The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Trichocereus_Rhinocerous

wanted: trich clones

Hey guys and girls I'm chasing some cuttings of a few particular trich clones I'd love to put in my garden.

Im mainly looking for Nothink, Norma, Tig, Trent, JS (pachanoi), TPQC, BK09509.2 – Huachuma de Chavin and a Zeus (does anyone know if this clone is in oz?).

Also open to other offers of nice clones.

I have quite a few cuts to trade with but can also trade money.

Many Thanks

Edited by Trichocereus_Rhinocerous
Extra requests
  • Like 1

If anyone in oz has Zeus I wanna know about it too!

Edited by Glaukus
Spelling error
  • Like 2

@Trichocereus_Rhinocerous Hey mate, heres a link to that BK09509.2 – Huachuma de Chavin:

http://herbalistics.com.au/product/trichocereus-bk09509-2-huachuma-de-chavin-plant/

Its out of stock, so maybe get in touch with the website owner to see if he has any sneaky stock left, or when new stuff will come in.

Umm its a seedling too - are direct cuts preferred over seedlings generally, when trying to capture the 'original genetics'? e.g. do seed grown perform as well as the parent/mother plant?

Off Topic:

heres a link from that same site to what looks like a massive old button cactus, down from $650 to under $500. Is that a reasonable price for a plant of that type/size/age?

http://herbalistics.com.au/product/cactus-sp-3-large-cactus/

Thanks skellum, its a good idea to email herbalistics, i may give that a go.

In terms of your question, cuttings are an exact clone of the mother plant, as trichs are self sterile it is not possible to get pure clone seeds e.g norma x norma. So for the same genetics you would need a cutting. I assume these seeds are open pollenated, hopefully in peru! I will have to email them and enquire. Hope that makes sense.

• Like 1

That is a big loph! But i wouldnt pay $500 for it. The price should depend if it is a degraft or seedgrown on own roots. Cheaper for a degraft. It would probably sell for around that price on ebay, however those prices are greatly inflated 

• Like 1

@Trichocereus_Rhinocerous Fair enough thx for that mate. I'm sort of starting to understand but I really didn't have much prior knowledge of plants so its all reallly new to me.

Just to clarify If I was to cross a Bridgesii 'Jeans' with a Bridgesii 'Cliff' how would I correctly label the seeds,
Would they be called  'Bridgesii Seeds'  or  'Pure Bridgesii Seeds'   or   'Bridgesii x Bridgesii Seeds'?    

But they would definitely not be called     'Jeans x Cliff Seeds'   as Jeans or Cliffs babies aren't cliff or jeans themselves? is that correct in laymen terms or not really?

I know this probably isn't the right place and I don't mean to crash your thread. Sry bro.

And would a degrafted loph vs a seedgrown loph have a different alkaloid profile or lesser ratio at all? is there anything other than the obvious speed of growth that is creating the price difference?

Edited by Skellum

Hi Skellum. 

To answer your questions, apparently there is a difference in alkaloid profiles with grafted and seed grown plants. I can't say this through experience but the thought process is that a seed grown plant has more time to build up alkaloids compared to a grafted plant of he same size. The time taken to grow them is where the price difference comes in though.

As for naming hybrids, the convention is to list the mother plant first, i.e. the plant with the fruit on it. So if you had a flower on Jeans that you pollinated with pollen from Cliff the resulting seeds would be labeled T. bridgesii 'Jeans' x T. bridgesii 'Cliff'. This doesn't imply that they are either Jean or Cliff but rather a hybrid of the two with Jeans being the mother. Hope this helps! :) 

Also, Rhinocerous I might be able to help you out come springtime. Get in touch with me then. :) 

• Like 1

Thx guys

Ive managed to source (mainly due to the awesomeness of members) all except the JS & Norma - and zeus which i dont thinks in oz. Thanks for the help all! :)

• Like 1

Nice one Rhino, some beautiful clone names there mate!
This community is full of hectic tricho nuts, I've gotten so many nice pieces over the last two months myself & gained some valuable knowledge too.

I'm super happy with the way things are coming along. I'll post some pix soon when my new phone is setup.

Happy gardening my friend.

• Like 1

I couldnt agree more skellum. Would love to see some pics when you get a chance.

I have recently acquired some norma also! been collecting a bit recently. Time for a slowdown over winter i think! For now anyway :)