The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderIdeal

Australia attacked Syria

https://mises.org/blog/how-1989s-invasion-panama-set-stage-25-years-endless-war

A great, short article from a most excellent website.

Im posting this as NATO has joined the coalition (of which Australia is a party) against Islamic state.  US backed forces are expected to cross into Syria from Jordan soon to capture territory at the Jordan/Iraq/Syria border which happens to contain the land route between Damascus and its allies to the east.

Recently the coalition bombed Syrian government aligned forces (again) in this area, on their own turf.  This push if it happen will require air support which may involve the Australian military.

I'm completely opposed to Australian military involvement.

• Like 1

What the heck just happened with Qatar?!  Becoming the leper of the gulf monarchies overnight it seems.  

Scapegoated for Saudi arabias terror-funding?

I dont know.  Its so unexpected. To me anyway, the last thing I expected.

Without Qatar's gas there is far less reason to bother toppling Assad!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-13/video-emerges-us-allowing-isis-fighters-escape-safely-syria

Tldr: Australia as a member of tha USA-led coalition, is a supporter of ISIS.

The coalition doesn't want to hammer ISIS.  Their intention is to "corral" Isis towards Syrian government held areas.  Namely deir ezor.  Which the coalition conveniently pounded from the air last year almost allowing Isis to overrun the enclave.

• Like 1

Russia releases evidence alleging that the us-led kurdish sdf is openly cooperating with isis in deir-ezzor (isis last stronghold outside of libya)

This is the same until-recently besieged city which australia helped perpetrate an air attack upon.  A few thousand syrian fighters protecting 200 000 civilians from isis.

Yah, WE tried to help isis overun the defenders and now America has been caught red-handed fighting alongside isis to prevent syria recapturing the oil-rich territory.  The same america whose "anti"-isis coalition we are a part of.

https://www.rt.com/news/404365-us-special-forces-isis/

Israel has said that sunni jihadists on their border are preferable to the exceptionally-tolerant nation of syria.  Apparently WE agree.

Note that the same "corralling of isis" mentioned in my last post was allowed to happen from raqqa to deir ezzor.  And what of raqqa?  The offensive has been put on hold to prioritise preventing syrian recapture of the deir ezzor region.

The strategic imperative is difficult to pin down since syrias comeback crushed their plans.  Bargaining chips when assad makes a deal with the kurds?  Strengthen kurdish holding (only useful allie to Israel and america in the area)?  Run gas through iraq then to israels coast via syrian kurd territory?

All pointless.  Syria is unstoppable now.  Their clerks and bakers are now seasoned ass-kickers and backed by the very effective iranian, lebanese and soon iraqi shiite militias not to mention russia.  assad is coming for a favourable agreement with the kurds unless theyd rather be destroyed, and eventually hes taking the Golan Heights back from israel.  Maybe im getting ahead of myself but this whole invasion of syria has brought the shiite crescent closer while fracturing the cooperation between sunni powers and letting russia cozy up to the only truly mighty sunni states, turkey and egypt.  Qatar and iran are now frienss.  What a collosal failure of US tinkering and a waste of hundreds of thousands of lives.

And what do we reap for our complicity, alongside europe?  Isis terrorists coming back home with their isis families.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

The modern word for barbarian is terrorist

Stefan Molyneux