The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zedo

A request to psychonaughts

Good morning everyone. I'm posting here for a request to have a PM chat with anyone who would consider themselves and lifestyle highly spiritual and psychonaughtical. 

I know it's prob not the best forum to ask, but I would like to ask a few questions that prehaps you can shed a different/brighter light on a situation I am facing currently. 

Anyways please PM me if you have a thought or two to spare.

Thankyou

• Like 4

make sure you make it down to a brissy meet man, if we ever pull one off ;-)

edit

Edited by bardo

I'd like to thank those who had the chance to chat. While I'm still in two minds I have a bit of an idea how to proceed. 

But now I'll open up the floor.

Have you had a life changing experience? Due to this experience, did it change your life goals? While altering your path to aim towards your new life goals, did you have things holding you back that left you in two minds wondering whether your new goals are worth leaving your old goals for? Has your life and health improved or diminished upon following these new goals?

those I've spoken to you will understand these questions a bit more narrowly. But I'm opening up the floor to all wakes of experience and choices. 

This will probably get way off track lol but oh well. A good discussion is never a wasted one.

Life changing experience - yes

Change of path/goals - sort of, but path/goals are an external focus. The experience was more about what's "within". It awakened a peace and acceptance, and allowed new life obstacles to be approached differently. I didn't gain a sense of "what" to do, rather a sense of "how" to be. This can still frequently be forgotten when emotion/ego/self begin to distract from the moment. 

Regarding old goals vs new goals, perhaps you might consider relaxing the attachment to goals. Our modern world is very goal-oriented, we must always be doing something in order to have meaning. But meaning can be found in "being" as well as "doing". Perhaps if you release the pressure of having the correct goal, a path may reveal itself to you.

look at it as your old way of perceiving everything and yourself vs your new way of perceiving everything and yourself. 

Life and health after life changing experiences - definitely better. Old aches and injuries disappeared, life long allergies gone, anxiety, fear and loneliness a distant memory.

• Like 6

nice broad questions ;-) I guess I've had many life changing experiences, s ome expected or chosen and some others not.I'm not so sure I can comment on life goals etc but to me the most important thing is setting clear intentions. With intention (sometimes in combination with the right medicines lols) everything can just sort of fall into place in the most beautiful way- things like goals, or even your idea of what a goal is, may change without any conscious decision-

experiencing bliss and joy from just being is the most amazing thing- I myself have a long way to go, but I feel i am on the right path, if I had a life goal it would be to live a joyous life!

• Like 5

Prehaps I should alter the phrase goals to way of life. 

Thanks for the input

• Like 2

Hey mate, 

I have had many life changing experiences.. I started actively cultivating them in my life after I had a powerful experience of an altered state that shattered my view of myself and the world and brought me out of a decade of suicidal depression. After that I slowly realized there were a lot of things making my life difficult and Ihad to figure out new goals, new way of living. Everything had to change. It was a slow transformation with many difficult steps. Ihad to shed a lot of friends who were living destructive lifestyles. Meditation was of massive benefit to helping me stay strong and focussed. Ten years later of taking baby steps towards my imagined goal Iam happy I am healthy and I am living my dream of being in the bush doing whatever makes me happy! Aim high and never lose sight of what you want. :)

I am very happy to talk to you more if you want to

• Like 6

Thanks peeps. While I still need to sort out life, having the various view points from you all has helped me to open up new ideas and try take things how they come. Maybe I'll com out better for it. Peace