The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Trump Watch

Isn't that the same for all politicians though, you just invert the meaning of anything they say to understand what they are really saying.

• Like 1

It seems like that sometimes, most times I guess. 

But not all pollies are guilty of it. Some are very careful to not be snared by their own words, others are just outright liars.

Then there's Trump, -in a league of his own. It was he who led the charge against Obama for playing 'so much' golf, and go on to publicly announce he won't have the time to play golf. But now he's voted in, he just doesn't give a shit. It's his very own supporters he's shitting on every time he golfs, he just doesn't give a flying shit about the people who voted him in.

He prolly just thinks they're gullible idiots who were dumb enough to lap up all the bullshit he spouted throughout the campaign.

That's pretty much what the Dem's think of his supporters too, and sadly, they're completely right.

Republican senator blasts Trump's 'fake news awards', likens him to Stalin

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/republican-senator-blasts-trumps-fake-news-awards-like-him-to-stalin-20180118-h0k2dv.html

Washington: On a day President Donald Trump promised to deliver "fake news awards" two Republican senators as well as several Democrats warned his unceasing attacks on a free press are undermining a fundamental tenet of democracy and emboldening despots abroad.

"Mr President, it is a testament to the condition of our democracy that our own president uses words infamously spoken by Joseph Stalin to describe his enemies.

"It bears noting that so fraught with malice was the phrase 'enemy of the people', that even [soviet leader] Nikita Khrushchev forbade its use, telling the Soviet Communist Party the phrase had been introduced by Stalin for the purpose of annihilating such individuals who disagreed with the supreme leader," he said adding "This alone should be the source of great shame for us in this body."

db2f78e1bf7b8417287f9c3a8fc12de886923adf

I love Trump. I reckon he's fk'n fantastic. The left in the US has been in control for so long that even the center is considered far right by the media and screamed down and silenced with outrage culture.

In walks Trump, flips the birdie to the media and starts changing things just like he wants. Right or wrong he doesn't give a flying fuck. This is what happens when you silence the masses, feed them on fear and lies through a 1% majority power controlled media... they will vote for anyone except the same corrupt bias that has been eroding their way of life for decades.  He's being compared to far right leaders in this picture above, completely laughable. These people have forgotten what right extremism is, it's been so long since they dealt with actual hardship. Gluttonous, oblique, self-centric fools.

It's a great equalizer. Trump is just a balance for a society that was close to toppling in a certain direction. He may still not even be enough.

The same thing is happening here. Our rights are being eroded away by a fascist left in the name of safety. Crime is plummeting in Australia, has been for a long time, but the leftist media would lead you to believe we are in crisis. We are more integrated than ever, but the leftist media would lead you to believe we are a divided nation. I could go on and on about the lies we are told to distract us whilst our resources are plundered and our interests are sold. Let's have a vote about gay marriage... what about the fk'n NBN or Telstra or the power grid or foreign ownership or coal mining or education and military budgets? Are we too stupid to be part of the decisions that make a real impact on everyone? Or too stupid to see what the one hand is doing whilst the other is pontificating about how we address each other in polite society? How come the majority are so blind to this! for fuck sake.

The bipartisan left here is far left and the right is left of center. Soon everything will either be illegal or compulsory. This is why we will vote in a maniac as well, our very own Trump, to put some balance back into the perceived control of people. The left will scream outrage, racism, misogynism, Chinese interference, anythingism and everythingism as their control is ripped away by the logical and fed up majority.

Edited by Northerner
  • Like 3

Yeah nice.   The sticking point for me is that there doesn't appear to be any winding back of aggressive foreign policy.  I watch this stuff pretty closely, for example a permanent presence in northern syria with thousands of US troops alongside tens of thousands of SDF (kurds with some token arabs).  Theyve been publicising the "prevent a resurgent isis 2.0" angle until this week tillerson stated what is obvious to keen observers:  they will stay as a check on iran and they will stay until assad steps down (for the record syrians love assad and even the brave democrat congresswoman tulsi gabbard has much to say on this matter, a real voice of reason).  Also note US occupies the two coveted iran land bridges if not directly then adjacently.

It seems a case of your basic US policy of Israel first, america whatever

• Like 1

It was a bit hard to follow some of that @Northerner

In one breath you say the majority are blind to what's going on and on the other you say the majority are logical and about to rip power away from those doing the things they are blind too.

But I'm not trying to disagree, I think collectively Aussies are too stupid to understand the depth of the shit this country is in. We're in a state of full corporate control and everything on the MSM is just a thin veneer of bling designed to cover up the ugliness beneath,  much like a hub cap - shiny on top with shit underneath.

• Like 5

I didn't say power change was about to happen @Sallubrious , just that it would because of the persistent left. :wink:  It's the bubble of politics, it faces inevitable correction.

People are stupid, I don't pretend to be above that either, but eventually the crap will stink so much that there will be no ignoring it.

• Like 1

If and when he becomes all that he reckons he'll be, then I'll be the first to change over and start backing him. But that's a big if and a big when...

Until then I'm calling a spade a spade. And for now he's the worst president ever, and seems to be getting worse by the day IMO.

Drops mic and takes a bite of my lunch...

Edited by Halcyon Daze

Until he starts another unprovoked attack like the Vietnam or Gulf Wars he will fall short of the lows that other Presidents have achieved, imho.

Sure he's a bleating, arrogant, ignorant, bigot... but actually the US economy is doing well under his "media unpopular" ideas. (the media will call it a reign here) Unemployment is hitting lows not seen in almost 20 years, business is flourishing... there's much to be said that doesn't appear on twitter or under any of the Russian meddling conspiracy articles. There's a lot of hard data that says he's not so bad. Sure he doesn't like immigrants and puts America first to the detriment of everyone else. But he's the US President, he's kinda supposed to do that.

• Like 2

fair enough, each to their own.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

There is a way to be diplomatic and still put your country first without being detrimental to your country, especially when there is already hatred towards that country.  

And show me a president who has done that.

Thought so.

Goldwater would have been brilliant but he didn't make it.  Kennedy was good and wanted to make big changes; look how that ended.  Eisenhower played along then left some crumbs in his goodbye speech.  Jackson brilliant but his legacy was quickly reversed.

The political class don't live in our plane.  Their role isn't to put their country first otherwise nationalist and populist wouldnt be considered dirty words.  Countries that truly do pursue their own agenda often end up on the receiving end of wars.

America has never been diplomatic.  Don't mistake the frontman for the entire machine.

• Like 3

Funny but I never hear you guyz say that about Obama. Imagine the progress he could have brought if the Republicans didn't block everything the Dems tried to do. Including some things even the republicans wanted.

Everything Trump does is dodgy as Flux IMO.

Also If the economy is finally starting to boom again it's only thanks to all the groundwork that was hard-fought over the previous 8 years. It's not like Trump has actually DONE done anything to the economy other than cancelling the Pacific Free Trade Deal for political reasons, the very thing that American economists had worked so hard to achieve. It's crazy to suggest cancelling that could have somehow helped the economy. It's already back in the pipeline anyway, it's America's idea to begin with.

Trump is like a used car salesman in charge of veteran economists, He shouldn't get the credit for any of it. All he has done is start aiming at trickle-down economics again, ie tax cuts for the wealthy ( which hasn't even come in yet). Like as though that's gonna help the economy LOL Help Trump's coal exports more like it.

It's only a matter of time before de-regulation crashes the economy again. Just what America needs really, A MAJOR economic disaster to fix republican's brains for good. They wasted their chances with Obama, and now they are back to Bush-style politics again.

It's like slaves fighting against those trying to free them. Amazingly brainless...

Anyway this is just all my opinion so don't get too fired up over it. Peace out :P

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

I wasn't here Halcyon, or I would have spoken my mind.

Trump is dodgy, there's no denying it. But he doesn't come from a background of systematic political corruption. It'll come... but he doesn't yet own that one now like any Bush or Clinton. Maybe being already billionaire he won't be so easy to bribe (lobby)? Lol... yeah I know. But here's hoping.

Obama was great at first. But failed to realise that handouts cost everyone. Aussies fail at that also. The welfare state is a crippled state, it brought down the Romans. Trump sees this. Leftists hate this viewpoint and would rather people pay more taxes than look after their own. It's a failed model proven before. He also faced decades of back to back Bush and Clinton warmongering policies that needed to be cleaned up. It would have been unethical to walk away and just say "screw you guys, I'm taking may ball and going home."

Despite pulling back the forces by major percentages when he first got in, as the years wore on he became more willing to commit. No doubt the pressure was coming from up high. Raining dollars.

Trump is likely to start an all out confrontation just through pure ego, but maybe his fear will get the better of him. He's not courageous, but he is a risk taker. Major war is bad for business, small war is good. I think if anything else Trump values $'s and won't make obvious financial mistakes. Calling Kim names and getting the same treatment is way better than landing parties or scuds, or even ICBM's.

• Like 1

From being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize early in his presidency, to spending 10 billion a month in conflict.

President Obama, who hoped to sow peace, instead led the nation in war
For Obama, an Unexpected Legacy of Two Full Terms at War

President Obama's Legacy Is Endless War

After 8 Years Of Unbroken War, Obama Hands Over Conflicts To Trump

Edited by Northerner

2 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

Funny but I never hear you guyz say that about Obama. Imagine the progress he could have brought if the Republicans didn't block everything the Dems tried to do. Including some things even the republicans wanted.

Everything Trump does is dodgy as Flux IMO.

Also If the economy is finally starting to boom again it's only thanks to all the groundwork that was hard-fought over the previous 8 years. It's not like Trump has actually DONE done anything to the economy other than cancelling the Pacific Free Trade Deal for political reasons, the very thing that American economists had worked so hard to achieve. It's crazy to suggest cancelling that could have somehow helped the economy. It's already back in the pipeline anyway, it's America's idea to begin with.

Trump is like a used car salesman in charge of veteran economists, He shouldn't get the credit for any of it. All he has done is start aiming at trickle-down economics again, ie tax cuts for the wealthy ( which hasn't even come in yet). Like as though that's gonna help the economy LOL Help Trump's coal exports more like it.

It's only a matter of time before de-regulation crashes the economy again. Just what America needs really, A MAJOR economic disaster to fix republican's brains for good. They wasted their chances with Obama, and now they are back to Bush-style politics again.

It's like slaves fighting against those trying to free them. Amazingly brainless...

Anyway this is just all my opinion so don't get too fired up over it. Peace out :P

It's a valid argument that 8 years of everything that Obama did comes to fruition over a year after he left. Maybe, in an alternate reality. Finances shift very quick... bullshit tanks within weeks in our modern world. Internet baby... yeah!

This guy, despite being a f-wit has been a major finance manager for more than 50 years. If there is anything he knows it's money. He was born into it. He is far more experienced in this particular field than any president ever before. They didn't elect Mickey Mouse here, even though he acts like it. Appearances are never something that Trump was good at, because it never mattered before in a private scenario. Only his decisions ever mattered. No matter how ugly they were.

Sadly this won't make up for his appalling political and social skills. (leader of the free world... hahaha) He will hire and fire like a private company, except in US executive office. Shocking for all to watch. He's burned companies to the ground before, it'll be interesting to see how this one goes. Though he has a lot more experience now.

Consider that after a term or two the Dems deconstruct a working machine... I know it would be for spite but who cares in politics right? It's only the population who wears the changes. Who is to blame?

edit: And the Pacific Free Trade Deal was a corrupt closed door deal that benefited no one but the 1% companies who lobbied for it. It was filth enslaving the the poor indo-pacific people to American corporate interests. Ugly stuff. Why do you think everything about it was secretive and everything that was released about it was found wanting? How can a country make a trade deal when the people know nothing about it? Corruption. Millions of people petitioned against it, despite the millions of $'s that were spent creating it. Thank fk Trump canned it as a poor long term prospect, Australia should do the same. We should be examining bank accounts before this deal is even considered again.

edit edit: I'm not fired up. I'm just a truth seeker. I really don't care. It won't effect my garden here in the jungle.

Edited by Northerner
  • Like 3

Obama was rubbish end of story

Worth mentioning that the pussy march discouraged pussyhats this time around because you know, that would be offensive to women who dont have vaginas.  Go figure.

Anyway the reason for my silly post, trump tweet lol

Beautiful weather all over our great country, a perfect day for all Women to March. Get out there now to celebrate the historic milestones and unprecedented economic success and wealth creation that has taken place over the last 12 months. Lowest female unemployment in 18 years!

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

On a more serious note dont believe these numbers hey.  I don't anyway.  Any number you read is cooked.

• Like 1

Lol, what U talkin 'bout thunder, I have it on good.authority that things were 15.7% better under Obama. Now you can take THAT to the bank! Tell em Halcyon gives his rolled gold guarantee. 

• Like 1

Nah man, i mean you know i had and still have big hopes that trump will alter americas course and thereby the world and particularly its very close allies aka vassals aka australia.  But i never liked how trump took credit for the stock rally right after campaign trump said it would crash.  That stuff doesnt make any sense, its a central bank bubble with a day of reckoning attached.  Unemployment figures are totally cooked, everyone does it.  Unless you do some hardcore due diligence you cant take any meaning from it.

Basically the main buyer of stocks has been the companies themselves, with all the easy credit instead of acquiring assets and so forth they've been doing stock buybacks.  Stock prices go up.  Of course theres way more going on than i could possibly understand, probably more than any expert could understand!  What has to be stated though, what i hope is clear to everyone, is that the level of central bank intervention for the last decade is off the charts.  Its uncharted territory.  People call it the central banking experiment but thats putting it too kindly, more like central bank recklessness.  this is worldwide, nearly all central banks colluded to pull this off together.  Reserve bank of Australia was pretty tame but our economy is a farce to begin with.  notice how many "new australians" now live here?  Notice that where they moved to real estate has rocketed?  Notice how the government will do anything to keep real estate up? 

Ever wondered what would happen if it came down??

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 5:51 PM, ThunderIdeal said:

Reserve bank of Australia was pretty tame but our economy is a farce to begin with

Australia - a farce to be reckoned with.

The unemployment figures are just the outward display of how they cook the the books. They tend to frame it in the context of how many jobs were created in a sector but fail to tell us that the population has risen more than the growth in jobs which leaves a net loss in the employment figures. Then they have all those tricky ways to get the unemployed of the books, through BS mickey mouse training courses and a myriad of other scams. If you are training you are not unemployed you are a student.

I could have worked for the government as pro book cooker but I have this fucked up outdated concept of morality that keeps holding me back. I blame my parents for that.

• Like 5

Probably need people with those morals to start infiltrating those jobs to expose and change things too. Fine line to walk on though 

• Like 1

I reckon Trump is going to finally bring down the veil of perceived relevance of the US on the world stage.....the theartre has ended, the audience is still being ushered out.

How it pans out I'm not sure,its gonna be a hella a ride though economic heartaches. The change is inevitable.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm in two minds about that, Waterboy.

On the one hand Trump does seem to emperor's new clothesing the US to some extent, but we're also paying as much attention as ever, if not more. We've got these threads on Trump Watch and The Storm etc. etc., but we never had Abbott Watch, Turnbull Watch, anything long lasting on Pine Gap or Five Eyes, or anything comparable to these kinds of US-centred threads that's more relevant to Australia. I don't think that focus is limited to SAB.

On the other hand, he does use recklessness to try to cover his incompetence, and it's going to have lasting effects. Maybe we'll live to see the fall of the US empire, who knows. 

Northerner, what do you mean when you talk about the left?