The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Sir Jeans

A way to make $100 for 20 minutes of your time!

Hey everyone!

This isn't actually a plant sale, but I posted it here because I figured quite a lot of people would be interested in this and could benefit. Apologies if this isn't the best place for this. Here's a way that you can make $100 for 20 minutes of your time without even leaving home, which you can then put toward buying cactuses (of course :P )

My bank (ING Direct) is giving $100 bonuses to both myself and to every new customer I refer to them (You!) who opens an Orange Everyday account. It only takes 10-20 minutes online, and there are no account opening or closing fees. This is basically free, no-strings money from a bank looking for more customers. There’s no obligation to use or even keep the account after you get the bonus, although it is actually a very good account – no fees at all, free withdrawals from *any* ATM in Aus, etc.

If you are interested, you can find out more and sign up for an Orange Everyday account here (or if you’re suspicious of clicking the link, just Google “ING Orange Everyday account”):

https://www.ingdirect.com.au/everyday-banking.html

To get the bonus, open up an ING Orange Everyday account, say you were referred by a friend when prompted, and enter the following promotional code:

EOW211

The promotional code is important – without it, neither of us get the bonus! The other thing you have to do is deposit $1001 into your new account within a calendar month. It doesn’t matter where this comes from, as long as it’s not another ING account. I just used savings from another account, and transferred the money (plus the bonus) back once I got the bonus.

Many people I know have done this and got their bonuses (it takes about a month to receive it). However, some people who hadn’t lived in their house for a minimum of 3 years or who didn’t have a driver’s license or passport had to provide physical ID at a post office to complete the sign up. They still got their bonuses, just a bit more effort required. Note that the bonus only applies for new customers who haven’t been with ING before.

It’s not every day that you get a chance to make $100 from home by simply filling in a form and opening an account, and I know a lot of people could do with the extra cash (including myself, which is why I’m doing this!). So please pass this on to anyone else you can think of that might benefit! The offer is valid until the 31st of July, but is limited to the first 10,000 participants so it’s worth getting onto it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions and I’d be happy to help. Of course, there's a lot of scams going around, so feel free to call them up and confirm that they really doing bonuses if you're referred by a friend. Just tell them that a friend told you about it on Facebook :) Finally, here's my member trading reputation thread in case you just want to check that out too:

Edited by Sir Jeans
  • Like 1

Interesting mate, I've been thinking about punting CBA and going with ING for a while. This post is more incentive.
Its good to know I have 2+ months to make a decision. I will PM you if I decide to make the swap Jeans - cheers man.

• Like 1

Sounds good, and yeah, they're a lot better than most of the other banks. And of course a free $100 is a pretty sweet deal ;)

On 17/05/2017 at 10:24 PM, Skellum said:

Interesting mate, I've been thinking about punting CBA and going with ING for a while. This post is more incentive.

Its good to know I have 2+ months to make a decision. I will PM you if I decide to make the swap Jeans - cheers man.

I've had it up to the top of my head with CBA and was also going to change banks once I've got enough cash in to pay off my personal loan and credit card with them. 

I could also use any money coming in ATM and when I sell my car (ANYONE WANT TO BUY A 2006 TURBO FORESTER?) I'll be able to put in that minimum amount to ING.

However I fucking HATE paperwork so I will be doing this, thanks Sir Jeans, but only when I can be arsed doing it. Probably tomorrow while I'm sitting in the rain bored as fuck all day at the Coffs car market... *eyeroll*

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ThunderIdeal said:

What is the minimum?

On 5/17/2017 at 6:58 PM, Sir Jeans said:

The other thing you have to do is deposit $1001 into your new account within a calendar month.

Or were you talking about the 06 Forester?  :P

• Like 1

Yep, minimum is $1001, although it's worth pointing out this doesn't necessarily have to all be in one lump sum. They suggest you can get your pay put into the account, and as long as it's 1001 within one calendar month you're all good (and you don't have to leave it in - you can start withdrawing / using the money straight away). 

I also find paperwork to be a pain in the ass, but fortunately with this one it's pretty quick and simple :)

There's no such thing as a free lunch. Banks giving away free money sounds suss as fuck.

• Like 2

I've seen ING do this similar thing in the past and 2 mates of mine did it. But got nothing, then got slapped with $5 account keeping fees. Just saying. 

• Like 1

In this case, there actually *is* a free lunch. As long as you meet the eligibility criteria and follow the instructions as outlined above, you'll get $100 cash for nothing but a bit of your time. There are no fees, including no opening or closing fees. I'm not sure what happened with your mates in the past Zedo, but either they must have done something wrong in the sign-up process, or INGs policies were different to what they are now. I've had about a dozen personal friends do this and every one of them received the bonus. Most of them simply withdrew their $100 (plus the $1001 they initially transferred in) and then closed the account. Nobody paid any fees at any point. Feel free to call ING Direct if you want to confirm this (again, just say a friend told you about it) :) 

It just popped into my head what could be going on with this offer.  Im not saying it is, but it could be.  

In the present day of ballooning debt much of whose purpose is to service existing debt, dont rule this out even in Australia.  

Lets say ING has a liquidity problem.  their capital (literal translation: savings belonging to their customers) is locked away in underperforming schemes.  They have obligations, and being a bank they require their customers to believe that their savings are available to be withdrawn.  

Enter the ponzi.

Step one: Tell people they get a hundred dollars if they will let the bank hold onto a thousand dollars.  Liquidity acquired.

Step two:  uh oh, too many people want their thousand dollars back!  Repeat step one.

:blush:

Edit:  its analogous to the world economy of late, at least thats what some would claim.  kicking the can down the road and looking for the greater fool.

We (the world) are betting on higher levels of growth in the future to have any hope of paying off the debt we are incurring now.  We have to incur this debt because its the only way to continue servicing existing debt.  

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 4

Hmm, that's an interesting theory.

The $100 bonus doesn't require you to keep any money in the account - in their own advertising of the deal, they request that people get their pay put into the account, and that if this is at least $1000 in the first month, you get the bonus. We can of course get around that by simply shifting $1000 into the account, taking it straight back out again, then closing the account if we want to once the bonus comes in. But, assuming that some people do get their pay put into the account and start using it as their regular account, that will give the bank more capital.