The Corroboree
Bruce

Hulks Dick? what's its real name?

Question

Hi fellow SABers.  I was just wondering if anyone could give me a positive name and id on this beauty?  i bought this off ebay awhile back under the name of hulks dick.  since pupping the main column  is getting drained of its gearth.  what can i do to help it bulk up again?  I have been watering a bit more often than usual but the pups still seem to be draining the main body of its fatness.   Before 2016-09-25 09.39.48.jpg  Now  video-2016-11-20-09-06-05.mp4   

5830e07569404_2016-09-2509.39.48.thumb.jpg.f2cef20eaf7cd49a07ac86e972aa42db.jpg

video-2016-11-20-09-06-05.mp4

5830e07569404_2016-09-2509.39.48.thumb.jpg.f2cef20eaf7cd49a07ac86e972aa42db.jpg

video-2016-11-20-09-06-05.mp4

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

what has happened there is the apical meristem (the growing tip) of the original column has terminated. The original column will never grow again from its tip, it will only throw out arms (pups) from areoles (spine clusters). It will always be the size it is now, give or take. This is why it appears the pups are "draining the main body of its fatness", nice expression by the way! This is totally fine and to be expected from this type of monstrose or semi-monstrose bridgessii, you will end up with a clump of distorted columns. In non-monstrose cactus, pups, unless they are extremely numerous, do not (in my experience) noticeably alter the fatness of the main column(s).

I do not know if this is 'hulk's dick' but hulk's dick is a named clone of semi-monstrose bridgessii. This looks to be close to what is commonly called 'hulk's dick'.

• Like 2

you really think this is a bridgesii Micromegas? 

It looks more like "altmans clone" pachanoi,

whatever it is , its beautifull, put more pics of the new areoles and spines! 

I am thinking pachanoi monstrosa of some kind 

since pupping the main column  is getting drained of its gearth.  what can i do to help it bulk up again? 

Call She-hulk :)