The Corroboree
Zedo

Muscle relaxant plants

So I hurt my neck... some how. I'd say a combination of bulk garden work and a bad sleep position triggered it. Getting out of bed (and into bed) is the worst. Took me a good half hour yesterday and today of slow rolling and sub screaming in pain to get out. 

I'm getting a remedial massage (though finding a good person who knows what their doing is hard) today, but I'm extremely stiff. 

While I hate pharma, ive had to resort to panadol to give some relief. Trying to relax the muscle is the biggest problem I feel. A beer and a massage from Mary helps to a degree, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a natural muscle relaxant I could get, buy, or grow to help me to whatever extent. 

Honestly high CBD weed is one of the best natural relaxant/pain relief plants out there. I have shoulder problems and it actually beats opium for my pain, though combining a bit of both is optimum. I think the CBDs probably have some anti-inflammatory properties in addition to the relaxation and pain relief. Make some strong edibles and chill. You can try some neck stretches and alternating hot and cold compresses (15 minutes each). Good luck and fast healing.    

• Like 5

Corydalis extract 80% tetrahydropalmatine from SAB/Koda? It smokes nicely

Mulungu alkaloids?

Bit of kava?

Get stuck in to the frankincense 70% boswellic acids from Customised Health Essentials and some curcumin?

• Like 1

ice. (the old fashioned kind). wrapped in a tea-towel.  add a nice cup of tea and your fave MJ.

• Like 4

There's some good suggestions above.

The McKenzie neck extension exercises work well for many neck problems. This vid about the man himself starts out talking about back problems but quickly moves on to neck pain and shows what to do about it.

• Like 1

Thanks. I thought CBDs would work, and well, to a degree they did. But I found more so for pain relief, as does panadol etc. sorta wish I bought back some kava from Fiji now - although I really didn't find it to do too much to me when I partook in a kava night where we were staying. Nothing more than a tingle on the lips. 

So so far the best thing Ive found is a quality remedial massage, heat pack and stretches. I think the muscles were so wrecked they weren't going to loosen up any other way.

I've found that kava can be surprisingly strong if taken on an empty stomach, and in large enough quantities. Doesn't hurt to chase it with something greasy to help with absorption either.

• Like 1

Yeah maybe my experience was tailored to the setting. I wasn't aiming for 'going to far' etc. it was before dinner, and all the Fiji people working at the resort (tiny little island in the yasawas not the mainland) sat and played guitar, ukeulili, and sorta like size between. Huge kava bowl. Like I could almost bath in it lol. But yeah went high tide and tsunami all the way more than I counted. It was easy to see how a culture based upon family, sharing, peace and all those good things when having their traditional substance, it bonded the energies created and made it warm and fuzzy. 

• Like 1

I've found that kava can be surprisingly strong if taken on an empty stomach, and in large enough quantities. Doesn't hurt to chase it with something greasy to help with absorption either.

i;ve had great experiences with a brand called 'klin' kava. it's a concentrate and works a treat........many thanks to the person who got me on to it - you know who you areB)

• Like 1

Re Kava, there is thompsons brand tablets. I've personally found them useless so that isn't a recommendation. You can get hold of the real thing within Australia occassionally but its never strictly within the law.

Edited by Slocombe
spelling and gramatical errors

I thought it was legal. Especially since your allow to bring 2kgs back per person from Fiji. 

Not to rub salt in the wound, but in NZ we can buy it by the kilo from spice shops!

• Like 1

Wow. I came back 8th Jan 2017. lucky I didn't bring any back, despite no warnings and even a customs officer in Fiji said it was fine. Well it would have been fine. A big fine.

fuck you government. Fight for the people, not against them. 

• Like 1

Not to rub salt in the wound, but in NZ we can buy it by the kilo from spice shops!

Love NZ. Can't wait to go back for another holiday. 

• Like 1

Wild lettuce and ginger tea, look for any lactuca serriola or lactuca virosa  growing around and simmer fresh leaves down into a brew, it grows all over aus as a weed, just make sure its not from an area that might have been sprayed with roundup.