The Corroboree
Zedo

Flat earth debate

^ it's swiss bro - with all those holes and all

After Thunder asked "why the hate?" i spent my ( working ) day in self analysis. The thing that triggered me in the article was "illuminati". I fuckin' hate those guys. Well, not so much hate them, rather, a few years ago, clinically depressed, sober as a judge for a rather extended period, bored as fuck, I watched the Zeitgeist movie. After that, I started googling into any and every conspiracy theory I could get my computer onto; the illuminati, the reptilians, skull n bones, 9/11, anonymous, Xenu's scientology, crop circles, Ancient aliens!, you name it. So I was asking myself why? Why would this guy do something that seems so idiotic to me. what possible reason? and when he said to some reporter "Oh, well, you know, 2 astronauts from the first space program were Freemasons...therefore, ANYTHING to do with NASA is just pulling the wool over the sheeples eyes, the entire space program of every nation on earth is all trickery, the international space station doesn't even exist." or words to that effect. I became enraged. But the anger I think I'm feeling is not directed at Mr Hughes. It's directed at my previous self. The me that spent hours for months mapping out all that utter bullshit of the highest order and buying into it. I even attended a Nov. 5th Guy Fawkes rally.:slap: If I trace things back even further perhaps the original point was watching The Matrix for the first time high as a kite.

So, as of this evening, I have resumed my seat in the coliseum and am keeping my thumb to myself but watching with interest and thinking "Someone give this guy a good clean Tab! for fuck's sake!"

• Like 4

On 11/25/2017 at 2:37 PM, DualWieldRake said:

The best way to prove the earth isn't flat is a fist to the face

if you pay me i will sail to the edge in my 66 ft yacht 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 2:37 PM, DualWieldRake said:

The best way to prove the earth isn't flat is a fist to the face

I also think you don't understand a lot your new here show some manners or at least show some real evidence .I am ready to be WOKE on your reasons how celestial navigation is a fraud  

• Like 1

Anyone that's interested in pushing through their cognitive dissonance about the Flat Earth - here's a the best 6 hour documentary on it:
Eric Dubay, the guy that originally made this has now been removed from YouTube and before that was having his Subscribers removed against their will.
This documentary will clear up ALL questions.

Oh dear. Someone stab me in the fk'n brain with a spoon so my logic voice stops yelling at me.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2017 at 2:49 AM, DualWieldRake said:

You must have misread, i'm not a flat earth hipster lol

I'm a gravity denier

sorry 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, _Cursive said:

Anyone that's interested in pushing through their cognitive dissonance about the Flat Earth - here's a the best 6 hour documentary on it:

Eric Dubay, the guy that originally made this has now been removed from YouTube and before that was having his Subscribers removed against their will.

This documentary will clear up ALL questions.

It didn't simply explain how celestial navigation is a fraud and I won't believe you 

• Like 1

On 31/12/2017 at 11:11 AM, Bigred said:

It didn't simply explain how celestial navigation is a fraud and I won't believe you 

Huh?

What do you mean?

Don't worry Cursive, none of this thread makes any sense.

• Like 1

Cursive Its simple sailors use the stars and the curvature of the earth to navigate .If the earth was flat how could we navigate not one of the WOKE doco's explains this .If the earth was flat a sextant would be useless with the current system we use to dead reckon (work out where we at on the globe .

1 hour ago, Bigred said:

Cursive Its simple sailors use the stars and the curvature of the earth to navigate .If the earth was flat how could we navigate not one of the WOKE doco's explains this .If the earth was flat a sextant would be useless with the current system we use to dead reckon (work out where we at on the globe .

We would also be totally naive, we would never be able to tell that 9/11 was an inside job and the fact that money isn't attached to gold anymore because of an illegal midnight deal in the US wouldn't be well known.

Oh... wait.

• Like 1

is it time to get WOKE

srry i shd read b4 poasties ;)

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

On 1/3/2018 at 11:03 AM, Northerner said:

Don't worry Cursive, none of this thread makes any sense.

This is a good discussion, would it instead get too advanced people would start building nukes in their backyards

:huh:

The thread title "debate" is misleading. It's not the 1600's, we have evidence based science and other annoying things like that that make the topic null and void. There is no debate, just fantasy VS reality. Fantasy will always win in this situation because it can just keep making up more stuff, where reality (in effect) is finite.

Paranoid delusions are not a real discussion imho, unless we are addressing them as such or looking to help people overcome them, not arguing their merits.

(taking the piss for chuckles is acceptable also)

Edited by Northerner
  • Like 2

So "IF" the world is flat please explain the blood moon tonight in your "flat earthers" eyes.

Let me get my bong so I can get retard high to be on the same level as you first :bong: ahhhh go.....

• Like 2

Ah obviously because the sun was on the under side of the disc, use ya noggin ya dummy

• Like 3

I have an ex- who was a flat earther. At first, I laughed at him, and then he pointed to the Sceptics society, and how it was before the spherical nature of the Earth got proven, and about how I myself harbour a lot of scepticism about knew ideas.  And it took me quite some years to understand he had continued to harbour and held in reserve a false creed that perhaps the Earth was flat and we were all wrong.  I think he only wanted to believe he might by accident be proven to be more correct than the majority.  He used to buy the Fortean Times magazine, which is an interesting enough read.

But the reason I posted here, is to mention that in the new film about homeopathy, called Just One Drop, (and about how Australians were fucking up the legal status of homeopathy on a world wide scale), the bad guys, were an organization who lobbied the government to change a high level health department report, which reflected quite well upon homeopathy as having enough scientific evidence to be substantiated.  Somebody high in the bureaucracy, believed the lobbists, and the good report was trashed, and then replaced by a dodgy report, that made news world wide.  But the lobbyists, turned out to have been the same persons as who used to be a Flat Earth Society, type of organization, and had rebranded themselves as sceptics with an interest in good science.  By the time the film got released, the situation is already being reviewed by the Commonwealth Ombudsman.

Both flat earth thinking, and scepticism applied to some science but not other science, was a dumb mind control game.

Typical Australians, not letting superstition like homeopathy to run rampant. Should be burned as heretics.

• Like 3

There's no conspiracy against homeopathy gaining scientific credentials... It's because there is no scientific evidence of any effectiveness.

I'm gonna add that it's also unethical in the modern medical sense as it discourages clinically proven effective treatments.

That's some strong woo to support the woo

Edited by waterboy 2.0
Add an as
  • Like 3

I consider myself a skeptic.  How truthful that notion is, i dont know.  But ive decided that much of what passes itself as skepticism is status quo gatekeeping

Skeptics arent afraid of new ideas, because they retain some skepticism no matter how remote of whatever old idea the new idea seeks to displace.  So its rather apparent that if somebody merely aims to wholeheartedly defend an existing paradigm they have no business claiming that title.  Thats why throughout this thread, i called flat earth silly but also gave possible extreme scenarios where it might not be so silly.  i cant remember too many status quo crusaders doing the same.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, waterboy 2.0 said:

There's no conspiracy against homeopathy gaining scientific credentials... It's because there is no scientific evidence of any effectiveness.

I'm gonna add that it's also unethical in the modern medical sense as it discourages clinically proven effective treatments.

That's some strong woo to support the woo

True, there is a big risk involved in homeopathy, whenever a patient was directly discouraged from seeking the treatment of modern western medical science sponsored by nation states thereby presumed safer.

Meanwhile the World Health Organization cites homeopathy as the most widely practiced system of health care at Earth.  Particularly strongly sustained, for example, in India, Brazil, France, and Cuba where homeopathy got successfully used for a nation wide vaccination programme.

However, homeopathy will never ever be capable of gaining and sustaining the support of anybody who wants pharmaceutical companies to continue to profit.  The war against homeopaths is real and very covert since the Royal Family among other multi-millionaires are dependant upon their homeopath's prescriptions.  A lot of practicing homeopaths in Brazil are members of the UDV.  But if we are running a hard argument in our own heads, in favour of the legalization of psychedelics, becoming enabled by the desires of pharmaceutical companies to profit, then it can become somewhat difficult to simultaneously sustain belief in homeopathy.

Besides which, apparently homeopathy doesn't work so well in some unknown percentage of the population, perhaps as much as half at most.  The statistics are that homeopathy works best in very young children and animals, (and even farmers say it helps their crops).  In my own observation homeopathy doesn't work in anybody harbouring any idea of knowing how it works, and nobody can come up with the right mindset to ensure it works, it just works better when we know we have no idea how, (ie DON'T LOOK IF YOU WANT HOMEOPATHY TO BE EFFECTIVE).