The Corroboree
Zedo

Flat earth debate

The easiest way to prove the curvature of the Earth is to understand celestial navigation .A simple sextant is all you need 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bigred said:

I have a 66ft sailboat and want to start a go fund me to the edge .Top tier donations get to come along for the trip .

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people have already sailed around the world, there must be a lot of people in on this conspiracy.

Yes all us mariners keep it secret .We have a secret handshake and hide the fact that we are on a disk even though it is scientifically

impossible .But has actually crossed my mind to start a go fund me as so many idiots believe this tripe .Idiots should not be allowed to have money , plus if it takes off it would fund a kick ass Antarctic expedition

Also if Antarctica is the ring around it what would the north pole be  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crop said:

Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people have already sailed around the world, there must be a lot of people in on this conspiracy.

only about a hundred people sail across the pacific each year and probably 10 circumnavigations 

• Like 1

for his next trick he should fly a rocket to the moon to prove it's a hologram

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bigred said:

only about a hundred people sail across the pacific each year and probably 10 circumnavigations 

Yeh Bigred, ya probably about right with 10 sailboats, but travel by any boat is still called sailing. Once you think about cargo ships, the amont of people keeping this secret seems a bit unfair to me.

On 11/24/2017 at 4:54 AM, Bigred said:

The easiest way to prove the curvature of the Earth is to understand celestial navigation .A simple sextant is all you need 

The best way to prove the earth isn't flat is a fist to the face

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DualWieldRake said:

The best way to prove the earth isn't flat is a fist to the face

what about TLC match?

https://cdn3.whatculture.com/images/2016/12/8ed6a20519a59378-600x400.gif

• Like 1

Wow, imagine if might made right when it came to science.

"Wow, imagine if might made right when it came to science."

it does. maybe not in a fisticuff kind of way, but people expressing a dissident view in science can be ostracised, fired from their job, stripped of tenure and absolutely pilloried in the media. all this has the effect on stifling discussion and preventing people presenting alternative views. if you think there's not a large and powerful scientific cabal preventing certain scientific views from being studied or even raised then you haven't been paying attention.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DiscoStu said:

"Wow, imagine if might made right when it came to science."

it does. maybe not in a fisticuff kind of way, but people expressing a dissident view in science can be ostracised, fired from their job, stripped of tenure and absolutely pilloried in the media. all this has the effect on stifling discussion and preventing people presenting alternative views. if you think there's not a large and powerful scientific cabal preventing certain scientific views from being studied or even raised then you haven't been paying attention.

Your absolutely wrong. Good science is peer reviewed science. If a single fact comes to light that refutes it then its back to work. That is how science works.

Now, if your talking about special interest groups quelling stem cell science or the fact that the Earth is indeed round.... 

The science behind the acidification of the ocean and how that relates to global warming as being unduly influenced in a negative and much faster direction by  man…. It is not the scientists who are in disagreement about the facts of science when it comes to global warming, weather the Earth is round or float, or whether we are indeed causing the acidification of the ocean, or even evolution as the consensus being greater than 97% surrounding these facts and not a single fact to refute these facts would indeed make it very quickly identifiable as special interest groups and not real science that is the problem here. You might as well be one of those fools who propose that evolution never happened and is not real or that we did not evolve from apes. 

http://churchandstate.org.uk/2011/12/tragedy-of-religion-stifling-science1/

Please understand, I understand we did not evolve from apes as we are indeed still apes. 

58 minutes ago, ThunderIdeal said:

What stu said :lol:  such a relief not having to say it myself.  

Thankfully, science doesn't give a rats ass about anyones opinion. Either the facts support the science or they don't. 

• Like 1

thankfully people are smart enough to doubt the official scientific controlled narrative, whether they'r reight about some of the things or not, all of them must be under the most immense scrutiny imaginable since they (the scientific community, banks, military, govts, pharma, teachers, social workers, you fukken name it) simply can't be trusted (and will never be by me - you can't unlearn some things) .

thankfully i don't give a rats ass what western scientists or their arsy little expressions say in the modern day

and it would be nice to bop a few or see them get it... with the exception of a small tiny fewer than unfortunately and ridiculously few.. only said just because they happen to exist.

its so odd but whenever i think something i often find that krillions of others do either simultaneously , shortly before or shortly after and its been a while now..

sorry to those who provided them that I haven't tried any of the teks I requested to prove to one's self the earth is globose, just been so busy with toads and tryna swat up for dart frogs in between parenting  and prep for the chrissy hols but will get round to it at some point ..  and thanks for them.

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

I've come here to chuckle at this warhead though:lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/24/a-flat-earthers-plan-to-launch-himself-in-a-homemade-rocket-just-hit-a-speed-bump/?utm_term=.8c10cfab18a5

A California man who planned to launch himself 1,800 feet high Saturday in a homemade scrap-metal rocket — in an effort to prove that Earth is flat — said he is postponing the experiment after he couldn't get permission from a federal agency to conduct it on public land.

Instead, Mike Hughes said the launch will take place sometime next week on private property, albeit still in Amboy, Calif., an unincorporated community in the Mojave Desert along historic Route 66.

“It's still happening. We're just moving it three miles down the road,” Hughes told The Washington Post on Friday. “This is what happens anytime you have to deal with any kind of government agency.”

Hughes claimed the Bureau of Land Management said he couldn't launch his rocket as planned Saturday in Amboy. He claimed the federal agency had given him verbal permission more than a year ago, pending approval from the Federal Aviation Administration.

A BLM spokeswoman said its local field office had no record of speaking with Hughes and that he had not applied for the necessary special recreation permit to hold an event on public land.

"Someone from our local office reached out to him after seeing some of these news articles [about the launch], because that was news to them," BLM spokeswoman Samantha Storms said.

Representatives from the FAA did not immediately respond to requests for comment Friday.

Hughes said he had originally intended to arrive in Amboy on Wednesday to start setting up the rocket. The BLM's denial, along with some technical difficulties — a motor in his modified motor home quit working for a day — threw a wrench into his plans, according to Hughes.

“I don't see [the launch] happening until about Tuesday, honestly,” he said. “It takes three days to set up. . . . You know, it's not easy because it's not supposed to be easy.

Assuming the 500-mph, mile-long flight through the Mojave Desert does not kill him, Hughes told the Associated Press, his journey into the atmosflat will mark the first phase of his ambitious flat-Earth space program.

Hughes’s ultimate goal is a subsequent launch that puts him miles above Earth, where the 61-year-old limousine driver hopes to photograph proof that it's a disk we all live on............

Fck knuckle, c'mon t- minus

• Like 2

This shit is gold :lol: Sure hope this shitbird manages to get as far away from our oval planet as possible.

"Hugues completed his first rocket flight in 2014. [...] He had to be pulled from the rocket and use a walker for two weeks afterwards."

"The Kickstarter raised $310 of its $150,000 goal"

Wow, could this Hughes guy not just...buy a plane ticket and take a camera along?...oh wait, "the airlines are in on it, man."

I think he's psychotic and should be scheduled and sedated with a good talking to, for his own safety....

But, on the other hand, the sadistic bit of me would like to watch him crash. It's almost like he's trying to become a martyr of the flatearthers....a hilarious tragedy in the makings. Maybe not this launch of his homemade, scrap metal, steam powered, coffin, but he's planning his own backyard space program so... possibly 2017's Darwin award gold medalist. Maybe even a new contender for the most spectacular, self induced death, to date.  

he really needs to chat with Yves Rossy.

Edited by freakazoid
and another thing....

I cant quite understand all the hate lol

So the guy wants to make a rocket and quite likely kill himself.  

Happy flight i say.

• Like 2

On 24/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, Bigred said:

Also if Antarctica is the ring around it what would the north pole be  

A magical toy factory.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, freakazoid said:

I think he's psychotic

He could be psychotic or he could be preying on flat earther gullibility to help fund his dream of space flight, either way, he is getting off his ass and doing something amazing. Bat-shit crazy, but stil amazing.

• Like 2

Yeah, Now I think about it a bit more, you're onto it.

6 hours ago, freakazoid said:

A magical toy factory.

So hard I laugh:lol:

Being a recent convert its easier to get certain peeps to fund him (buy advertising).

Hes got a dream, it will kill him eventually . He ain't the first, and a blaze of glory is sometimes a calculated option. Flat earthers have got him closer

The fun will come from the Flat earthers once it plays out. Regardless of whether rocketman gets air time.. Lol

They should be funding that young fella that sal put up in the video, and further develop a valid technology and possibly a career- not some Circus gig. Says a lot really.....

• Like 1

On 24/11/2017 at 3:49 PM, DiscoStu said:

for his next trick he should fly a rocket to the moon to prove it's a hologram

Everyone knows it's made of cheese.

• Like 1