The Corroboree
MoonUnitBotanica

Back-ish if yas will have me :0

I have no idea about what went down, but welcome back Incog, great way to start it off again...

• Like 1

Why dont you take up your old account and the two of us can have a competition to not have the highest post count?

• Like 3

well Thankyou guys :)

so what's everyone been doing?

ive been right into growing ariocarpus and astrophytum cultivars and location seed. Loving it. About to dip my toes in haworthia waters. 

Been planting a few fruit trees, and blueberries on my lil property, in the process of fencing it all off (erghhh) to keep dang rascally local kids off it!

gonna start a big veggie garden sooner rather than later, doing a lot of thinking on it! Got plenty of pine logs to make a good border.

other than that just hangin out with my staffy and bein a full time single dad and lovin it, my liln came to live with me in December and I'm really loving it! For some reason I get a lot of enjoyment out of making her school lunches!! Easy goin kid and great company. Have dropped down my work days to three days a week. Left a living-hell job Sept last year and life has settled and kept getting better since the. Touch wood so no complaints.

Gonna pay a local builder to make me a freakin fantastic cactus shed and a greenhouse this tax cheque, as I get so much pleaseure out of growing plants and they have supplemented my income well. I get a lot of satisfaction out of people being satisfied by my plants!! So yeah, how you doin?? 

• Like 7

how did you get on with the acacia hedge (if i recall rightly?) did you go with floribunda? 

been through some mega shit since feb 2015... kids mum passed away ,... wish it had been mine tho...

just been tryna re start a new home and garden with the kids since april 2016 after tryna survive a north facing 1 bed appt with the poor little mites and whatever could be salvaged from the plant collection...

- still going through some shit.. 

can't beat good family life with the right ones though eh?

Can't wait to see your cactus shed and greenhouse develop mate!

how the fk are you supposed to grow Ario's ? - I keep slaying them by accident..

never mind... I think I give up on those little fluffers 

dyu mulch your blueberries over your way? - like with conifer clippings n stuffs to keep em acidic?

full time single dad is totes the dream job of a lifetime mate , good on yous,

• Like 4

Welcome back, man. I didn't get the chance to know you as Incognito, but I look forward to getting to know you now.

The incredible mix of peoples in this space really do epitomize the meaning of the word "Friend", being someone who knows everything about you, your faults as well as your virtues, but loves you just the same. Or something like that.

I love this place.

• Like 3

Welcome back Incogmoonunito :)

• Like 2

Hey man, where's my F*N MONEY C#%T!!

Oh wait, that wasn't you,

disregard...

• Like 2

I'll "Moon Unit" you! Lol

Dunno what happened, don't care, just wish SAB had everyone back on board. By crikey life gets in the way of spending a few minutes on the computer to catch up doesn't it? How is that so hard??

• Like 3

You know where I stand.

I dont think you need to ask for permission to participate when it was self imposed exile.

• Like 2

@mountaingoat - cheers mate :)

@TI, nah mate I'll leave the big didgets to you mate, I like the feel of newbness! Glad your still around!

@Glaukus- cheers mate. Love your sauce. I swear as soon as I win lotto we are going into the sauce business.

@thunderhorse- yeah the acacia hedge didn't really work out, only ones that survived here where the accuminatas, they are doing awesomely though.

i am sorry to hear of the hard times. Especially the loss of your children's mother. What you are doing takes REAL strength. You must be a very strong guy, and I think you should always give yourself credit for that. Use whatever resources and support networks are at Reach, never be afraid to ask for help. 

I fucking salute you.

the blueberries are doing fine I have the. In a semi shaded position and keep the water up to them. I mulch them with cardboard I get from work. You have never tasted blueberries until u have had them fresh!! Stay strong man, life throws all kids of shit at us but if you can weather the storm, nature surely rewards courage.

@Insequent, nice to meetcha:)

@RC- good to see u still around bud !

@waterboy, yeah I get ur point, I made a fair crumpet of myself and if I was unwelcome I would have understood and then why would one bother participating?

being cautious I guess. I understand and accept where you stand and can only once again offer my sincere apology.

anyhoo off to continue fencing ten acres )ergh) 

hooefully we get some rain to water in the bottle trees I planted! Forgot the bot name at the moment but the Aussie kurrajong that grows the big bottle trunks have planted the. Along the side of the road stretching up my hill.

• Like 2

good to see you back man :)
Thanks for helping me move all the way from living in a tent in random parks to working a full time job, getting some skills and actually saving some money and being able to change my life.
All whilst being a good cunt and sharing your living space.
can't thank you enough :wub:

Glad to hear you are working less (for paycheck that is, gotta keep busy).
Get that glasshouse built and keep up the paramedicine man

You know if you ever want any kiwi native seed or anything I'm growing hit me up

Much love to you, the little one and doggo.

• Like 1

Yeah thanks man that job was sending me fucking insane. Well it pretty much sent me to the brink, I'm glad I quit best thing I ever did, however when u met me I couldn't, I was locked in. I don't have to tell u how much of a bastard it was working under those people, try and imagine being a manager there and having to answer to them on a daily basis. I am very sorry for how I treated u on the site, and for what happened to you and the mrs. I was constantly on the verge of complete mental breakdown. Wish I could have left that job a few years sooner, but then there's being an adult and having mortgages and shit. I hope you are doin well, you should try make contact with Jakey and Dale they always talked about you in high regard. Jakey is running the show now and coping it just as sweet as I did, but on much less pay. Hopefully he can get into the mines he is a good kid that one, with such a great attitude to life in general. He surely has Brought himself up in life.  Dale is still a

cheeky bastard, I catch up with him every now and then for a pho, (he always makes me pay) but man I honestly love that guy lol spent about 8 months convincing him to try pho. If u get a chance watch his skydiving video it will make your life.

andrews now making about 3k a week in the mines but as always the piss is still his demon. So much potential. Best people skills I've ever seen in a human.

havent seen or heard from Hannah, there was a lot of sexual harassment out there when I left which affected Katey and katelyn and they left unfortunately. Yeah but doin a harvest is a crazy experience, they just need to fuck tony off and it would solve a lot of problems but anyhoo. Sometimes assholes just win.

glad ur doin well what are u doin now? I'll tell dale we catchin up for a pho this Thursday. 

Still volunteering paramedic, I couldn't take the traineeship as Ash came into my care, and I can't do shiftwork. I enjoy it though and keep up my training. U will laugh but I now do drug testing at the Parkes and Mudgee mine sites three days a week. The coin is GREAT, (get more in three days than I did at gc for a week) and he'll if they stoopid enough to come to work at a mine site on drugs or pissed it's their own fault they full well know. Imagine working while dale was driving around on the loader ripped?

that and the occasional shift at the hospital doing a wardsman shift pays the bills , and gives me plenty of days off to

chill and enjoy life. No more  100hr weeks ever!! Have quit smoking, 5 months cig free, the smell of cigarette smoke now makes me want to spew. Not bad a for the pack a day habit that I had. Haven't touched weed either since about November. Still very much enjoy a beer now and then though! 

Edited by MoonUnitBotanica
  • Like 1

Hey dude seriously don't sweat it, you were the best person to work with and made where I am today possible. Which is in a much more stable and focused place.
Everything you did really meant a lot and you helped in a lot of ways to give me the security to get out of a relationship that had gone sepo.
Also just routine and transferable job skills yadayada
Couldn't imagine doing long hours in the heat without yourself and the crew you managed and formed. 
Definitely saw the brutal, unrealistic expectations and stress put on to you and the other managers, pretty unsustainable for anyone to keep at that long term.

Good to hear bout Jakey and Dale, I have them on FB so get to see the odd thing.
Mmm Andrew could do so much, he's someone I would like to get in contact with to say that and thanks.
Gutted to hear that's how it ended up for the girls on site though.

Ah that's great that you have Ash and still doing the training. And no more durries.
Ludicrous about the work at the mines though :)

I'm managing some things for a vape shop over here at the moment.
Growing a lot of cacti from seed. Trying to get more slow growers like Obregonia and Arios on the go rather than armies of Trichos.
Trying to get a lot of native bush tucker growing in the garden as well which is great for a reference when out in the actual bush.

• Like 1

Heeeeeyyyyy you mad bastard :) missed you !!

• Like 1

Awesome to have you back man. 

• Like 1

welcome back mate :)

• Like 1

Thanks stu and dr. Yeti!

how r u fellas?