The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
squidgygoanna

Need some help choosing a light for my propagaton chamber

Hey guys,

I decided to make use of some spare space under a desk in my office and build a propagation chamber, size is roughly 70cm (L) x 60cm (W) x 70cm (H)

Found a small 2 tier greenhouse that fits perfectly in this space, with about 18cm gap above to fit some sort of grow light

I'm shopping around for a light but I can't decide between T5 and LED, and I'm not sure how many watts I should be aiming for?

Chamber is just for general use, planning on taking cuttings of any and all of my ethno collection for trades, sale, etc.

Edited by jsncrs

Dude, if you're not going to use a light proof tent, I would definitely use t5 because LED grow lights would piss me off under my desk... Their colour will get to you. T5's are great. I have both, but use the fluros much more then the LEDs... 

you would want between 50-80W in that kind of space, if it's just for cuttings and/or cactus seedlings/fresh grafts...

p.s i wouldn't use a green house, use a storage container instead so you don't mould out your desk and you don't have to deal with the light looking at you...

• Like 1

Thanks man! found a T5 online that should do the trick. The desk is in an unused room so annoying light shouldn't be an issue