The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
stona86

any active salvias besides sally d

Hey I've been searching the sab store and I'm looking at different salvias  from my basic understanding bonfire and blaze of fire are active to an extent but can't figure out which one from the store is those species are they all salvia sp. 

Anyone have any info to share regarding the species available?

Edited by stona86

Depends on how you define active. Mystic spires definitely adds activity in a changa blend, but not so much by itself.

I guess some would say peanut butter adds activity to changa though, so...

No worries 

Edited by stona86

Black Knight is active. I was told to expect sedative effects but to be honest it was more of a mild stoned feeling. But it was definitely past baseline. YMMV though

• Like 1

Salvia Guaranitica is certainly active. Contains Cirsiliol, comparable to ambien. Works noticeably well. Only other species you'll find with any noticeable psychoactivity, imho.

• Like 2

salvia coccinea is sedative smoked 

• Like 1

@stona86 This bloke named Julian Palmer has some interesting things to say about various changa admixtures. Heres a link to his website http://julianpalmerism.com/changa/
Salvia (specifically sallyd) is apparently undesirable when mixed with caapi - way too overwhelming. If you dig a bit maybe around his ayahuasca section you can actually find a 10 minute segment about him and his brews. He did an interview for "The Feed" on SBS Viceland. Hes an Australian bloke & a pioneer in the field. Almost writes like he was the one who coined the term 'changa' - you may find it interesting.

I think hes actually on SAB - @folias is his username if I recall?

Edited by Skellum
  • Like 4

Not too sure what that plant is bro, that photo is shocking...lolol some kind of wattle?

Probably shouldn't openly discuss the notion of preparing anything containing b-carbolines for consumption as I'm pretty sure its illegal in Aus...
Heaps of peeps trading live ornamental caapi plants & beautiful native acacias for regeneration, have a geeze around the Plant Sales section.
I reckon you'll find quality info maybe at the nexus, from overseas people that can legally experiment with these fine medicines. Good luck mate, tis' a fine journey you're on.

• Like 1

Skellum, Salvia may be undesirable as it can "take over" a blend of changa, so it becomes more of a salvia journey than a "changa" journey.

FWIW, I came up with the word changa and innovated combining DMT with a blend of herbs containing a mixture of herbs and caapi vine. You can read the development of changa in my book Articulations and in Graham St John's book "Mystery School in Hyperspace: A cultural history of DMT"

• Like 8

@stona86 There you go mate, the prophet walks amoungst us.

1 hour ago, folias said:

FWIW, I came up with the word changa and innovated combining DMT with a blend of herbs containing a mixture of herbs and caapi vine. You can read the development of changa in my book Articulations and in Graham St John's book "Mystery School in Hyperspace: A cultural history of DMT"

I want to purchase "Articulations" mate. I've read some of your writings, fascinating. Wont be for a little while, but when I do reckon you could sign a copy for me? Maybe hand write a recipe in the back?   :)  would mean a lot.

• Like 1

Skellium, Sure you can message me about the book.

• Like 1

^ Sweet mate, just started spirit molecule. I'll be in contact with you in the next month or so. Thx Julian. :)

On 4/23/2017 at 3:27 PM, TommyChesnutt said:

Salvia Guaranitica is certainly active. Contains Cirsiliol, comparable to ambien. Works noticeably well. Only other species you'll find with any noticeable psychoactivity, imho.

What doses of Salvia guarantitica are people finding active?

Even though my interest in sedative plants has declined recently, on the contrary I now need pep... :P

There were questions as to how effective Salvia guaranitica would be:

That said, I want to find exactly what the "high concentrations" of cirsiliol are in the plant, I can't spot anything? It may be feasible to get 2mg/kg (active i.p dose in mice), which is quite low in human equivalence - that said, It does seem odd to me that a flavonoid is reasonably potent with it's low affinity?

Salvia guaranitica is used as a traditional medicinal plant used in Latin America as sedative. Studies demonstrated the presence of cirsiliol in its extracts and found that this flavonoid is a competitive low affinity benzodiazepine receptor ligand. Sedative and hypnotic properties of the ethanolic extracts of S. guaranitica (Medina et al., 1989) have been associated with the presence of high concentrations of the flavonoid cirsiliol and caffeic acid ethyl ester (Mader et al., 1996). Cirsiliol 2 mg/Kg, i. p. significantly decreased the number of head dips and rearings in the holeboard test, which indicates sedative action (Wolfman et aI., 1994). Moreover, cirsiliol at a dose of 4 mg/Kg, i. p., exerted hypnotic effects [1] Salvia guaranitica extracts and its active principle cirsiliol, possess sedative and hypnotic properties at a dose equivalent to 3g of the fresh leaf; cirsiliol produces these effects probably acting on the benzodiazepine receptor. [2] It also contains caffeic acid ethyl ester, also with affinity for GABAARs. The paper states: "additional active principles present in Salvia guaranitica and possessing synergistic action with cirsiliol can not be totally ruled out"

Saw a great initiative from beyondblue - they've released a Salvia guaranitica - 'Black and Bloom'.  Not only do you get a pretty plant but a traditional medicine plant. As I'm finding, these plants are tough as seem to thrive. Proceeds from the sale of Black and Bloom go to the beyondblue foundation. Hopefully more plant retailers start to sell these, first time I've spotted them.

With a hardly responsive GABAergic system and having a baseline of a really low mood, they seem mild.

Plants are relatively small but some oral experiments, in conjunction with some healthy dietary modification:

"Amistad": At 4g fresh younger leaf, easily a placebo, nothing really noted other than possible very mild relaxation

"Black and Bloom" At 4g fresh mature large leaf, it seemed very mildly calming, easily placebo. At 8g still relatively mild, easily placebo.

"Black Cobalt" mature large leaves, jumped in at 10g and this one seemed possibly more active but it was more likely I was having a slightly better day @ 7g spent morning in the garden and felt OK, easily placebo

• Like 3

I do not think s.guarantitica is active.

but I think salvia dorri is active.

people seem to fool themselves into thinking members of the salvia family are active when they are not.

I was going to grow many different types of salvia this summer to do bio asssays but none of the seeds I bought arrived.

please keep this updated on new psychoactive salvia experiences/2 dried leaf (leaves are very big) in a bong did not produce significant effects, just a placebo-like relaxation

this is from another forum

guarantitica: "Smoking 1/2 dried leaf (leaves are very big) in a bong did not produce significant effects, just a placebo-like relaxation"

20 hours ago, shenno said:

I do not think s.guarantitica is active.

but I think salvia dorri is active.

people seem to fool themselves into thinking members of the salvia family are active when they are not.

I was going to grow many different types of salvia this summer to do bio asssays but none of the seeds I bought arrived.

please keep this updated on new psychoactive salvia experiences/2 dried leaf (leaves are very big) in a bong did not produce significant effects, just a placebo-like relaxation

this is from another forum

guarantitica: "Smoking 1/2 dried leaf (leaves are very big) in a bong did not produce significant effects, just a placebo-like relaxation"

Smoking half a leaf of divinorum is unlikely to produce effects either, yet it is most definitely active. The first time I tried divinorum it was very underwhelming. Perhaps there are compounds in other salvias that are much less heat stable, maybe even orally active.

• Like 1

maybe but people have done a fair amount of experimentation and very few people report of anything encouraging.