The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halcyon Daze

salvia docco tonight sbs2

Could be a load of crap.

Hamilton's pharmocopia

Tonight (Tuesday ) sbs 2

at about 9:15

I thought it was good. Presenting all sides of Salvia use, contrasting the polarity between Western abuse, with Salvia utube viral vids seeing it banned, to the lovely woman shaman he eventually found who gave him a traditional ceremony, from wild plants that he ritually collected.

He had a overwhelmingly blissful experience, that he pronounced was the best plant experience of his life.

A big call for this likable nerd who seems to get among it, and knows all THE chemists and chemistry.

He summarised by saying what lots of us have known by saying Salvia does not like being burned or smoked.

Chewing and swallowing Quids, up to 30 leaves, is the go.

I must say, the space held and songs sung by the Shaman, really guided him deep.

Im really enjoying this Pharmocopia series, Hamiltion is really genuinely passionate and informed, and he is doing substances that are more obscure. The ones ive seen on PCP in the States and Qualode abuse in Africa were great. He gets himself into clandestine labs, and street gangs and stuff.  He de-tabooed PCP and made it sound pretty interesting.

That VICE mob are making decent stuff for the Television.

• Like 13

Niceee I'll have to check out the salvia one. Seen the Mandrax smoking in africa and the pcp american one. Hamiltons Pharmacopia has come a long way since the early youtube pilots back before vice even was on television. It'd be cool if you could get those same South African Pharmy pills in Aus - I'm interested to see how some snowcones would go.

I've only just heard about sallyd quids in the last couple of weeks. I was always under the assumption that smoking the extract was the only way to get an effect, and that the effect was wayyy too full-on
(never tried it myself), so I never pursued this plant. Sounds like it has some interesting potential, not sure on the legality of growing it in Aus though?

Edited by Skellum
  • Like 1

Hey Skellum. Hope you're well and all is tranquil in your space. :)

Yeah, Sal is illegal here. Ironically I think it was a talk by Terrence McKenna which spread the word (in the U.S. first, then here) which then brought it to the attention of The Mind Police, though I never tried to prove the connection. In any case, the FDA followed by our TGA were quick to schedualize.

http://www.shaman-australis.com.au/Website/law/SalviaInTrouble.htm

• Like 2

I liked it, interesting guy and he wanted to explore and learn rather than just get smashed off it.

Moral of the docco was don't smoke that bloody extract shit, use respectfully, preferably just chew it traditional style. :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 5

I watched this one a few months back when someone uploaded to youtube and thoroughly enjoyed it. Hamilton did justice to this wonderful herb and showed it in the best possible light, I definitely agree that buccal/sublingual is the most therapeutic route with Salvia.

On another note, I can't get the videos to play in sbs on demand past the ads in either safari or chrome, it goes to play and then jumps back to the initial screen :unsure:

• Like 1

I met a chick years ago who said she only ever chewed fresh leaf followed by rolling a spliff. Nothing concentrated or extracted etc, all natural. She said it felt wonderfully healing and medicinal that way.

Wish it was still legal to grow and admire such fascinating plants.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 7

I lost track of how many Salvias I sent to people on this forum and elsewhere when they were legal.  They are a strange plant & they seem to choose their owners. It was almost standard for people to kill the first batch I sent them & sometimes the second as well.  A few were lucky enough to be successful with just one plant.t

Some people in what seemed like perfect tropical/subtropical climates couldn't get one to survive & others in the most hostile environments had no problems

I had them for years and they grew like weeds and then when I lost interest in them it was like they gave up on me and last one I had died.

A salvia and narrow qat smoothie was my personal favourite.

• Like 5

Hey InnerPathsToOuterSpace didn't work in opera browser when i tried but worked in chrome with no vpn on i think it needs to load the ads to work as they where being blocked in opera.

Hey od101010,

The ads at the start ran fine but not the program itself which I found odd. I'll check if it might be ad blocker related anyway, thanks mate!

Hey Sal,

That's me! I tried numerous times to grow sally and she inevitably keeled over and died on me. I tried at least 3-4 times, haha. Always was in spring going into summer and I couldn't maintain her with the jump between super hot days to mild weather in my neck of the woods (coastal Northern NSW). I'm admittedly a total novice greenthumb (more like brown thumb). 

T'was a bummer as I almost always had great experiences with the plain leaf and home made tincture, the plain leaf that SAB was selling when it was legal during a legal loophole in 2013 was potent stuff!

In the doco, the plant only grows in the wild in one area on earth.

All the plants shown, whether in a lab or the wild look pretty scrappy.

A moth eaten looking thing seems its natural state.

No wonder its fickle to grow here.

Interesting Sall, Ive had a few flourish, but then fade after a few years, maybe cause I was ignoring it shamanically.

I guess it was the first time I'd seen pix of the plant growing in the wild.

As expected it was thriving in a moist shady gully, pretty much half in the running water.

It would be hard to recreate those conditions, even in a greenhouse, you'd struggle to provide that kind of fresh running water. Many plants will only grow in moving water and dwindle away in still water ( eg watercress). Some plants even require seasonal flooding to remove toxins they put into their own surrounding soil ( Crinum spp). Who knows if any of this applies to divinorum or not.

Then there is the air movement, I believe that the breeze alone plays a big role for many plants. There's the temp, humidity, and the light movement of the air that would all be difficult to coordinate/replicate. I remember some people having success using evaporative coolers in their greenhouses.

Also the other thing hard to replicate is the way plants get so big, flop over and re-root while still attached to the mother plant. Maybe just growing new cuttings every couple of years would be enough to keep 'em fresh.

The biggest/ healthiest plants I ever saw were growing outside in a shady moist position on a commune in Nthn NSW. The conditions were lovely and the plants were perfect.

• Like 2

I think I would have had much better success if I lived closer to, or up in the ranges of the caldera of Wollumbin, living right on the coast seems to alternate too much in humidity for sally. I always wondered what would happen if I were to plant a stand of sally up in the temperate cloud forests of the Springbrook plateau (around 1000m elevation). Obviously not the greatest idea as far as introducing a non native species to a national park but as a thought experiment it'd be interesting to see if she'd thrive in those conditions. Probably the closest she'd get in the SE QLD/NNSW area to the sierra mazateca.

The closest I got to success with sally was when I got a plant that already was established somewhat. Didn't have any luck whatsoever if I had to establish it myself. 

Edited by InnerPathsToOuterSpace

the bit about the enveloping blue light/haze/swirling entity was dead set spot on. a powerful teacher will cane you if your intention is not up to scratch. the little old shaman mother surrounded by her religious icons melding the two worlds would be one setting i'd like to have experienced .

hamilton's earlier stuff used to irritate me but he's abit older now - still dorky as a fruitbowl at a salad party but hey,  respect must be earned

-when it was not noticed in oz - i used to see alot of sad plants just covered in scale all along those pretty square stems. The little brown critters would literally suck the life out of them. the best examples were - as @Halcyon Daze describes...ie near running water with lots of fresh air moving around. insects love the leaves but as stated previously, the plant has a nifty habit of easily growing many new shoots from it fallen branches. Also i'm not too sure about its status as a more' feminine' plant teacher....it literally will either like you or not but that in itself might be a true reflection at where you are at in your own life a that point.......maybe?

Edited by etherealdrifter
added some more info
  • Like 3

what's going on with this series?  as far as i know, It hasn't been on for a few weeks.  then it pops up again but it's just a repeat of the last one about the legendary 'Darrell'.

• Like 2

He did one season, and VICE are tossing up whether to fund the making a second one CrayZ we may never see him again... Not on vice anyway...

Edited by Skellum