The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

What's the best thing that's ever happened to you

What are the best and/or worst things that have ever happened to you and shaped your life :):(

Edited by Halcyon Daze

best

revelation of mother nature's visible / invisible presence 

plants (and mother nature) looking after you back

fungi deciding that they will turn the tables and start finding me for a change

severing from narcissistic parent 

worst 

almost being consumed by a hidden right wing ulterior agenda during battle against a hidden left wing ulterior agenda

loss of a cherished one 

clusterfux 

misc' uk mindkontrol

• Like 4

My best include all the standards like graduation, wedding day etc, but also growing up in a place called Tanawha on the Sunshine coast was really special. Exploring those forests and streams tucked up between Buderim, and Sippy downs was pure heaven for me. Glad I got to 'live it' before it got built out.

Also spending time in Tassie, Central Australia and the Gulf of Carpenteria have all been quite life changing for an out-doorsy person such as myself.

Trecking around PNG was pretty unreal too, I'm not certainly finished with that yet, only just beginning really:) 

And finding true love was something I probably wanted more than anything else in my life and somehow, against all odds I can say I've experienced that. It's easily the best thing that's ever happened to me and I would wish it upon anyone.

Worst: definitely having some tragic losses of close friends, but I started looking at life very differently as a result, so I try to honour them with how I live my own life now (hopefully).

• Like 2

Sex with 3 girls at once.

It's been all downhill from that point on.

• Like 14

Swimwear catalogues don't count as actual girls, Sal.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Both: Paralysed at 18. I had a more-or-less great childhood running around in the countryside/beaches/suburbia like a barefoot scrubber, so at least I didn't miss out on those memories of bushwalking, walking along the beach with sand between my toes, climbing trees and rooftops, riding horses and motorbikes. 

But I think the experience of what happened along with getting a payout (I won't be naive here, this is something many don't get) which has helped me have such an interesting life at times. The physical pain and emotional trauma of such things go hand-in-hand unfortunately but I think it makes the sweet parts sweeter. I'd never go back in time and change what happened, but you can bet your ass I'd give a lot up now to be able to have normal use of my legs. I wonder how my life would've turned out had it not happened but I imagine it would've been pretty boring by comparison, a personality like mine doesn't sit well with "normal." 

Besides that...

Good: Using substances. More than just psychedelics, my first MDMA opened up my social self in a life changing way, in a way that previous alcohol binging just made worse. Also good, when I got plastic surgery on my face. I didn't ask anyone's opinion, I just waited until I was 24 and adult-enough to have already formed "who I was." I only really looked different from the profile which is the part that bugged me (understatement). I could then finally sit at traffic lights in my car and not be continuously turning my head so that people couldn't see my profile. It didn't help that before the accident my lower body was the only part of me I felt physically comfortable with - then that changed significantly and I was left with nothing I felt comfortable with. Another good thing is the bonds I've had with certain pets - probably the only things that stopped me giving up over the years. 

Bad: This renovation and legal nightmare we're still dealing with. Destroyed our trust in people and the legal system. Caused damage with my family. Has (hopefully) temporarily financially drained me. Nearly destroyed our relationship a few times. We're still waiting on the verdict and who knows how long then til we see any reimbursement (if any). I don't doubt this experience will lead to a growth I/we wouldn't have had otherwise, and it sure has made me a lot more understanding of financial stress, so I try to keep that in mind all the time but it gets hard. Especially since the vast majority of the time it's me trying to keep both our heads above water (he has depression which is totally not his fault and he'd change that in a heartbeat if he could but it's the truth), but lately I'm tasting salty water, and my feet can't touch the bottom.

• Like 10

Best- getting my aya vine 16yrs ago.

It has bought all the positive changes and people that now shape who I am.

And taught me how to live an actually magic life.

Worst- deciding to go for a motorcycle ride on 05/12/1987

The repercussions adversely affect my quality of life increasingly, on a daily basis.

• Like 6

Best-           Finally being able to enjoy life post heroin & ice.

Worst-         Fucking up relationships, hurting loved ones and loosing the trust of family and friends.

• Like 6

^ Wow. Real shit. Thanks HD for the post and to those who have posted above.

Best: Witnessing 6 births. Women are magic. That and becoming a teacher.

Worst: Watching my two first-born twins die.

• Like 6

I was digging for worms by the river bank when I was a kid and found an old leather pouch of old pennies and half penny's. I thought that was pretty amazing. Wish I still had them lost them over the years.

Having daughter is probably the best thing that happened to me, prolly kept me alive. She has mellowed me out and made me grow up a bit (not to much though.)

But yeah finding that old pouch of pennies was pretty awesome.

thats pretty sad in comparison to the rad things that have happened to y'all!

• Like 6

Interesting thread, some amazing stories. 

Here's some of my highest & lowest points in chronological order. 

Low point - my grandma having a stroke, being left partially paralysed & unable to speak. Going from being totally independent, driving herself around, to being stripped of all her dignity. 

High point - watching my son being born & grown into an awesome young kid. 

High point - finally biting the bullet & ending a 15 year toxic relationship. 

Low point - adjusting to co-parenting my son and depression that resulted from it. 

High point - starting a new relationship with a way stronger connection than the previous. 

Low point- finding out my dad has untreatable terminal cancer. 

The last four events occurred in the last 12 months or so. It's been a fucking roller coaster of a year but a bunch of the awesome people I've met here have helped me get through it. 

• Like 9

On 09/05/2017 at 1:40 AM, Halcyon Daze said:

What are the best and/or worst things that have ever happened to you and shaped your life :):(

proposing to my best mates girlfriend 

There's a campfire length backstory to the lead up, aftermath, personal journey of the 3 of us for another time

That was all three; worst, completely reshaped my life and welllll best? no or maybe yes in the sense of a single question can absolutely completely destroy a person ( or 3 people ) or 3 people's extended fam..blah. And them 2 on horseback ride off into the sunset holding hands and a fair while later, from my charred lying corpse there came a murmer....

We made our peace as best you can when yer young and a epic fuckup of a course of action leads all parties to just shake hands and ( sorta ) forever part company and I spent a long long time in front of the mirror shaking my head at myself. In fact, occasionally still

• Like 5

So many good (and bad) stories.  I feel like I need to add:

High: marrying my amazing wife and having two beautiful daughters.  child-birth and the whole process around it is... indescribable; best high ever; and suddenly you feel you have a purpose!

High: MDMA experience in 2004 that literally woke me the fuck up and made me realise how important friends and friendship are to me.

Low/High: quitting my job after working very closely with someone for 17+ years.  no goodbye lunch, no gold watch, no thanks for the memories, and his wife didn't speak to me from the day I announced my resignation.  Shattered.  I had no real plan, but luck, perseverance and hard(ish) work allowed me to get a business going which not only supported us but gave me an opportunity to lead a visible and integral role in raising our girls.

Low: Mum being diagnosed with cancer in 2008.  The 'shock' sent her dementia to a new high and I struggled (and failed dismally) to find a way to deal with any of it. :(

High: Mum's funeral 2010.  Not a sad affair.  Cathartic really.  Gave me a chance to deliver a eulogy worthy of her and something, to this day, I'm proud of.  If you have the opportunity, do it - you won't get another chance

Low: Selling my business to and working with a pack of back-stabbing two-faced arseholes for 4 years

High: Leaving that company and taking back all my old customers (the ones I cared about at least) to start a new venture...

• Like 8

:)

Edited by mysubtleascention
  • Like 1

screen-shot-2015-02-06-at-7-13-22-am.png

Yeah, Mysubtle, you rock man.....sis, person of indiscernible sexual orientation

• Like 1

I can't read your post at all @mysubtleascention its just a youtube playlist for me lol?

I wonder why that is... I might need to update flashplayer or something... is mysubtle's post just a youtube hyperlink for anyone else?

• Like 1

SAB is one of the best things to happen ...

a krillion of the nicest vibes to you all !!

and quin terbo thankajes to everyone who helped !

• Like 5

Hiya Skellum Buddy, ( and MSA ) i don't think we've talked directly so "hey broo, read your stuff, i'm a huge fan. to the point....

did you watch the vid?

it is art

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mysubtleascention said:

my subtly -

oriented

.. pearls

of pleasure !

1 hour ago, freakazoid said:

Hiya Skellum Buddy, ( and MSA ) i don't think we've talked directly so "hey broo, read your stuff, i'm a huge fan. to the point....

did you watch the vid?

it is art

Sup freakazoid, whats crackin yo. thanks for reading my shit homie.

I watched this link, its nothing to watch for me... its a 1 minute 30 second song.... im half pissed and its trippy as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOXo0eGyOuY&feature=youtu.be

i dunno if you guys are playing games with me or weather I have to update shit to be able to view correctly... lol

interesting melodic beats none the less.

(trippers.....)

1 hour ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

SAB is one of the best things to happen ...

a krillion of the nicest vibes to you all !!

and quin terbo thankajes to everyone who helped !

you're certainly off your head my friend. an inspiration to us all.

-------------------------------------------------

I have a new canine and she is beautiful:

WP_20170601_10_30_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.376a259ab1743ce59b1cfc1084a4d73b.jpgWP_20170530_22_19_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.4838b1c6d6bbd3b359c5bf039c3f56a7.jpg

WP_20170601_10_30_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.376a259ab1743ce59b1cfc1084a4d73b.jpg

WP_20170530_22_19_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.4838b1c6d6bbd3b359c5bf039c3f56a7.jpg

WP_20170601_10_30_11_Pro.thumb.jpg.376a259ab1743ce59b1cfc1084a4d73b.jpg

WP_20170530_22_19_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.4838b1c6d6bbd3b359c5bf039c3f56a7.jpg

• Like 1

the train is off the tracks indeed.....

where were we....

well my best thing was not the proposal.see above. I think the best thing i've ever done was add the genes to my DNA that allowed me to grow braincells..............now that happened a very very long time ago      things were better then 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, freakazoid said:

the train is off the tracks indeed.....

where were we....

well my best thing was not the proposal.see above. I think the best thing i've ever done was add the genes to my DNA that allowed me to grow braincells..............now that happened a very very long time ago      things were better then 

Yeah homie, i reflect:

I've wasted many potential children into the toe section of sport socks.

My old boy was in nepal at the time - no condoms available... no gymsocks either, so I was conceived.

I thank the day those intrepid travelers met each other. As a result, here I am.  B)

• Like 2

I reported msa for those types of posts ages ago.

I believe he is farming us for YouTube views.  

• Like 4