The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Acu

New Zealand seed trade

Hi all, newbie here, looking to trade some seeds within NZ if possible.

Wanting;

P. viridis leaves

D. cabrerana (long shot i know)

Phyllodium Pulchellum

To trade with some of the folllowing;

Acuminata, Floribunda, Decurrens, Longilolia, Wolfberry, Silene Capensis, Prickly Poppy, Datura, Mugwort, Wormwood, Celastrus Paniculata, Tobacco, Voacanga, Empress tree, Bridgesii, Salvia (cuttings), Morning Glory, Echinacea, Coleus Blumei, Kowhai, 6-BAP, Gibberellic acid.

Also have small amounts of;

Delosperma Bosseranum, Mapacho, Schizandra Chinesis, Hostilis (thornless I think), Wood Betony.

Or can buy.

Peace,

Acu.

Edited by Acu

Hi Acu.

Great to see some other NZ members, what part of the country are you in?

Another member recently gave me a pair of live Psychotria plants. You're welcome to have one of them.

Cheers,

Inwould

• Like 1

Hey Inwould,

I'm upper south island. A live Psychotria would be great! I can send some seeds your way. I'll PM you.

Hi Acu,

I have P. Alba/P. carthagenensis (apparently they are the same thing) plants growing. and could send rooted leaves later in the year.

@inwould Do you know what kind of Psych. you have?
@Acu do you have a pic of your Silene Capensis growing - I bought 2 lots of seed some time ago and neither matched the pictures online of it.

@frozenthunderbolt I suspect it's P. Alba also, still small though.

I've also gotten two different lots of seeds for Silene Capensis and had it turn out to be Lychnis Coronaria var. Alba instead.

One local vendor seems to have gotten ahold of some genuine S. Capensis very recently and is now selling seeds (at a ridiculous price). I think I will invest in a few and see how they grow.

@frozenthunderbolt I suspect it's P. Alba also, still small though.

I've also gotten two different lots of seeds for Silene Capensis and had it turn out to be Lychnis Coronaria var. Alba instead.

One local vendor seems to have gotten ahold of some genuine S. Capensis very recently and is now selling seeds (at a ridiculous price). I think I will invest in a few and see how they grow.

This (bold) is interesting, as it is also different to the Silene that I have (see attached pic). I look forward to seeing what yours grows out like.

I've also added a pic of my (recovering) P. Alba that fruited for the first time this year.

DSCN0343.JPG

DSCN0344.JPG

DSCN0343.thumb.JPG.8e0ad53993c6b9fe0a7bde5ea633f812.JPG

DSCN0344.thumb.JPG.5a075419931a33038daf1bca3042adac.JPG

DSCN0343.thumb.JPG.8e0ad53993c6b9fe0a7bde5ea633f812.JPG

DSCN0344.thumb.JPG.5a075419931a33038daf1bca3042adac.JPG

That's great to hear that your P. Alba fruited, how old is it? What is it recovering from?

Your plant looks a fair bit like Silene Coronaria var. Alba to me also. Mine always had much bluer furrier leaves than S. Capensis. The leaves also didn't seem to have any saponins in them, where S. Capensis does. It should be much easier to tell when it flowers.

• Like 1

That's great to hear that your P. Alba fruited, how old is it? What is it recovering from?

Your plant looks a fair bit like Silene Coronaria var. Alba to me also. Mine always had much bluer furrier leaves than S. Capensis. The leaves also didn't seem to have any saponins in them, where S. Capensis does. It should be much easier to tell when it flowers.

The P. Alba is 3-4 years+ I think.

I believe I got it in a trade here, and this last few days is my first time back in 2-3 years! It got neglected when we moved and moved and moved :wacko: and then wind blasted, then dried out. It's a resilient little bugger! I've got a bunch of leaf clones planted out next to it - hope to make a nice clipper hedge eventually.

Do you know if the Silene Coronaria works in a similar way at all? I.e. Increased lucid dreaming from tea or such even though there is no foam to be made and eaten.

If your seed grows and sets seed it's self I'd love the opportunity to buy or trade some with you :-)

I haven't heard any reports of it having similar effects. I think it's the saponins that are supposed to cause the dream changing effects anyway. If the new seed is the real deal I'll definitely be sending it to anyone who wants it!

• Like 1