The Corroboree
Zedo

Flat earth debate

I too was once a mad long haired riff smith of the ax land :)

miss those days. Now I'm going bald lol. 

One thing I myself looooove so much these days is the ability to analyse my own thought process. How an idea is formed or inserted, and based upon previous experience this then shapes the coarse of the idea. With such a 'ridiculous' concept I wanted to see what others thought. But without the standard 'trolling' behavioir that comes hand in hand with the internet lol. 

I dont know you guys and I'm still newish but I've had nothing but good vibes from here so hence why I put this forward. 

Ive never believed the earth is flat, but given my analysis even though not proven - I can't say I believe in a spherical earth (or lumpy oblate).

I don't believe anymore. Belief is but a guess, a hope, a desire - until proven. But what defines proof? Proof is perception of the experience. Sure we can all agree the 'scientific proof' that a cacti is green. But the blind man can't see so he can only believe the sighted that's it's green. He has no perception of the experience that's it's green other than what he's told. 

Is our perception inadequate to truly prove a concept - scientifically? Or is scientific proof just a justification of ones perception believed by others?

think I just got side tracked and had a rant lol. The mind... lol

• Like 5

judging by how by this age it's so far undeniable that tptb are so entrenched in multitudes of deepest shitty lies that stretch as far as the eye can see and probably moar... 

i wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out to be flat ... or even a fkn dish on 4 elephants backs simultaneously surfing on a turtle ripping up the space curls ...

**reserves right to remain impartial to either ball (ok rough knobby ball) or flatitude** but it's proven for something quirky to hunt for and watch on the other-wise boring of late; tube .. thanks guys!

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 2

Still keen on the lawn chair and balloons lol 

..nevermind.  As you were.  I think your maths is probably missing some physics.  Go talk to an astrophysicist at your local uni ;)  

Edited by Mapacho

I can appreciate the point your making @ThunderIdeal, you are certainly correct in saying im impartiality leaning towards the current scientific community’s view points rather than conspiracy theories. I choose to do this because good science is repeatable and stands up to scrutiny. In fact the more heavily a scientific theory is challenged the more certain we can be of its validity.

Albert Einstein is the perfect example of this. Many scientist have attempted to scrutinize his works, and show it to be invalid, but so far, knowone has been able to come up with a model that is has greater predictive value.

The point I was trying to make was that if Sheldrake theories about gravity not being constant are in fact true. He would have been able to prove it to the world’s best physicists and probably won a noble prize for his efforts. But instead he chooses to write books to get his ideas out to the masses without first being reviewed by experts in the field.

If you have alook over the criticisms section of Sheldrake’s wiki page it becomes very clear why he is a fraud. After putting out these outrageous claims about gravity, he has moved along to topics like memory. Writing books about the science of memory while ignoring the vast amounts of criticism he received from world leading neurologist.

When making the point about large amounts of money corrupts, we should keep in mind that Sheldrake would have made large sums of money from his book publishing deals and i think it’s fair to say if he remained a cell biologist for the rest of his career it would have significantly decreased his income. I do like your train of thought, its important to look at who is profiting off an idea to access how legitimate it is. If Sheldrake theories about gravity are true, who is profiting from tricking us all into thinking it’s 9.8m/s?

Some people like to make the argument that academic would prefer not to change the status quo because then that would require whole new textbooks to be written. This argument is often made by people who aren’t aware textbooks are updated yearly, sometimes just to add a single paragraph or remove some outdated knowledge. There is a lot of money to be made in rewriting textbooks. 

Edited by Change
  • Like 5

On 21 February 2017 at 0:52 PM, Zedo said:

I call BS

we have been lied to the deception goes very deep I'll just leave these here.

Earth is flat history is a lie NASA is full of shit.

• Like 1

I am leaning toward an electro magnetic plain, gravity = density, there may be no edge, an edge is a human construct but if you travel south or north you will hit an ice wall travel east and west would be circumnavigating the disc (in a circle) , tide only happens in salt water because it contains electrolytes, satellites may just be high altitude balloons/craft.  What about terminologies sea level LEVEL, airplane PLANE, The sky's the limit lol.

I wouldn't say its that far out that there is a massive conspiracy, have a heap of people who know something while the rest of the world is tricked with sci-fi videos and equations, good for the ego and superiority complex.

I used to believe santa was real and even those I loved and trusted the most convinced me of the lie so why would it be so far out to think there are groups that conspire and lie, I don't trust anything nasa says and scrutinize there video clips, look carefully and also take note of how long they play before there is a cut or edit, look very carefully at every detail and take careful note to what they say in each clip or conference and cross-examine what they say/do, Truly look, listen and think about it.

I am not saying I know what the truth is just that I am dubious what they say and present as truth is true.

Santa was one of the greatest lessons I was taught, taught me how easy it is to be deceived when I believe without question and scrutiny, I trust no one completely because most are easy to buy and sell, most if not all can be morally and scientifically corrupted whether aware or not.

Here is some quotes I like from Mark Twain (at least I have been told that he said these quotes? I can not verify in any way he even said these things lol) -

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect .

Its easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled..

And this one not because it is overly relevant, its just because I like it- If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Edited by bardo
  • Like 5

Sometimes when ive been tripping so hard that it seems obvious that my life is an illusion i think maybe humans have the power to collectively manifest, you know at one point in time the whole race thought the world to be flat, and it was, and then someone sailed around the world proving to the world it was round and it was then a sphere..... If people believe something, it is real. if enough people believe something it becomes a fact, but that doesnt mean any of it is actually happening-

humans dont know fuckin jack shit, no matter how many scientists get behind it....

I am happy believing anything and everything is possible :-)  and a round or flat earth would be totally dependent on which program is currently running.

Bong on peeps!

• Like 7

hmmm.  flat earth seems a bad example for this experiment.  I find it hard to believe that the moon is a flat perfectly round disc sailing across the sky... unless of course its just a massive projector. Conspiracy! my intuition tells me that the explanations given to me are completely plausible and even probable.  Siding with the masses seems like a safe bet here.

and cacti may be green/blue, but how could I be sure that you're green is the same as my green.  and do colourblind people feel less comfortable with this concept?

• Like 2

I don't know shit about anything sums up all I have garnered in terms of wisdom in my life so far.

Lies have to exist so that truth can, this I can see.

Actually what I do know can be summed up as All I know is that I don't know anything, yet when I know nothing I can know everything.

Or something. :huh::unsure:

• Like 5

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:15 AM, CrayZ said:

hmmm.  flat earth seems a bad example for this experiment.  I find it hard to believe that the moon is a flat perfectly round disc sailing across the sky... unless of course its just a massive projector. Conspiracy! my intuition tells me that the explanations given to me are completely plausible and even probable.  Siding with the masses seems like a safe bet here.

and cacti may be green/blue, but how could I be sure that you're green is the same as my green.  and do colourblind people feel less comfortable with this concept?

We are not saying the moon is flat.

I don't think siding with the masses is a safe bet, I think this quote from Einstein is relevant here - "The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. Those who walk alone are likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before."  Look at the masses here in Australia 63.4% are over weight http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/02/24/australia-obesity-statistics_n_9154422.html and many aussies are suffering from preventable and curable diseases and ailments. That's just one example of the masses, What about how many people buy and eat toxins because they don't read the ingredient list ? that would be most I would say, here is a vid I made about that with hopes people will read and care what they eat, many people are just way to trusting in my opinion.

• Like 4

Great video the message this needs to be put out there.

I was going to post up about the new food trends we are being pushed through advertising but this guy says it all.

As a sailor we use celestial navigation and if the earth was flat it would not work . I have personally seen the curvature of the earth and when flat earthers bang on about the earth being flat and I try explain that its not .I get called a government shill trying to hide the truth .I think its a big slap in the face of science when people make these bullshit claims .Same goes for these anti vaxxers there all fucking nuts

• Like 5

I'm close to the beach please explain how I see this magical curve.

I think you may be mistaking "flat earthers bragging" as them putting up a valid argument to your responses. Everybody is entitled to an pinion. I just don't except anything that i can't see with my own eyes the time when theories replaced practical demonstrations was a sad day in human history. Show me a practice experiment I can do myself to prove the curvature of the earth otherwise it's just another bullshit theory. You have to admit it's an interesting debate

thank god we have all those billions of dollars spent to bring us all these consistent scientific results. Lol holy crashing earth.

• Like 1

Thanks siks3, if ya wanna make a video about something even if its been done, especially if its an important message I say go for it, the more voices the better : )

On ‎2‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 6:01 PM, Bigred said:

As a sailor we use celestial navigation and if the earth was flat it would not work . I have personally seen the curvature of the earth and when flat earthers bang on about the earth being flat and I try explain that its not .I get called a government shill trying to hide the truth .I think its a big slap in the face of science when people make these bullshit claims .Same goes for these anti vaxxers there all fucking nuts

At the size nasa says the earth is you would need an altitude of over 50,000ft, commercial aircraft reach between 28,000 to 35,000 ft, the concord was designed for around 45,000ft, How did you see the curvature? or do you mean ypou have seen the effect of the curvature ? We or at least I am not claiming anything just questioning and that aint a slap in the face of science, if you tell me what it is without me researching and investigating then that would be me having a belief not scientific findings that I can verify, the definition of science- the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment. That's what we are doing instead of just believing. I am an anti vaxxer and so are some people I know and we are healthy, healthier than many people I know who get those shots, I don't know what way is right or wrong and people can make up there own minds but I don't trust them to inject me with substances that I don't know, I rather build my own immune system and if I die from a disease then my genetics are weak and prob shouldn't breed them, but  we all have our own opinions and views I respect yours and would hope you could respect mine ? either way I don't really mind if you do or not cause this experience is temporary and I try not to get caught up in much here, I mainly focus my energy on spreading love and care for people as well as preparing my spirit for the inevitable and like to share ideas but I wont squabble about them. Peace and love is my thing and I believe it is the only thing that truly matters : )

• Like 4

idunno if its ironic or moronic that flat earthers happily use mobile phone technology that requires the use of functional satellite while simultaneously asserting ludicrous claims. 

Fwiw, this thread isnt a debate, debates present evidence then argue for or against the validity of such evidence. This thread was just the OP claiming to perform calculations that lead to his/her conclusion that the world was flat, but when questioned to provide those calculation for the rest of the world to see, he/she linked a youtube video and admitted they didn't do any maths. Flat earthers constantly demanding proof is an indication that they aren't prepared to put in the effort to obtain proof for themselves. If you wanna provide evidence to support the claim the earth is flat, then please do. But the burden of proof should be on the person asserting the extraordinary claim, not the other way around. All you hippies love to bang on about how important having an open mind is, but please be careful, if your mind opens to far your brain will fall out. 

• Like 4

no way WB, thats definitely taken with a fish-eye lense..

honestly, this is the most retarded 'debate' i've almost ever witnessed..  seven & half billion people are entitled to an opinion of course..  doesn't mean your opinion isn't profoundly retarded, even if thousands of of other loudly typing retarded people agree with you..

(disclaimer:  i'm a government shill)

• Like 4

Once again, I respect the questioning of established facts, even if it does make you look silly.

IMHO there are very fruitful battlefronts where dissident eggheads dispute generally accepted knowledge.  I happen to believe a lot of generally accepted knowledge will eventually be shown as arrogant blunders.  FWIW I dont think the shape of the earth is one of them, but if it was, I assume it would be via some unexpected twisting/distortion of geometry, like when you look down from orbit you are looking at a distorted image, and you fly around it through some distorted path.  Eh!  But there are fruitful, extremely convincing theories that interest me more.

Remember we could just be in a simulation, a simulation that plays dirty tricks on us even!  But wallowing in this kind of thinking may not prove constructive.

• Like 2

one time i was flying from adelaide to perth, middle of summer, clear skies, late afternoon into evening...

the timing was spot on enough for me to me to watch multiple sunsets as we chased the Sun west..

i don't think i saw the Earths curvature, but I think i saw the expression of it.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ThunderIdeal said:

Once again, I respect the questioning of established facts

totally man, it's just annoying the way over enthusiastic conspiracy theorists can tend to make a mockery of free thinking skepticism.  being skeptical of an idea or theory or established fact is all well & good if theres good reason to do so & which there often is.  the problem is, the ideas people often come up with to replace the ones they're skeptical about can tend to be pretty retarded..  this gives intelligent skepticism a bad name, which sux because there are so many legit large scale conspiracies &/or issues in the word that really need to be discussed & reality itself is a very weird thing & there is inherent issues with describing the nature of the things around us & calling it reality..  people rightly need to understand how slippery reality is & should be skeptical of all kinds of ideas..  but there is ways of attempting that that are much more retarded than others..

i was being a cunt in my last post though, so sorry to anyone reading.

Edited by paradox

Edited by paradox

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.newsweek.com/undersea-cables-transport-99-percent-international-communications-319072%3Famp%3D1

The 150ft mobile phone tower 20m from my house that the government pays me to have on my land and all the other ones placed 45km in line with each other produce your cell phone coverage not some devil box supposedly dangling in space.

Edited by siks3
  • Like 1

satalite navigation lol

• Like 1