The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Azazias

Medical Marijuana

Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain cannalope haze from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/cannalope-haze/. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Chronic back pain for 15 years

I totally self medicate with cannabis.

I grow my own potent white widow strain when pain is bad it will knock you out after 5 pipes.

To get the same amount of relief I would have to bomb myself out on opiates.

medicinal cannabis.

medical merry Jane is no joke

• Like 2

^ this.

I've posted this somewhere else here, a couple of times I think, but gladly do it again.

https://cbdoilaustralia.org/ - < this is where you go to get easy access to organic, potent, decarboxylated CBD oil. In Australia.

Ideal for inflammation, but also good for a number of other things. Look into it.

THC is the decarboxylated form of THC-a, which in itself is non-psychoactive (like CBD), and good for a range of things too.

THC of course is psychoactive, and has a whole raft of things it can treat on its own, but when combined with all of the above-mentioned, and stacks more un-mentioned cannabinoids the synergistic, or Entourage effect, makes them all more effective.

Or I could be making it all up...

• Like 5

CBD can be worked up to THC the chemistry envolved would not be out of reach for the home chemist.

I would love to work it up to THC-OA apparently it is supposed to be a very potent salt form of THC.

Different strains do have different terpene profiles so they do cause a verity of effects.

I find white widow to be very narcotic in its effects it puts you into a space where the pain doesn't matter any more it doesn't numb the pain like an opiate it just takes you to that space.

• Like 2

Is THC-OA the metabolite of THC the body produces through digestion of edibles? I've heard that something like that happens, which is why edibles are more potent than other means of administration (the metabolite being WAY more potent than THC)?

Edited by Responsible Choice
baked

30 minutes ago, Responsible Choice said:

Is THC-OA the metabolite of THC the body produces through digestion of edibles? I've heard that something like that happens, which is why edibles are more potent than other means of administration (the metabolite being WAY more potent than THC)?

I thought edibles were just a more efficient roa, where no actives are pyrolised or exhaled therefore seem to be more potent. But I'm not discounting your theory.

• Like 1

^ learnt something new RC....*nods head*

EDIT - lol...explains a few things I know

from Wiki

11-Hydroxy-THC is subsequently metabolised further to 11-nor-9-carboxy-THC, which is not psychoactive but might still play a role in the analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of cannabis.

what does it become if I stick it in my arse though?

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 5

Kinky?

• Like 1

That'd be a bhang enema wilth photographers present.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Responsible Choice said:

https://cbdoilaustralia.org/ - < this is where you go to get easy access to organic, potent, decarboxylated CBD oil. In Australia.

Ideal for inflammation, but also good for a number of other things. Look into it.

Hey RC. Just tried to follow this link and came back with a "410 Gone" error. Not sure what that means, but nothing there....

Azazias, I have been using mainly smoked MJ and some edibles for the last 10 or so years to self medicate for PTSD and chronic pain. I find the Indica-dominant strains very effective for helping with anger, making the real dark times bearable (sometimes a great deal better), excellent for relaxing and helping with sleep and almost always got rid of the nasty anxiety. When I needed to be awake to tend to basic every day things like domestic chores, getting dinner, studying or being an engaged father for my kids, I would use a Sativa-dominant strain. I learned fairly early on to avoid the Sativa when anxious.

I initially started using cannabis responsibly to help with some trouble with codeine dependence. I found it wonderful for this and got the added benefit of finding it helped with the pain I used the codeine for. 

As RC has suggested, do the reading. There's a lot of material out there and you're also bound to get lots here too.

If you haven't seen this site  http://reset.me/   have a gander. And this  http://www.responsiblechoice.com.au/ 

Both are excellent reference sites.

And welcome to SAB. These all be a most excellent bunch of peoples here.

Peace.

• Like 2

^ that error is a bit suss. Very recent. I'll have to check it out... :huh:

• Like 1

The relaxation it gives me means I don't end up having as much opiates. And considering I need a fair amount of opiates to be reasonably comfortable (especially by the end of the day which is the ONLY time I'll toke, when there's no more driving or responsibilities for the day) that's a big thing. It also helps me sleep a little better - although I still have chronic insomnia it helps keep other medication down.

The mental relaxation and good mood it gives me is also wonderful. I stress less, I'm happier, it makes movies/tv better, music better, it makes shit jokes funny... 

I understand why the medicinal marijuana groups want to distance themselves from the mental effects of cannabis (obviously THC specific) but it really sucks that "euphoria" is seen as a side effect. What the hell is wrong with feeling good and enjoying something that also helps you physically? Even if it doesn't have physical effects, as long as the ingester hasn't got other problems directly caused by cannabis, why shouldn't someone be allowed to enjoy something? 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

That'd be a bhang enema wilth photographers present.

arsearazzi

• Like 2

Canarsearazzi :wink::lol:

• Like 2