The Corroboree

I loved fire....like really fckn loved it:wink:

Its a tool for me.... a force,and much more.... and its never been applied by me without intent. There is always intent.

Didn't matter if it was a small pile of twigs, or walking along with the driptorch laying down long lines of intent.

The reasons fire was applied were diverse, and its been a significant part of my life.

I've been in bushfires that I would have pissed my pants if I wasnt so scared...lol:lol:.....and loved it.

It holds power....  not to be underestimated, abused or fckd with. Make no mistake it can be greedy.

It's turned on me... like a cornered snake ...lol...thats what I initially thought:lol:.....more to the point I can't tolerate larger ,energetic ones anymore. I've lost a few things on my new path, but this one is hitting hard as it does have a spiritual component.

Did I mention I fckn love fire?.....fck it.

The cornered snake that inspired my reflection,thoughts and ramblings.....

IMG_20170512.jpg

IMG_20170512.jpg

IMG_20170512.jpg

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 4

That flame looks like a.....  beast, ....serpent ...., spirit,... I'm not sure, lol. It looks very alive though. 

Do you not see the snake?  To be precise its sorta winding through a tree away from the camera making the head and neck appear smaller.

Or a dragon. 

Fire is a very powerful energy hey waterboy. Something to be respected.

• Like 1

Be a bit like clouds Amz:wink:, not everyone sees the same thing.

For me it looked and felt like a snake.

I'm pining for a big fire...lol...one that will shed rain and suck in air from over ones shoulder.

Q'ero shamanism use fire ceremonies for healing.

• Like 1

fuckin , i love fire. always have.

I used to  miss school stoking the fire just .......right, under dad's still.

it lead me to realising much about fire and it's botanical uses...... i mean just look at how much of oz's nature needs fires to thrive.

It heals, it conceives it cleanses.

i wish i could elaborate more wb atm(and i might revisit here to do so) but for now, this is one of my fave winter solstice shots2015 038.jpg2015_039.jpg

2015 038.jpg

2015_039.jpg

2015 038.jpg

2015_039.jpg

• Like 2

Fire is awesome.... as in causing awe or terror; inspiring wonder or excitement.

• Like 1

Some say the 3 wise men were Iranian fire mages/magi who gained their wisdom from lifetimes spent peering into the flames. No idea if it's true or not though.

The flames certainly are hypnotic though & their form follows the rules of physics that govern our own biological processes - in many ways flames are a living entity like anything else that breathes oxygen on this planet. They start small, grow until they reach their peak and then fade into insignificance just like we do.

I haven't been to a good fire for ages.

• Like 2