The Corroboree
Zedo

Pry-ing o-pen my third eye!

So good to see you once again - I though that you were hiding from me. 

Gonna throw this out there and see what it grows into. 

Ive incorporated meditation into my life ever since my awakening (debateable term but I'm gonna roll with it). Pretty much for the last year and a half I've done at least 15mins a day. Miss a few days here and there and usually sit for 30-45mins. Some days I've done multiple sits for up to an hour or so each. But it's become a part of my life. 

When I look back to when I started, I remember sitting in the dark just trying to stop the ramblings in my head. I'd try lots of different tactics to mediate and begin to form what worked for me. The experience I had that led me to begin mediating taught me what it was, how it's done, what it feels like and what your aiming to achieve... well in th way that those experiences do.

Everything... And I mean everything lined up and made complete sense at that time in a way that's uncomprehendable. It was like being shown how a puzzle goes together, then given to you in pieces to try figure it all out again. So that's what I did. Well what I'm doing. 

Some people have asked me 'what sort of meditation do you do?' Generally I get these questions from people who have never investigated meditating first hand. But some are versed in these manners and I've never really understood how there are 'types' of mediation. I perceive it as all as mediation in the true sense of itself. Sure there's breath work, or energy manipulation or though stilling or yoga or whatever but ultimately I see them as a different road to reach the same point. What works for one may not for another and hence the 'types' of mediation. Maybe I'm misguided on my view but that's is my perception. 

Ive had some weird and amazing sensations or experiences while meditating - some repeatable some I've never had again. Once I moved from root to crown slowly and opened each level then dropped back to root and i could feel a sensation as if the energy below me was rising up in a circle around me about a meter in radius. Almost like it was raining upside down or the earth was trying to repel rather than attract. I could feel the deep dark red in a third diamentional view radiating around me. I sorta had a thought once it was like Thor striking the ground and the ground shook dust rose and the vibration emanated out from the centre. Very very hard to explain it it was very powerful. But hope that gives you an idea.

As I got better and better at meditating, I'd get more and more visuals, sensation, control and be able to get deeper quicker. Then I got to a point where I would get white flashes to the point where my head would be engulfed in a blinding white light. Even glimpsed the puzzle picture door once. At first I had to open my eyes to see if there was an external light source. 95% of my meditation are before bed in the dark, no lights. And even today there are times I have to verify there's nothing shining on me. But slowly I'm rewiring my brain to know it's not an external source so that I can distinguish the internal from external and carry on. 

This is where I'm asking for your experience, opinions, or just other perspectives 

Im now at the point where I perceive that I can open my third eye. Let me see if I can explain this in a way that can be correctly interpreted.

You have 5 obvious senses as we're told and the 6th apparent untold sense we don't obviously recognise. The way I see life is with my eyes. As like most of us. So my life, my entire perspective of everyday life, my centre of direction, my view point, my... my eyes... I am my eyes. You are your eyes. It's your window to the world. Think about it - then realise your thoughts are actually coming from above your eyes. Yes that's it you guessed it... the brain lol... or I'd rather use the term the mind.

But you don't perceive with your mind. It's the processor, the central hub, to gather what is perceived from the other senses, then relayed back to you in the voice and image in your head. And what other ways it does this. 

So so before I proceed look at it this way. Blind guy. From a very young age I've always wondered, 'what does a blind person see?' And 'what does a deaf person hear?'. I know their blind and or deaf but what replaces that perception. So a blind guy can't see so how could he be his eyes. He can't. He would most likely be his ears - or nose to a degree... I don't know. But if he is his ears, then he would perceive from the sides of his head as the main focus rather than the front. Make sense?

So what I'm saying is I can move my perception to my brow. But in doing this my eyes involuntarily... switch off? It's like my eyes either roll down or up or god knows where and my perception has shifted. But upon trying to 'look' around my eyes sorta fire on and off and I feel like I'm all crazy googley eyes until I find a perception spot whether it's my eyes or brow. With enough focus you can 'look' around slowly by what feels like a cross between looking horizontal/vertical and widening the field of view. But once again I think this requires a bit of brain rewiring to know it's not visual from your eyes so that the energy used to move your perception there isn't wasting as much on switching off your eyes. 

Ive heard/read people look up at their brow to open their third eye. I've never done this as a common practice while meditating. I've tried but I felt this was a misinterpreted truth when I tried. So to me the aim was focus there not look there. Which yes while it's easier to focus on something your looking at... it's not your eyes that perceive this experience. So when I say my eye switch off and move (sometimes up) involuntary, I don't think it would be them getting stressed and conking out on ya staring straight up trying to 'see' the light. 

Maybe this is the sixth sense. If it was, I would probably call it focus.

Thoughts? 

Edited by Zedo
  • Like 7

A tip I learned from a girl I used to work with in my teens was to wet the forehead above/afront of the third eye

(which is a pain when it dries- if you're not in "the zone" before it dries and thus needs a bit of re-wetting , perhaps a slower drying thing would be useful like some religions have kinda painted on by the looks of it)

this helped a lot in focusing on said third eye,.. and seems to help folk in general 

I like your technique a lot and really enjoyed the read..

great post man to wake to today , thank you for sharing your experience of "tek" 

• Like 4

Types of meditation is an interesting point. I think in that regard it comes down to the underlying intention behind the practice, than the specific practice itself. Breath work can be used in a variety of approaches and destination even though it is still only one 'type' of meditation.

I have felt intuitively on certain multi dimensional scales from Buddhist and Hindu traditions and then made my own assumptions on what is taking place. 

To my investigations I feel there is a specific difference between the modern Buddhist traditions and ancient ones such as the Gelugpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism. My understanding has to do with access to greater levels of creation and the limited levels that I feel have been available over these time periods.

To put it simply where I saw the annihilation of these structures that connect these levels, I also saw techniques that would drill holes in order to travel leading to significant damage that prevented superseding the Atman.

Edited by manu
  • Like 1

The foveal spot is the same third eye practice I use because the way it is linked into a merkaba / light body structure.

Edited by manu

is it fucked up that I dont feel the need to stop my inner-head ramblings? 

• Like 2

My good friend Dimitri always knows how to pry my third eye right open...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ThunderIdeal said:

@Zedo how's it going?

Rather open ended question lol. 

Up and down, in and out, over and out but still kicking about?

Ive neglected my meditations since I bought my first house. And endless renos, landscaping and just in general 'hard work' has worn me thin. Although this last week due to the rain and my depression I actually did a few sits. It's almost like more is less sorta jive. First sit was quite visual and could feel every vibe through my body and could stop the voice in my head to focus more energy to each centre. Then each subsequent sit was of lesser effect - or prehaps just exhausted from life holding me down. 

Like anything I know I'll/it'll get better with time but since 'living in the moment' has become more a norm for me now, some days just feel endless...

• Like 2

On 7/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, sagiXsagi said:

is it fucked up that I dont feel the need to stop my inner-head ramblings? 

Your question made me remember a meditation/practice that was given to me by a yuwipi medicine man. It involves using your inner-head ramblings so that fact that you have them is all the better.

First, you go out in the woods and you find a secluded area where you can be alone with nature. You search out a tree, cacti, etc. to commune with. You really have to find that which seems to attract you the most. You explain to that tree, cacti, plant that you will visit each day for 30 days and commune with it. You will talk out loud to the plant as if it were a person for those 30 days. You will explain at the start that at the end of those 30 days you will spend time with another plant that ideally will be found within eyesight of the other. Now the kicker is this other plant is that it should not attract you. You will talk to that plant which does not attract you on that first day as well and explain that you will spend 30 days with it after the first 30 days with the other. You will commune with it in the same manner. Total time is thus 60 days. I was told that it was imperative that you find a time when you could be there each day and commit to it. If you missed a day you had to not only finish, but do an additional 60 days. I.e. you had to repeat the procedure. You were to treat that plant just lie another person. Talk to the plant person each day in person and bring it offerings of water, a few kernels of food, etc. if you wished. You could pray with the tree.... i.e. you were going to form a bond with these trees.

This is relate to the concept that we are all related. But it is a bit more complicated than that. Your mind is like a web with thoughts interconnected on that web. Different spokes of that web connect to your center. In the same manner, we are all a part of a larger spoke and those spokes on the medicine wheel are all interconnected... you can think of that as a larger web. This brings us to iktomi the spider or spider medicine. But it also brings us to a concept that if we are all connected and we are all related that fostering that connection can bring us into harmony with our inner self and or nature as there really is little difference in one aspect if one thinks like this. 

At any rate, I was told that if I could do this and not tell a single soul other than the two plant people involved what I was doing that I would find proof of the effectiveness of this procedure in those two months time as my friends and family would start to note how I had changed during this time. So, the keeping of this from others was part of ensuring that it worked as otherwise how could you be sure that your family and friends were not simply telling you something you wanted to hear?

Fast forward... I remember sitting there so still on some days that the chipmunks would actually come and sit on my lap. This was after the talks and I would simply sit there and be content to be there with nature. I remember trying to move to touch a chipmunk and the little guys would just scurry away quicker than lightning it would seem. Either that or I was just slow. Still, it amused me to have chipmunks sitting on me at times. I also remember seeing little sparks of white light from time to time doing this exercise... not often, but they were definitely perceived. The ability to effect the mind or change ones thoughts and how one relates to the world begins often begins with our own internal dialogue. We play the same busted ass recording over and over and that is us... that busted ass recording. We fail to realize that there are other record labels out there or that we can change the one we are listening to in a real and meaningful way and when that switch happens you know the switch has been flipped. Your thinking and how you perceive or think about the world... it is all related. 

• Like 3

I should have been more analytical... I have thought about meditation and if I need it a lot of times. People tell you that meditation is awesome and that you should benefit.. I keep finding my self thinking and wondering about this... I am pretty sure meditation is something pretty foreign to me..  I very seldom just sit there, doing nothing, just breathing...  And I cant really imagine forcing my self to start doing this... 

I dont really feel I want to change, nor that I want to stop my head from thinking all the time... I actually like my self and my path, what I am is largely a result of my path..

on the other hand I feel it could 'help' in changin some perspective, perhaps in not being so overly cynical as person? this is a gut feeling though

but my mind is not thinking the same things over and over... it is just that my mind is very active and almost agressive...  but those things i am thinking are pretty interesting and definately not self-harming... they are varied stuff, according to my many interests and persuits...

I read recently that the main goal of buddism/ meditation is to stop yourself from having desires... I can understand that in the psychological sense, but to me, not having desires at all seems like a really boring situation... Of course if one is plagued by desire and needs that haven't been met, then I can see the obvious benefit in stopping desire and just letting go... But all in all, I suppose a desire-less state is the end goal that is not going to be archieved, so again its the path that is important .. 

I will add two more things, which I think are relevant

1. one of the few times I dont have inner talk, is when I go to the forest to pick mushrooms.... when I am with some friend, I like to talk from time to time, and I can be extremely talkative even at the forest... but in general, especially when alone, the inner dialogues stops completely.. this feels like a meditation like state.... but its not relaxed - you are walking in the forest, so the muscles are not relaxed - BUT THE HEAD IS!!! Maybe this is one of the reasons mushrooms picking has always felt so psychologically nurturing to me, not unlike my music making which again I felt has been for over 20 years a psychotherapy for me.... Note I was never diagnosed with anything psychological, and I always thought making music always played a role in me being healthy... 

2. a couple years ago, a friend introduced me to I-ching... he had a book.. so I tried it, even though it seemed somewhat stupid to me... I threw the coins thinking my question, and the result was 63, which more or less said "you have almost reached the end, you are one step before competion"  and generally presented a situation of a person a couple steps before completion... That description felt right even though I dont remember now the exact question I had in mind, but it was something in regards to me like "why am I like that, why am I that cynic, etc" .... Sure you will say a coincidence, I liked what the text told me... In any case, I still feel like this, and maybe I understand this more now... 

3. last years I am realising that indeed I have less and less desires... could it be that I traveled to this through a completely different path?  aint cynicism a weapon to this path? 

• Like 3

@sagiXsagi It sounds like meditation does not have to be doing nothing and just breathing. You can walk and pick mushrooms and that can indeed be your meditation. You can shoot an arrow from a bow and that can be your meditation. You can lift weights and that can be your meditation. You do not stop yourself from having desires. You can however let go of those desires for a moment and simply be in the act of mushroom picking. You can be content with being focused on the act of mushroom picking and that becomes all that there is in that eternal moment. You do not need to turn off your inner talk. You can simply let it go. I think you need cynicism then perhaps you need it. If you need a distrust of others and that helps you then keep it. Cynicism is just a small step away from skepticism. 

• Like 4