The Corroboree

Hello all....id been sitting with this project of mine on the back burner that I wasnt really sure what to do with....I made it to spread the message that Terence voiced so passionately....to keep his voice alive and not forgotten.... with a different energy....

Ive shared it in my circle but only a few of my friends understand the point haha as it sparks some controversy with some people......so i thought maybe there are some awesome like minded people here that might appreciate it...

All the music has been done by myself with acoustic instruments...nothing digital except the reverb and mastering and of course the sample of Terence which was quite hard to level being an old recording from some hut in the amazon haha.... but have a listen...maybe some of you will resonate with it....

Peace :D

Tear_apart_the_earth.mp3

Tear_apart_the_earth.mp3

Tear_apart_the_earth.mp3

• Like 12

...maybe some of you will resonate with it....

WP_20170305_16_45_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20170305_16_45_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.21e9350aca1fda2ddfebfe625028ddbb.jpg

WP_20170305_16_45_44_Pro.thumb.jpg.21e9350aca1fda2ddfebfe625028ddbb.jpg

• Like 3

Thats a tricky one to interpret Manu haha :D

Thankyou all though..... i am stoked to see it appreciated here...i wasnt sure what to expect....cheers!

• Like 1

It sounds like to me the story of Christ in the Amazon. It's very moving.

• Like 4

Hey Alchemystic.

I reckon Terrence Mckenna should be taught at school, as a module in a subject named "Environmental Consciousness and How To Save the World". It should be taught to every year level just as math and English are. There are those in the education system already bringing the topics into the classroom (I'd love to see kids thrown the challenge of disecting and analysing some of Terrence's shorter dialogues). 

Love the piece, man; that is some awesome work. I doubt you'd find too many folk here who would disagree with the message and it's importance. I think one of the great things about sharing your work here is, through the discourse we may come up with better and more effective means of spreading the message. And while the enemy are those who would rather save capitalism and forsake the earth, the real challenge is getting the message through to those who don't know about it, are not interested in hearing it and don't really care.

I have a friend I've known for near 40 years. She's a good mother, honest, caring etc, your average suburban house wife and mum. I made a comment to her about the extent of environmental damage done by the Mt Whaleback iron ore mine in WA and she couldn't believe I would be concerned for that. It isn't that she supports mutinational companies destroying the environment and poisoning the earth for the sake of making money; she just doesn't give a fuck. She doesn't think it's important or that it is doing that much damage anyway.

I found her final comment on the subject a bit strong and it did surprise me; "Fuck the tree-huggers. They're a bunch of hippies who are too lazy to get real jobs, pay taxes and contribute to society and they cost us money and jobs, they're a public nuisance and they get in the way of progress. All for what? Just to save a couple of trees and some fucking endangered gnat or rodent"

These types of people are the challenge because they're the majority and they're the ones raising the next generation. They have no interest in listening to Terrence or his message, nor any hope of actually understanding his language (Though I admit I have a thesaurus web site open when I'm listening to or reading him). 

We're spreading the message and raising awareness, though I think everyone would agree the change is not happening fast enough. It's harder to make some people worry more about the environment than the ecconomy, and you can't blame them because that's the main focus of this society.

I hope this thread keeps going strong.

• Like 1

Hi Insequent,

Thank you for your kind words on the piece....

Ah we can dream cant we...Terence in the classroom....Unfortunately with the education system not being all that educational i don't see it happening anytime soon....unless our idea of "schooling" were to undergo some serious revision haha....The Mushrooms for the masses quote is a good one i think.....quite a schooling in itself haha certainly educational...... :P

For me music is my way of bringing back my experiences, well i try....Terence could describe and pontificate so beautifully and accurately his perspectives for us to bathe in but he did admit his pain of not being a great artist outside of his ability to explain his views to us, he made us laugh and made us cry, he was still an artist.....and thats where i think the responsibility falls on the people who can create something different to show society, something beyond our language barrier, to pause the neurosis for a moment of clarity and perhaps shift perspectives....if only for a moment.... 

This was just an experiment and my own way of honoring the man himself....gotta keep carrying the torch...anyway we can....

The woman you described sounds to me like a very clear reflection of how ignorant and in denial our collective consciousness really is....how deep that part of ourselves truly is lost and asleep in the deepest of slumbers......this is the severity we face and as Terence said " The question is can we change our minds fast enough"

This shadow part of ourselves is always going to be present and we will always face neurotic behaviors, dogmas and stigmas ...that is the challenge....to maintain compassion and not lose your footing and to keep going and create something beautiful to share that people will feel in their hearts, something real....the mind is lost...distracted....entertained and saturated with over stimulation...

Insanity is a perfectly normal reaction to an insane environment....We have tumbled down this rabbit hole now we have to find our way out... The only way we can do this is together, so this is the part of myself that is reaching in and reaching out, reaching out to embrace the random, reaching out to embrace whatever may come.......in this case thats you :D

Thank you for your support, it truly gives me hope. 

• Like 2

This is a 2nd project.... little bit trickier sample but i like it.... maybe you guys will also :P

This is my sound cloud where ill be posting future Terence projects and other influenced expressions:

All though ill probably still continue to post them here also....feel free to check it out :)

Peace.

Redemption_~_Terence_Mckenna-_A_Crisis_in_Consciousness.mp3

• Like 2

Alchemystic,

My man that was breath taking I love the didgeridoo mate something about that instrument is so mesmerising and raw, every time I hear it been played if feels so primal and spiritual.

Keep it coming :wub:

• Like 1

Its nice getting to listen to a cool bit of music and a choice mckenna clip at the same time.

• Like 1

Thankyou guys :) i make my own didges as most of the music i write is in 432hz i make the didges mostly to that hertz when i tune them...they are incredible, simple and beautiful instruments... ive been trying to put a slightly more serious but still heartfelt and sincere mood to some of Terence's work... different than other music i have heard using his magic.. i feel everything he said during his time with us is even more relevant and urgent in todays society and culture and should continue to be heard in whatever form continues to carry his voice...

Im stoked you guys appreciate it as it is purely experimental... This is exactly the kind of feedback that gets me charged to keep it going....

Find the others! Haha :P

• Like 1

I listened to over half of it while I was on my break then ran out of time I'll listen to the rest later.

The flute and didgeridoo are hypnotic when played togethe. I think it was really nice but the didgeridoo I believe it should always take centre stage (be the loudest).

sounded good thanks

• Like 1

Al. This is incredibly beautiful. Thank you so much for creating and sharing.

Now, as much as in any time in our distorted understanding of history when suffering has been so widespread and pervasive, we need to raise our consciousness above the material, reconnect with ourselves and each other, with nature, and embrace the Love.

The way you reiterate McKenna's message in your art moves me to tears of hope, man. I am deeply grateful.

Respect.

• Like 1

Insequent...

Thank you.... Hope is all we have....its all that keeps me going through doubt and bias stigmas our culture imposes, the idea of matching everyone else's vibration....for the illusion of comfort..... seeing the 1000 yard stare in the faces of alot people around me, empty, in a state of neurosis, that we all bare witness to... those of us that can see....

Hope passed on from those who walked this path before us.....consciously..... thats what i feel in Terence's words and i hope that reiterating some of his work will spark and ignite new flames within myself and others who may or may not otherwise be exposed to this liberated perspective and understanding.... i feel some responsibility to.....as understanding it makes us a part of it...consciously.....we are all part of the same story...  whether we accept it or not haha....

Its sad that so much must be reiterated.....like we are all in some kind of time lapse..... desperately trying to remember and find what was lost so long ago...

Which i believe to be Unity....complete and harmonic balance with our entire surroundings and each other...

The only way out is through... Time is change.

Peace and love :)

• Like 1