The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Drildo

Australian mushroom casing & supplement website

Check this link out guys: http://legro.com.au/

On their homepage there's a red hyperlink to either Topterra Mushroom Casing, or Mushroom Supplement.

- The Topterra Mushroom Casing sounds like quality sourced peat moss PH balanced with lime.

- The Mushroom Supplement sounds like some kind of slow/delayed release proteins derived from soybean. Meant to increase yield (up to 30% apparently).

Wonder if these products would be applicable to the dungies' we love and adore?

Anyway I think they are only available on a commercial basis, I see their products come in 25L bags (if desired) but I doubt you could purchase just one bag.

Anyone know anything about this mob?

Its got a brand name, and it comes from the Netherlands though man. its gotta be good, right? :P

Soybeans aye, that's a new concept...

My Mrs always told me anything soy related is pure evil. Maybe the mushies are easier to please :unsure:

Not that I've grown a heap of edibles but the gypsum peat casing is pretty standard and I've used it a few times experimenting.

The soy meal thing was new to me too. I'm getting ready to grow some woodlovers and straw lovers in the autumn period and am starting to research better substrates. Soy and alfalfa are two meals that keep popping up and seem to be used at 5-20% depending who's Grow log you read. 

I was going to swap out the gypsum in a few recipes for powdered shellgrit too and see how that goes. I'm just trying to use what's on hand in my supplies..

RE the soybeans she is sorta correct, most of it is GMO... for example I cannot purchase organic non gmo meals in australia as there is no demand for them. So the majority of these by products are produced from GMO crops. The GMOs all vary, some are roundup ready some have say BT inserted for pest resistance. The only meal that didn't pass my microbe tests (aka would beneficials microbes digest them fast) was cotton meal. It got rancid before anything went near it. Even EM1 (patented beneficial microbes) didn't really grow onto it... every other meal has been fine and has been munched by microbes and fungus. I would personally stick with your girlfriend and avoid roundup ready crops ;) there are complete lists online regarding which Aussie crops are gmo and what there gmo is

/fuck that was a sidetrack and a half 

• Like 2

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/business/energy-environment/deforestation-brazil-bolivia-south-america.html?mtrref=www.facebook.com&_r=1&referer=https://m.facebook.com/

funny I just saw this article on soy on Facebook... sounds like lotsa reasons to avoid soy not just certain GM types 

• Like 1

Imagine all that beautiful rain forest, and all those sacred admixture plants they are ripping out of the ground to plant GMO soybeans instead... Bloody sad mate.

Interesting about the Alfalfa and Soy that you keep seeing pop up. I might give em' a try.

I use shell grit, works a treat. slow release long term PH buffer. I don't even bother powdering it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a 7L Sistema Container I use as trays. I'd add:

-1 cup of shell grit.Shell Grit.jpg

-1 cup of shredded (desiccated) coconut.Coconut.jpg

-1 cup of dehydrated seaweed meal (sourced straight from the ocean, dried in food dehydrator and ground)Seaweed1.jpg

-1/2 cup of bee pollen.Bee Pollen.jpg

-1/2 cup of nut yeast flakes.Yeast.jpg

Add all that to about 6litres (of a 7L tray) Hpoo/Straw 60:40 ratio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hydrate with a nice bio-active soup:

To a 10litre camper canteen of STREAM WATER (rich with tea tree tannins & all sorts) I source from a local Nat Park, I add:
-100ml Healthy Earth liquid fert (its my fave organic seaweed extract with added volcanic minerals and PH balanced) Liquid Fert.jpg

-20ml Blue Planet Aquarium Rapid Start (Beneficial Bacteria for fresh water Aquariums)Beneficial Bacteria.jpg

^ You can hydrate both your PF cakes (if PCing) AND your turd trays with this soup. They love it.

Sorry if pix are crappy, I've got a budget phone.

58b4cc1554c4a_ShellGrit.thumb.jpg.576e0091a42f8e419908b213d55850ef.jpg

Coconut.thumb.jpg.8080ead7a93d1eda6dda664ba60e21a7.jpg

Seaweed1.thumb.jpg.b68bd5cf69efad8a7b578eb64537b114.jpg

58b4cc327ec96_BeePollen.thumb.jpg.4a9311b549fe22e15eb7bdd4e0f9c71a.jpg

Yeast.thumb.jpg.b947d4ca32fd88d309ab567e310db72c.jpg

58b4c98f88f30_LiquidFert.thumb.jpg.4eca49a3b0385e3942af32447b696204.jpg

58b4cc2c181df_BeneficialBacteria.thumb.jpg.d011d5b1ca409d75ef1e55b0f9befb49.jpg

• Like 2

-20ml Blue Planet Aquarium Rapid Start (Beneficial Bacteria for fresh water Aquariums)Beneficial Bacteria.jpg

This source of beneficial bacteria seems like a great idea. Although, it isn't going to do much good if it gets PCed. But, it should do nicely once its pasteurised properly.

• Like 1

This source of beneficial bacteria seems like a great idea. Although, it isn't going to do much good if it gets PCed. But, it should do nicely once its pasteurised properly.

Sweet, so I am probably wasting my time on the spawn run, but may be gaining some benefits on the bulk colonization stage? Cheers Cue

I didn't honestly consider that, and bloody good to know as this stuff isn't cheap. Its not like liquid gold, but it ain't cheap. $40something for 500ml at PETBARN I think the shop was. I use 20ml for a 10Litre bio soup, but to 'Rapidly Start' your fresh water aquarium in 3 days it recommends 15ml for 20L. So essentially I'm more than doubling the strength for mushroom application vs aquarium application. I've got nothing to show side by side comparisons or anything, but I've definitely had improved results over the months from original vanilla hpoo recipes vs these dank ass enriched recipes; Speedier colonization, at a more consistent rate with less things stalling/restarting 'start/stoping'. Fuller canopy flushes.

This has been fuckin' around with MS mind you. But now with the arrival of a new flow hood just today (Saturday couriers Woohoo!) I can begin to venture into the world of cloning and isolating.

This is where a true test of the benefits of enriched trays vs standard trays can be performed using the same isolates. Stay tuned for updates.

• Like 1

Sweet, so I am probably wasting my time on the spawn run, but may be gaining some benefits on the bulk colonization stage? Cheers Cue

Eggsactly. The PC will kill the beneficial microbes as well as the bad ones. But, user proper pasteurisation temps will only kill the bad ones.

Do you aerate your soup prior to using applying it?

I read that aerating guano with an air stone for 24 hours prior to using it really kicked off the aerobic microbes.

• Like 1

@Cue Nice... I don't aerate my bio-active soup with any kind of air stones or anything. When mixing, i give it a good shake up, and each day for about half a week after ill give it a good shake. and prior to use i shake it up. whole soup is nearly always consumed (10litres) within 3 months of making. Whilst sitting outside in shaded spot always out of direct sun, I will leave the screw top lid of the camper half cracked open for gas exchange.

I actually thought that I might be killing off the beneficial bacteria during the PC stage but didn't think too much of it considering the soup contains stream water and good quality seaweed extract which is still excellent for the PF Cakes, I also wondered if dead bacteria may provide some kind of mineral/nutrient to the myc? Then the same soup is used to hydrate the hpoo, so either way at some stage that bacteria will hopefully still be alive and working its magic. As well as being easier than mixing two batches of soup, one with bacteria, one without... just grab some from the same camper.

There is another nice straw based beneficial bacteria product I've seen sold at bunnings. Aimed toward like outdoor water feature, pond type things, only 10ml for 20litres it suggests so maybe that product contains even stronger bacteria. I will hone my techniques and develop a concrete recipe over the next few months and post back here my findings.

Beneficial Bacteria - start playing around with it guys!

Edited by Skellum

I read that aerating guano with an air stone for 24 hours prior to using it really kicked off the aerobic microbes.

How would you aerate your guano (hpoo)?

Would you put the airstone in the bottom of a bucket and dump your shredded horsepoo + a lot of water in the bucket and let the air stone blow bubbles from underneath?

The article that I read was either referring to bat guano or seagull guano, which was added to a 5 gallon bucket of water.

@Cue Wtf... for mushroom cultivation?

Bat n' gull turds are like liquid man, seagull shit is like a nasty green nugget inside a creamy tippex sauce...

Ooooh do you mean this 'guano' goes into the "bioactive soup", not the actual "hpoo substrate"? That makes a bit more sense.

What a bizarre additive. I wonder how these cultivators collect bat/gull poo? lol

We buy it from hydroponic shops.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2017 at 0:14 PM, Skellum said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a 7L Sistema Container I use as trays. I'd add:

-1 cup of shell grit.Shell Grit.jpg

-1 cup of shredded (desiccated) coconut.Coconut.jpg

-1 cup of dehydrated seaweed meal (sourced straight from the ocean, dried in food dehydrator and ground)Seaweed1.jpg

-1/2 cup of bee pollen.Bee Pollen.jpg

-1/2 cup of nut yeast flakes.Yeast.jpg

Add all that to about 6litres (of a 7L tray) Hpoo/Straw 60:40 ratio.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hydrate with a nice bio-active soup:

To a 10litre camper canteen of STREAM WATER (rich with tea tree tannins & all sorts) I source from a local Nat Park, I add:

-100ml Healthy Earth liquid fert (its my fave organic seaweed extract with added volcanic minerals and PH balanced) Liquid Fert.jpg

^ You can hydrate both your PF cakes (if PCing) AND your turd trays with this soup. They love it.

Sorry if pix are crappy, I've got a budget phone.

If anyone is reading this thread and considering using my fucked up recipe right here - avoid at all costs...

I may have had some random success in the beginning - but the last couple of months have been filled with NOTHING but failed contaminated runs...  

Keep it simple, this gourmet fairy shit was just a pipe dream I'm thinking...

On 6/13/2017 at 7:21 AM, Skellum said:

If anyone is reading this thread and considering using my fucked up recipe right here - avoid at all costs...

I may have had some random success in the beginning - but the last couple of months have been filled with NOTHING but failed contaminated runs...  

Keep it simple, this gourmet fairy shit was just a pipe dream I'm thinking...

Your nitrogen levels may have been too high.

• Like 1

it was just the fae cue, i reckon i could make that substrate work... the fae is what was killing EVERYTHING... larger holes & polyfill has fixed all my problems  :):)

love success  |  succeed the love
              EXCREDE   the   love