The Corroboree
mrsmrs21

Amanita Muscaria QLD

Hi All,

I've moved to QLD recently not far from  Glass House mountains, it's nice here, but I have one need - Amanita Muscaria - there are plenty of blue meanies here, but I don't want/need them ---- So if anyone knows where they grow i'd appreciate input - preferably if you've seen them growing yourself ...

cheers all

I bought a couple of those dream pillow thingies from happy high herbs years ago, I was so excited to try them but I got nothing at all from it, not even nausea, I took it easy at first and only ate a few caps, later I tried a whole bag in one sitting, I think it was 30g from memory, was disappointed and surprised to get zero from it.

I bought a couple of those dream pillow thingies from happy high herbs years ago, I was so excited to try them but I got nothing at all from it, not even nausea, I took it easy at first and only ate a few caps, later I tried a whole bag in one sitting, I think it was 30g from memory, was disappointed and surprised to get zero from it.

Is that even legal??? To sell Amanita? that would be awesome

And yeah, I know about the pine plantations but I was wondering if anyone has a specific area they have been to, eg heard they are in Oberon, and maybe Glass-House mountains - but when exactly :) cheers

I am not sure about the legality of selling them but it was a long while ago and they weren't sold as something to eat or consume but rather as an external dream enhancer or something along those lines, I think they used to sell salvia and d m t along time ago as well, not 100% sure on that as I have never personally seen it for sale there.

I couldn't say where or when to find amanitas because I have never found one but I would guess the pines in winter maybe.

cheers Matey's,

Ill post back when I find some - Man There were soooooo many in this one spot I had across the border.......a couple of hundred in about a 1km forrest, never saw anything like it before or since :) But im sure there'll be plenty up here.....

Bardo those things are not for the hasty and insensible that want to get a kick with a single attempt. Be grateful you were not fucked by taking 30 grams, even though it doesnt sound right  as such a dose should be way above breakingthrough, dissociation and even anesthesia and definately active. 

Pines sound right, and also Quercus sp, - I dont know if you have quercus forests, muscarias seem to like Quercus sp. and black pine forests here in the old world... 

• Like 1

I also tried the ones from Happy High Herbs years ago now and got no effect.

Can't remember how many grams were there but ended up eating the lot.

I took them over few hours though waiting for effects before eating more

The seem to like conifers. I've found them under pine and holly. I'm not a big fan of the high. A low doses it just makes you sleepy then you wake up slightly energized and a little aggressive. At higher doses they feel like getting so drunk you're about to pass out and the room is spinning so you lie down and enter an opium dream kind of nod/trip. I got some delirious states and had a vision of a golden buddha but it wasn't worth the body load. Eating them is good though. If you cook them up fresh like regular mushrooms they're actually a choice edible. 

• Like 1

Yes It seems true about the oak tree asociation as the place I saw the most Amanitas was on the edge of a massive pine forest, it had a couple of hundred oaks (I think) and the place was used for cattle to take shade in the summer and autumn months.

I think the poo had heaps to do with the density of the Mushy's

And yeah 30G is alot, I microdose mine for anxiety and pain - It is by far the best thing i've ever tried as an external ointment and as an internal tonic. I have tripped on it a little when I mixed it with weed, but I wasn't trying to. :)

• Like 1

in any case, dont mind me, I am from the Old world, and talking about my own experiences 

and, for what its worth, .. is it stems and caps - or caps only?  this impacts potency a LOT.  stems are less active caps more. 

Finding amanitas in qld will be challenging. Gosh, the things are everywhere in autumn/winter down here. At belanglo you usually cant take a step in any direction without treading on one. Next time I go hunting for edibles (April), I'll collect a sack full for you.

• Like 1

I am not sure about the legality of selling them but it was a long while ago and they weren't sold as something to eat or consume but rather as an external dream enhancer or something along those lines, I think they used to sell salvia and d m t along time ago as well, not 100% sure on that as I have never personally seen it for sale there.

I couldn't say where or when to find amanitas because I have never found one but I would guess the pines in winter maybe.

Yes, they sold a whole bunch of goodies back in the day.

Salvia extracts, DMT mixes , truffles, bzp, coca tea....

Now though it's just not the same place.

• Like 1

silver birches more than any other tree over here at least.. once on pine once on oak once on rowan ... every other (100s) time was silver birch 

yeah !!!   drunk mode - not the regular, but the the special drunk mode when you drink a couple liters regular lager and then you drinka couple 7% IPAs :P 

where I am at , muscarias are a relatively common amanita during a certain period in many mixed forests all over greece over 800-1000 m elevation ... come and I will show you, I would be happy to know you if you pass by,,, around start~mid october- its autuman here, dont know about you strange buggars ... 

so no they are not so common in my region, even If i've found them, but they are pretty common in a nearby region I sometimes go for a more high altitude and variety mushroom hunting feat chestnut.  Muscarias are everywhere in that certain period of time there. Very beautiful forests... The patches seem so huge  and widespread and the size some mushrooms have is unreal....

so yeah why not tell a fucken story here... how my ~12 - year - old experience mushroom picker and enthousiast thing , started...   sure I had a thing for magic muhsrooms, but... 

A FUCKEN STORY 

greek market had only Agaricus sp.  and Pleurotus sp. only.. 

10+ years ago people were more aware of 

I remember me reading about these stuff , tastes of wild mushroms on the net, and talking with parents, and parents once buying wild mushrooms both fresh - chanterelles, and dry boletus  from their frequent travels to northern greece (where mushroooms where not a tabbo like in my town - we are talking about 12 years before , huh? 

in the wake of the knowledge that different species of mushrooms have different TASTE was the moment it really woke up... I  stiil rememember it was a big motive and even though I dont look like it, meaning I am thin, when I realised the absolutely awesome taste and all, and that I could thoretically find this in the mountain forests, I was thrilled. 

so it was actually because I liked the taste of the mushrooms I taste that got me into it.. apart from the excitement of the creature that was a not plant, I had in mind of course that there wehre 2 types of hallucinogen mushrooms, but it was the taste that made me hit the mountai, to find the different tastest! 

So there I am my first attempt early / mid at semptember like a fool I dont find anything...  a still have couple of pictures of my lazy attempt to find mushrooms in non shady places in semptember after first rains...    so I was kind of disappointed.... and ... I was waiting, I said I will wait a month or so ... 

.... at 15+ or something october my parents who had gone to a X place, came and told me, I remember my father  " we walked through the forest and there were at least 20 different species of mushrooms"  

it was what I wanted... I took my bike and followed to the instructions of my father to the forest road with the supposed mushroom variety... 

I remember - a typical memory of my first official encounter with mushrooms - that a small mushroom or a patch of them was a few centimenters off the point the placed the tip of the stand of the bike. Within a few meters there was a great variety of mushrooms all of which I was afraid to touch and I was handing with sticks - lol ... 

In that first trip I took pics - that was crucial - I used these pics to learn and I did .. 

so I am finding diferent forms of mushrooms, I find I an edible agaricus slivicola that I think it might be deadly - amanita, and yeah at least 20 species of mushrooms around the place I left the bike in a range of  15 meters

later I find the amanita muscaria , a couple of small ones and after wards another couplbe of baby / teenager ones .. I am so happy that I am sitting for some 40+ mins at the spot, next to the little muscaria, alone like a small kid in the forest and I am calling my friends to tell them I found a patch of muscarias 

such a fucking joy... 

pantherinas seem even more common and widespread, both altitude wise as it is found at zero atl, but  also period-wise and habitat wise . 

pantherinas are not as widely reported in some places - here they are common, and they are reported to be as much as 5 times as potent as muscaria which make them pretty dangerous to play with at all 

DONT MESS PLAYFULLY WITH AMANITA MUSCARIA  AS THIS IS A MATERIAL WITH STRONG DISSOCIATIVE POWER... IT CAN EASILY BECOME A DELIRIANT I

• Like 2