The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
squidgygoanna

Need help with misting system for my greenhouse

Hey guys,

Recently purchased a good quality 12 x 8ft greenhouse. I'd like to set up a misting system inside, but I'd like the misting system to be fed by a water pump connected to a reservoir rather than fed directly from the tap.

I don't have much experience with misting systems, but I assume they need a pretty powerful water flow. What sort of pump would I need to facilitate this? would 100PSI do the trick? what kind of flow rate should I aim for?

Submersible would be ideal, not sure if that's possible though

Thanks for any help

Edited by squidgygoanna

mate 100 PSI is overkill. I work in irrigation for a large commercial raspberry and blueberry farm, and one of my raspberry pumps that do 1.6Ha(Hectares) through 4 field valves pushes out 85 PSI max (its a 45 000 L/perH) through 2 inch submain lines, and is enough to water 4000+ plants through drippers/emittors. Thats the pumps capacity when i just run 1 valve, but it happily runs all 4 valves with pilot valves limiting the field pressure to 25-35 PSI anyway.

Im thinking a 2500 - 5000 L/PH hour submersible pump from bunnings would cut it, if you can get the reservoir up higher than the bottom of the greenhouse. Pumping up-hill (head-height) is what kills you. You can always put a little half inch tap in as a restricter as well, to turn it down if it's too much pressure. These need 240 volt power supply, which you can just wack a $10 timer on. If you want to get really ghetto-tech, slap a cheap flow meter on it too.