfer.  For example:  I log into Bendigo and put the payees BSB, A/C number etc and put how often I want it (typically fn'ly to coincide with pension.) 

Been away from the forums for far too long and saw the server goal thingie at the top and thought, I'm up for that - and thought others may be able to do the same just via a smart phone....