The Corroboree
TommyChesnutt

Can we talk about Nutmeg?

Nutmeg is remarkably psychoactive. Two years ago I consumed a whole nut to help me sleep.

Chewed up in halves, with milk, whole nut.

Woke up the next morning seeing halos on my room posters, feeling very stoned. It's legal, legit, and I suppose relatively safe, after doing extensive research.

In fact, it seems even if you try and kill yourself, you'll have a hard time doing it on nutmeg (not recommended, though).

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924933816016187

There are two deaths on record. Both questionable as to nutmeg being the cause. But be informed, do your own research.

Alexander Shulgin, RIP, talked a lot about TMA being created in the liver.

Also this gem from last year, showing an action that is essentially cannabinoid re-uptake inhibition. Explains a lot.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/13880209.2016.1194864

Ultimately, there's a lot in nutmeg, and it varies from nut to nut, season to season.

Also this from the search engine, from Mr Corroboree himself. A lot of great info here. I can relate.

A couple of points, regarding safe use in my own historical experience.

- A five gram whole nut seems to be a decent experience. More is subjective, but for me delerium-territory.

- Powder is bunk.

- 6-8 hour onset, lasts a day and a half.

- Nutmeg is an incredible aphrodisiac. Combine a cannabinoid amplifier with a circulation-promoter and you get that, i suppose.

- Drink water, don't drive, it's a drug = set + setting paramount. be responsible if you choose to use.

Education is the answer.

Pure nutmeg is illegal in Saudi Arabia, because... well, religion says psychoactivity is bad. No surprises there, but that's another conversation.

http://www.bakkah.net/en/nutmeg-the-spice-is-an-intoxicant-khamr.html

Anyone else with nutmeg experience? Would appreciate thoughts, references, discussion...

• Like 2

- Powder is bunk.

I used nutmeg several times, and I found powder to be quite effective, and easier to ingest large quantities of. I would swirl a bag (I think 25g) around in a glass of water and gulp it down. Definitely gave a good stoning feeling for at least a day. I was concerned about the reported deaths, even if the circumstances seemed dubious, so I only used it a few times and then stopped; I just didn't want to risk it when there seemed to be such little research into it.

• Like 3

We went "nuts" with Meg when I was 17, it's no joke. If it wasn't for the aftertaste...

Lots of good threads on the topic by oilman and 69ron at the nexus.

Space paste is where it's at...

• Like 3

LOL...touched it a few times and never touching it again:wink:

I am similar to Glaukus, was young and cavalier.

Ate a shitload of chopped whole nutmeg out of a tin, would have been "several" nuts...lol

My experiences were nearly always an OD....fucked me up incapable....for days.

At those levels did take me places though.....seen some shit...lol

If I did it now, like I did then I'd reckon it would kill me.

From the physical responses to massive amounts, I have no doubt it can kill a man.

Dose makes the poison:wink:

EDIT - will also add there has been periods where Oz inmates prized nutmeg as high quality contraband

EDIT - found powdered to be meh, whole nutmeg to be WTF

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 4

nutmeg is for lasagna . serious a small pinch yeah -otherwise it makes the sugo too sweet.

that small orange ball went was way too much long in time to just eaten without it mixed in the lasagna sauce

yeah - it was a youth thing.  young and... broke.

oooooooh those nutmeg burps [shudders]

• Like 1

I remember hearing back there a while that oilahuasca was all the rage amongst the cool cats, just don't really know what that means, but I reckon nutmeg is a possible suspect. Archetypal chai ingredient in my book as well. :wink:

• Like 1

I remember hearing back there a while that oilahuasca was all the rage amongst the cool cats, just don't really know what that means, but I reckon nutmeg is a possible suspect. Archetypal chai ingredient in my book as well. :wink:

+1 for chai ;)

what does the high resemble? what is it useful for? 

and I didnt get that aphrodisiac use too... 

what does the high resemble? what is it useful for? 

and I didnt get that aphrodisiac use too... 

Hi SagixSagi.

I say all this with a grain of salt, of my own personal experience.

You shouldn't feel you need to emulate any of this until you first self-educate, or better yet, talk to your GP (although they would more likely put you on a mental health plan).

Nutmeg inebriation for me feels both drowsy yet incredibly introspective at the same time. Often there is a euphoria. 

I've found this euphoria can be pronounced by doing things that activate your body's endocannabinoid system.

This may be simple things, as eating, sexual behaviour etc. For some strange reason, eating oatmeal feels incredible.

Nostalgia seems to be a theme for me, also.

Sometimes, there is nausea, and feelings of physical imbalance, but these are typically controllable.

It can also be confusing, incredibly sedating and in high doses, one might have incredible memory loss.

Sometimes keeping a consistent neurological process going takes some effort.

It is aphrodisiac for me. Really, a-hem, "on point". This is echoed in anecdotes I've found.

It truly is an interesting substance. I can't implicate any specific comparison, but it feels like every single psychoactive drug known to man in a nut - at the same time.

If that sounds like a very confusing experience, then welcome to nutmeg.

I have only ever dosed one whole nut, using the same method as in my first post.

This will typically never be more than 6 grams. Any more and i feel overwhelmed.

What is it useful for?

Art. Music appreciation. Sex, walks in the park, enjoying sunsets, going to the beach. Enjoying life. Thinking about life. Learning about yourself.

All the usual stuff.  Preferably with a responsible friend, also dosed. Or a knowledgeable sitter.

Stay safe,

Cheers.

• Like 3

Like you just ate 2 pink mda caps chased with a half oz of charas...

• Like 1

Definitely can kill in larger amounts, never got the aphrodisiac effects from it myself, but I've heard mixing it with avocado and chilling it for some hours is supposed to bring out those qualities. 

I used Butane to extract the oil from fresh nuts a couple times. Butane (as in BHO), will pull a lot of fatty oil from deez nuts.

Here's the thing, I only ever used the oil to rub into my skin (like big T was doing back in the day). I'm pretty sure the oil could be quite deadly in the wrong hands so never ingest this stuff!

Also, I think the bad stuff may be more in the fat than the oil (cant remember for sure) but I recall discarding the slimy 'fatty' fraction and just using the liquid oil fraction for this reason.

It definitely made me warm and blurry, but I later read that it was activated by physical activity such as dancing at a rave etc.

Which I never tried, so I guess I'll never know as I'm too elderly and frail now and get around on a walking stick most days, and 'Doing Nutmeg' seems a bit too hardcore for a old coot like me .

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Ate 50g of whole nutmeg (mate did same, was 16yo), it took 3h to 4h to start working & lasted 3 days with 4 distinct phases. Initially blood red eyes, incredibly dry mouth, extreme stoning effect leading to delusions (mate thought he was playing professional soccer match with black bean tree seeds, I chased geese around & each geese had become divided into classes ie King, Queen, Jester etc). Then became euphoric & laughed for a couple of hours at a stereo connected to the longest extension lead I've ever seen (was real) blasting music out in the middle of a cow paddock whilst pouring rain. Then became incapacitated, couldn't move but still conscious. After about 12hours of death like coma, effectively turned into zombies incapable of simple sentence forming. Returned to normal on 4th day. 

Also after eating (quickly chewed small enough to wash down, not thoroughly chewed) & waiting nearly 3h, nil effect was felt so we assumed nothing was going to happen, ended up getting on a train & got off at desired train station then suddenly become hopeless people, needed constant monitoring by unaffected friends.

Nutmeg!

Edited by Leaves
  • Like 1

I felt horrible and inebriated for 36 hours on nutmeg.  Trippy sure, but mostly just sedated.