The Corroboree
terraferma

What kind of spider-like bug is this?

Does anyone know what kind of insect is this? This one is greenish, others of the same specie are more red. They are small, the body not counting the legs is about 1mm long. 

And are they a threat to Trichocereus cactus? 

Schermata-2017-01-30-alle-17.37.36.jpg

Schermata-2017-01-30-alle-17_37_36.thumb.jpg.bb506a89e3fa07906e8a32a3ff2ddfb3.jpg

Schermata-2017-01-30-alle-17_37_36.thumb.jpg.bb506a89e3fa07906e8a32a3ff2ddfb3.jpg

Hey fella hope ya all good man!

I dont recognise that particular type but it does look like a spidermite by structure and by the size descrip, also sounds likely too !

but when i suspect spiderbasts/mites i 'google image search' it https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=spidermite&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjEgPz4-OrRAhWqLsAKHdWkDt0Q_AUICCgB&biw=1094&bih=483

and i gather there are some 4krillion or so different kinds !!

and maybe it would help you decide, or pin it down on an ID or rough ID,

I might personally think of treating for spidermite regardless , just as a precautionary measure if not sure and if I were getting scarred cacti.... , but if it's outside, the weather seems to batter them off quite well,

growing under glass is much nicer conditions for spiderbasts to take a nasty hold , but headlice lotion in a sprayer (I used a brand called headrin) seems to slay them off nicely for a very long time by coating the spiderbasts in oil which apparently slays them off nicely to a fine art ;) 

those seedlings are still only an inch or so btw but finally got potted on...

Have a super week T!

Thanks so much for the info my friend! Well, I was thinking it could be some kind of spider mite, although they do seem a bit too large, they are at least 1.5mm with legs, 1mm not counting legs. It does not seem to extend further than one tray inside the house, and no damage to cacti, but I will investigate further.

Have a great week! :)