The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
waterboy 2.0

Australia post "adjusting" prices 3rd October

Yep, its time for Aus post to make a moneygrab.....again:angry:

Price changes effective 3 Oct 2016

05 September 2016

On 3 October 2016, we'll be adjusting some of our prices. This change will impact:

• Selected domestic parcel products & services
  • Express Post
  • Selected international letter products & services
  • Domestic & international Mail Redirection and Mail Holding services
  • Unaddressed Mail services

Price changes are never easy for anyone. We want to reassure you that the domestic basic postage rate of $1 (60c for MyPost concession card holders) will remain the same. As will our discounted seasonal Christmas card rate for domestic and international cards during November/December.

By making these changes, we're ensuring the long-term viability of your mail and parcel delivery network; a network where we reach more Australians than any other company, through our 11.5 million delivery points and over 4,000 Post Offices.

http://auspost.com.au/about-us/price-changes-oct-2016.html

By making these changes, we're ensuring the long-term viability of your mail and parcel delivery network.....

I call bullshit.

• Like 1

ALSO....some may be eligible and not know about the Concession Stamp system the mofos run.

http://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/concession-stamps.html

Are you a concession card holder? You may be eligible for a reduced rate on domestic stamps .

With a free MyPost Concession account, you'll pay just 60c per stamp, instead of $1. You can buy up to 50 stamps per year, in booklets of 5 for $3.

You'll even get a free booklet of 5 concession stamps to get you started.

Are you eligible?

The following Australian Federal Government concession cards are accepted as proof of eligibility for a MyPost Concession account

• Pensioner Concession Card
  • Health Care Card (all types)
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Department of Veterans' Affairs Card
  • Veterans' Repatriation Health Card

I've heard that some pensioners won't use the concession rates.

Apparently now there's a three tiered system in place

1 Regular mail - slow as fuck

2 Premium mail - how normal mail always was in the past

3 Concession mail - to be delivered any time in the next month, if someone feels like it.

I don't know what they are playing at, one minute they are bragging about how many parcels go through the system and showing us high tech high volume parcel handling facilities that have been recently opened. Then they are crying poor and telling us it's not viable anymore so they have to jack the rates up and force us to accept much worse service at the same time.

All my small parcels get jammed in my letterbox by the postie these days. For larger parcels I just get a note in the letterbox most of the time. I have to do their job and go and pick the the fucking thing up.

I've been waiting on a parcel to come from Sydney for a week and the tracking shows it won't be delivered until next week. I could have walked down there and picked the fucking thing up myself and walked back home with it by now.

• Like 2

We live in a 'fluctuating delivery zone', i.e. some times shit turns up, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it turns up weeks after the fact when you've given up on it ever arriving. 

This is part of the new service called 'surprise mail', where you get a letter of any description and you are stoked that somehow, something turned up in your mailbox. Surprises are worth paying a little extra for, right? :huh:

• Like 2