The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
groovedude

Sida Cordifolia questions

Hey guys, nice to be back.

Sorry if this is not int he right space, I was a bit vague as to where I should post.

Anyway; Sida Cordifolia...I have read a detailed report by a fellow who claims the hairs on the plant made him very sick. I have not been able to find any other account of this happening and wonder should I be taking measures to strain the hairs out of a tea? This is assuming I am in a country that allows this. Prior filtrations with thick paper towel showed some hairs still made it through.

Using green fresh herbage is alot more convenient but I think if the hairs are an issue I would like to avoid this.

I would imagine that if the hairs are a problem it would be much more common, many folks use green fresh undried/cured herb as a tea.

Thankyou for your time

groove

I've found a lot of info in the past (although I have not consumed any of my Sida) that the ephedrine is more available within the stems at the end of the season. I've also read that there may be even more within the roots of the sida. the roots are extremely tuberose so I imagine there may be a decent amount of actives in there but as I've said I'm completely unsure considering I have no firsthand Sida experience with consumption. I have Literally Hundreds of plants I just haven't focused any of my energy into them yet.

Do you have anything to add since you've posted this?

Hi groovedude, I have consumed sida cordifolia leaf several times in a simple boiled tea, just filtered through thin material and have not had any discomfort or irritation. It definitely helps calm a fever!

I ordered some root powder from an online company.... Did jack... Nada... Nothing.... 

Growing my own now. I found it quite difficult to germinate only 3 out of 12 came up and it took a month... Trying to germ more at the moment.